SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

http://www.smashbros.com/us/characters/lucina.html

Sorry for being an ass again...

It's still no excuse for Sakurai to put in Lucina over him. Just how is it that she is unique over him? Havng a clone in is intolerable. Chrom gets a game over when defeated, Lucina doesn't. Chrom is around since the beginning of the game, Lucina wasn't. Chrom's new actions was how Lucina was alive and kicking. The only thing about Lucina is...that she saved Chrom during the assault in Ch6's end. ...And Sakurai could have had him use Lances instead of swords. Because we would just have another plain blue haired sword user. That is still no excuse. >.< Could have had him use Lances like he could in his Great Lord class. D: Either this...or they could have put in Ephraim. Still going to be irritable to no end having her in...but can at least knock the tar out of her. Robin is approved, because he/she fills the story as well as Chrom and that a game over is received if he/she is defeated. I just want to see some handsome heros in this game. >.<

Please put Chrom in SSB5, Sakurai. Please.

Normally I don't respond to you for reasons I won't state, but for the love of God, this is beyond ridiculous. I am pretty sure this has been explained not only to others multiple times, but specifically to you. Lucina did not "get in over" Chrom, and even if she did, none of their story importance would ever have really mattered (we may have argued about it a lot, but it was always random, irrelevant tangents). Additionally, clones are not "intolerable" when it's literally stated as just an alt costume having been upgraded and taking no development time away from any other roster choices.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Normally I don't respond to you for reasons I won't state, but for the love of God, this is beyond ridiculous. I am pretty sure this has been explained not only to others multiple times, but specifically to you. Lucina did not "get in over" Chrom, and even if she did, none of their story importance would ever have really mattered (we may have argued about it a lot, but it was always random, irrelevant tangents). Additionally, clones are not "intolerable" when it's literally stated as just an alt costume having been upgraded and taking no development time away from any other roster choices.

kmpb.jpg

Whaaa...? So I'm not informative, understanding and good enough to get a response from you...? Whatever.

Why Lucina's a stand alone character than an alt, nobody knows. The detailed coding of Chrom explains well enough that he was considered and that Lucina did not get in over him. But...it's just due to the lack of females is why that she is in. If it hardly took no development time with her, then that's why that the release of the game is faster than usual. Of course, I do tend to grasp the reality of things before saying them.

EDIT:

Really she doesn't have that much over Chrom at all, but there are two things that gave her leeway over him.

1. She's female, so Sakurai got a chance to break the blue haired males stereotype twice.

2. She's easier to make than Chrom. Sakurai could very well make the excuse of her being similar to Marth being that "she's a Marth imitator" and that Chrom would have to be play different.

Of course he has lances and that could give a different playstyle for FE characters, but I think it's evident that Robin was the real FE rep and Lucina was just kind of an afterthought. He probably came up to the finished costume model (and Dark Pit and Doctor Mario's, if my theory there is correct) and was like hey lets give the fans a little treat and make her standalone.

Only due to the good sales that Awakening had. Otherwise...she'd be an alt, or an asset.

Edited by Bimbo

Clones? Semi Clones? Take them as they are a plus for the roster. If Chrom is not in the roster, it's not because Lucina took his spot, simply because he wasn't meant to be as a playable character. So if you were to take out a clone, in general, it would mean a character less not that somebody else is joining.

At first it was kind of fun, but lately these new thread titles have just been really stupid.

Hello, Scrooge McDuck! I didn't realise you were revealed!

I've seen a few leaks and I'm not entirely sure if I can trust any of them. Still, launch is coming up, I'm sure we'll be finding out soon.

Clones? Semi Clones? Take them as they are a plus for the roster. If Chrom is not in the roster, it's not because Lucina took his spot, simply because he wasn't meant to be as a playable character. So if you were to take out a clone, in general, it would mean a character less not that somebody else is joining.

It would be pointless to do that as it would take even more time to do so which would further delay the release of the game.

Hello, Scrooge McDuck! I didn't realise you were revealed!

Gotta admit, this one is better than most of the previous ones. Though I think you should know, the novelty wears off when you change it every other day.

Why Lucina's a stand alone character than an alt, nobody knows.

But we DO know this. Sakurai stated himself that he intended to put Lucina in as an alt since her build fits Marth's perfectly, but later decided to tweak Lucina's properties a bit to differentiate her enough from Marth and make her her own character.

You need to realize that removing Lucina from the roster won't mean that Chrom (or anyone else, for that matter) would take the spot. She is for all intents and purposes a bonus character.

Ike says hi. (Imo, he blows Chrom out of the water in hotness.)

[spoiler=Too handsome to show]

8a7f7ed759ed06e525b9f0cb3178564a.png

I think we have a winner.

Oh hey, the forum is back. I, for one, enjoy the stupid thread titles .3.

EDIT: I take it back. Now I've got that damn song stuck in my head. Dx

♫ Life is like a hurricane here in Smashland

Mario karts, Superscopes, Smaashballs, it's a duck-blur!

Might solve a mystery

Or rewrite history! ♫

But we DO know this. Sakurai stated himself that he intended to put Lucina in as an alt since her build fits Marth's perfectly, but later decided to tweak Lucina's properties a bit to differentiate her enough from Marth and make her her own character.

You need to realize that removing Lucina from the roster won't mean that Chrom (or anyone else, for that matter) would take the spot. She is for all intents and purposes a bonus character.

There's no point in delaying the inevitable. Removing her now isn't worth further delay of the release.

Ike says hi. (Imo, he blows Chrom out of the water in hotness.)

^^

-----

I've GOT IT!
Lucina is a rep rather than an alt, because of Awakening's good sales! :D
Edited by Bimbo

Why is anyone taking Ayanami seriously?

Anyway, at this point, I can't say I care who or what's revealed. I'm satisfied so far with Sonic and the FE reps. That's all I need. (And Pac-Man as well because viva la arcade.)

[spoiler=Too handsome to show]

8a7f7ed759ed06e525b9f0cb3178564a.png

I think we have a winner.

Hottest hero in all of Nintendo. Ike has nothing on him! No one does!

Once the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff are in, I have everyone I want: Luigi, Ice Climbers, Toon Link, Zelda, Jigglypuff. I'll use Palutena and perhaps Pac-Man, too.

Edited by ZM©

Hottest hero in all of Nintendo. Ike has nothing on him! No one does!

Once the Ice Climbers and Jigglypuff are in, I have everyone I want: Luigi, Ice Climbers, Toon Link, Zelda, Jigglypuff. I'll use Palutena and perhaps Pac-Man, too.

But Ike though... :P

I'm quietly waiting for IC and Jiggly too.

But so far I'm pretty content with the characters that made it in (^.^)

But Ike though... :P

He doesn't get ladies going after him without trying for nothing. ^^

Aimee chases him, Elincia and Marcia get kinda flirty with him...haha.

People are just messing around when they bring up Wario though, don't worry. We all know Ike is the only pretty boy in this game...BITCH!! :awesome:

(not actually calling anyone that, making a reference, lol)

People are just messing around when they bring up Wario though, don't worry. We all know Ike is the only pretty boy in this game...BITCH!! :awesome:

Technically, Marth is prettier...but Ike is manlier.

Ike is so manly and ufff

Can't wait to use him! I'm still wondering if there will be a difference in his attacking speed and whatnot. Well, we'll see soon! ^.^

hehe Wario is...um...handsome in his own special way :D

Edited by Hashuni Mei

So does anyone know / do you think there's gonna be another character reveal before the Japan release?

Some good reinforcements and a positive attitude on Lucas will surely make me feel more relieved.