SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

entry3-4.jpg

Intensity Meter from Uprising confirmed as Classic mode feature

Why Kid Icarus gets too much respect...? >.<

Nobody knows.

Kid Icarus DOES NOT get too much respect, it's not even overrepped, and it's annoying to hear people say that, just like it's annoying to hear Shulk shouldn't or won't get in, or that Lucina stole someone else's spot. Ugh, tired of hearing all this.

Kid Icarus DOES NOT get too much respect, it's not even overrepped, and it's annoying to hear people say that, just like it's annoying to hear Shulk shouldn't or won't get in, or that Lucina stole someone else's spot. Ugh, tired of hearing all this.

Well as much as I loved Uprising I can't help but see the favoritism.

2 stages, 2 maybe 3 fighters, a multitude of enemies in smash run, a multitude of items while some series are still waiting for their first, many assist trophies, some mechanics

I can definitely see why people are a little upset.

Well as much as I loved Uprising I can't help but see the favoritism.

2 stages, 2 maybe 3 fighters, a multitude of enemies in smash run, a multitude of items while some series are still waiting for their first, many assist trophies, some mechanics

I can definitely see why people are a little upset.

For a series that had DIED for over 15 years and had only one game (Kid Icarus(NES) at the time. Pilotwings even deserves better as it had 2 games. Both SNES and 64.

please stop talking about pilotwings there will not be a pilotwings character now or ever

it'd be like if i talked only about how likely zael or calista was or how the last story deserves more than ice climbers or something.

btw, kid icarus: of myths and monsters exists

Edited by Maester Indigo

please stop talking about pilotwings there will not be a pilotwings character now or ever

it'd be like if i talked only about how likely zael or calista was or how the last story deserves more than ice climbers or something.

How do you know?

The game's not out yet. As much as I love Pilotwings...it could happen. Ice Climbers only had one game and they made it in. See...it could happen.

-----

Now about DK.

If were to get another rep to that...it will be either Dixie, K.Rool, or Pauline.

Edited by Bimbo

Why Kid Icarus gets too much respect...? >.<

Nobody knows.

I know people are pointing out Kid Icarus is getting over represented but this is not an instance of it. This is not something relating to Kid Icarus. It is a design feature that Sakurai first utilized in Kid Icarus and choose to use again in the same way he decided to use idols in Smash Bros the way trophies were used. It is a design decision not a reference. You know the menu set up in Brawl? It's ripped directly from Kirby's Air Ride and was also used in Kid Icarus Uprising. These are common design traits that Sakurai obviously likes and thinks they improve the games (personally i liked Melee's menu set up better but that's neither here nor there). If Sakurai works on another game after Smash he could easily use this difficulty set up again and it will not be a reference to Kid Icarus. Uprising was merely the first game in which it was used.

The Miis are already a Pilotwings rep. Maybe we'll see some of the Pilotwings reps show up as assist trophies or maybe even just trophies in the gallery, but technically speaking Miis already fit representation of the series due to it taking place on Wuhu Island in the latest installment with Miis as your player character.

Regarding the whole KI overrepresentation, instead of just saying its bias wouldn't a better explanation for that be that the present day Kid Icarus just happens to have a lot within it that fit well with Smash? Granted, Daybreak prolly was the only item from it that wasn't needed, but that's just my opinion on the matter

Kid Icarus is getting a lot of representation, but to the best of my knowledge, Uprising had good sales and was received decently. It successfully brought the almost irrelevant franchise back into relevance after Pit and Palutena were included in some form in Brawl, and earned the 3DS some profit. Not only that, it was Sakurai who revived the franchise after its long hiatus, he has every right to treat it like one of his children (the other being Kirby of course). For a series that has had one game in the last decade, it is getting a lot of representation, that's why people are unhappy about it. But of course, everyone here knew that.

I liked Uprising so I have no problem with Kid Icarus getting a little more representation, but that's personal stuff. Before Palutena was revealed, I was a big petitioner for Magnus as a character, but I felt that a third character would be bordering the line of definite over-representation, although he was later confirmed to be an assist trophy.

Galacta Knight would be a fantastic alt, I could get behind that

Edited by Spiky

Regarding the whole KI overrepresentation, instead of just saying its bias wouldn't a better explanation for that be that the present day Kid Icarus just happens to have a lot within it that fit well with Smash? Granted, Daybreak prolly was the only item from it that wasn't needed, but that's just my opinion on the matter

This is true and believe me I absolutely love all the Uprising stuff but you can't help but see that the majority of items this time around are Mario, Zelda and KI.

Hey, how come the new stages page doesn't actually list every stage that's been shown so far? I don't see either of the FE stages, Skyloft, Pokemon League, or some others. :(

I actually want Squirtle to get a couple buffs and return. Squirtle, Charizard, and Pikachu are three of the most famous Pokemon out there, so why not have ol' Squirtsy?

Also, I think it'd be cool if there was a trailer that just showed on-the-chopping-block characters like Squirtle, R.O.B., Lucas, and Snake returning in their own ways, i.e. Squirtle barely sliding in under a door, and Snake hiding in a box and sneaking in.