SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Isn't that the reason this new game doesn't have a SSE?

I think I recall something like that being said. Something about the cinematic trailers being their spiritual successor?

Sakurai should be pleased to see his fan centering their attention at SSB4

Also, people have speculated about Gaur Plains but I'm not certain about it.

Lol. It's all I can think about right now

Yeah, that's what my mate said. I haven't played the game myself (heathen, I know), but Gaur Plains is said to be the most iconic place from the game?

#MonadoMonday

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Uh

I think it looks legit, but

what the hell is up with that tongue attack? Is that something BJ's Clown Car can do?

Not the last time I checked. I've only seen boxing gloves as movable damaging parts

Edited by WaluigiWeegee

Hey, it wouldn't be the first time Sakurai's given moves to characters that they couldn't actually use in any of their own games. Ike's Eruption, pretty much all of Luigi's moves (even his Fireballs. They've only been green in Smash), Marth's moves (someone said earlier that his moves come from the Jugdral FE games), Captain Falcon's moves, etc. And Pikachu has five Pokemon moves even though Pokemon can only actually have up to four in the Pokemon games.

Edited by Anacybele

Hey, it wouldn't be the first time Sakurai's given moves to characters that they couldn't actually use in any of their own games.

I know, but

It's just so weird.

Hey, it wouldn't be the first time Sakurai's given moves to characters that they couldn't actually use in any of their own games. Ike's Eruption, pretty much all of Luigi's moves (even his Fireballs. They've only been green in Smash), Marth's moves (someone said earlier that his moves come from the Jugdral FE games), Captain Falcon's moves, etc. And Pikachu has five Pokemon moves even though Pokemon can only actually have up to four in the Pokemon games.

IIRC in Earthbound Ness can't actually use offensive psychic attacks, only physical, so Smash made up his psychic attacks too.

Edited by Alertcircuit

Oh yeah, if I was Sakurai and I found out about all of this, I'd be feeling pretty shitty right now. I love surprising people with my work, and I bet he does too. I really feel bad for him now...

Sakurai should be pleased to see his fan centering their attention at SSB4

This is all too much. -.-

Come 13th, some of us are gone until we play the game.

Yeah, that's what my mate said. I haven't played the game myself (heathen, I know), but Gaur Plains is said to be the most iconic place from the game?

#MonadoMonday

It's the biggest location for exploring and such. It is huge as f**k

[spoiler=Gaur Plains]Bionis%27_Leg_2.jpg

The Chorus Men screen is fake. Different leak, faker admitted to forging it.

...My only hope is that it's still an elaborate hoax. I know someone mentioned there was a Brawl mod with Shulk, and apparently some are saying Bowser Jr. could be a modded Kirby or Jigglypuff, but...it's all way too much.

Well, we'll all see soon.

On the topic of elaborate hoaxes/drafted up leaks...

Remember when someone drafted up the "next gen system" video back then known as the "Nintendo On" in place of the Wii?

IIRC in Earthbound Ness can't actually use offensive psychic attacks, only physical, so Smash made up his psychic attacks too.

They weren't really made up since all of those attacks DO exist in the game. Ness can actually use PK Flash, though in Earthbound it's not really an offensive attack (it inflicts status conditions IIRC).

Also, he can use PK Rockin', which is offensive. Though the majority of his PSI is healing stuff.

Um... I don't think anyone has seen this game's coding except for the devs?

Erm...He's detailed better than the assist trophies.

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario might have had the same situation as Lucina. Originally they were alternate costumes, but then later they became their own characters.

Dark Pit and Dr. Mario might have had the same situation as Lucina. Originally they were alternate costumes, but then later they became their own characters.

Given their locations on the roster, that is almost definitely the situation.

Gosh dang it...I really hope this giant leak is only partially true. Duck Hunt Dog and Shulk are awesome, I'm indifferent on Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit, and I'm wondering why Dr. Mario isn't just a costume for Mario since it's just literally Mario in a doctor's outfit. I really want Wolf, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers to return. Gosh dang it...

Given their locations on the roster, that is almost definitely the situation.

Yeah, exactly.

What worries me is that SSB's number of playable characters grow in exponential ways. How many chars will there be in SSB5? 60+?

I'm not worried. I've seen fighting games with bigger rosters. That Dragon Ball Z game my brother has must have at least 60 different characters. I thought SSB4 was going to have a smaller number of newcomers than Brawl, like only five or six, but obviously, that number's been surpassed by a lot. lol I was shocked. :P

Gosh dang it...I really hope this giant leak is only partially true. Duck Hunt Dog and Shulk are awesome, I'm indifferent on Bowser Jr. and Dark Pit, and I'm wondering why Dr. Mario isn't just a costume for Mario since it's just literally Mario in a doctor's outfit. I really want Wolf, Lucas, and the Ice Climbers to return. Gosh dang it...

Different attributes. Dr. Mario had significant changes to his moveset attributes in melee like his special neutral B pill move.

The leaker that leaked that pic said they'd be DLC. But I'm skeptical on this because Sakurai stated awhile back that he had no plans for DLC and doesn't appear to have changed his mind. I think he would have said something by now if he did, because the 3DS release is so close. Then again, he could be waiting for the Wii U version to get closer before coming out with DLC.