SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The chat on stream is awful, it's just constant begging for codes. I want one, but I won't grovel for it.

On a more positive note, Link's grunts are amazing, especially his death grunt, 10/10 would play on repeat endlessly

I saw someone pretend they had a kid brother with cancer in order to get someone to give them one out of pity. srsly

I saw someone pretend they had a kid brother with cancer in order to get someone to give them one out of pity. srsly

You're not joking? That is just downright low.

Anyway, guess who the second assist trophy to show up for me was and also the first one to kick my Link's ass. Ghirahim. Lawl. He wanted vengeance for all those times I beat him in Skyward Sword. XD But yay for getting Ghirahim! He's awesome. ^^

Damn, I don't know why people are getting in such a tizzy about these demo codes when we'll all be able to get them in a week, with two weeks to go before release. Some people are even paying for these things. Christ. Sure, I want to play it, but with five characters and one stage, two weeks is way more than enough time for me to get my fill of it.

Damn, I don't know why people are getting in such a tizzy about these demo codes when we'll all be able to get them in a week, with two weeks to go before release. Some people are even paying for these things. Christ. Sure, I want to play it, but with five characters and one stage, two weeks is way more than enough time for me to get my fill of it.

The demo code version have unlimited use. The eshop demo doesn't. So there is some value to it.

Edited by kingddd

it's an exclusive club

I want it because I'll have considerably less time next week, but that's just me

As someone who has the demo, it's VERY limited even with unlimited uses. 30 loads is more than enough uses to get your fix from the demo, considering only 5 characters are there, there's no customizations at all, and there's only two stages. It's definitely not worth $35 that some dumb eBayers want for their codes. If someone is so desperate to pay out more than $5 (which is basically the absolute max that these could even possibly be worth) for one of these codes, I feel extremely bad for them.

I mean, yeah, for the hardcore they get to analyze up to 25 matchups, but it's still just a tiny fragment of a huge game. It's not worth blowing your money on having the demo a *week* early. If you were that hardcore that you needed the game right away, you might as well just buy a Japanese 3DS and then you could have the full game right now, and that's exactly what's happening.

Edit: In the demo, if you change your system language you can get Smash to play in different languages, complete with the regional SFX. So maybe, hopefully, we might get Japanese in the full retail release when we can open up the game's options. Even if the review copies don't have that feature...

too much hope, I'm gonna be disappointed aren't I

Edited by Samias

As someone who has the demo, it's VERY limited even with unlimited uses. 30 loads is more than enough uses to get your fix from the demo, considering only 5 characters are there, there's no customizations at all, and there's only two stages. It's definitely not worth $35

Should've sold my codes, game would've paid for itself

Yeah, the demo's pretty limited, which I guess is the point of a demo. 30 uses will be plenty for most everyone.

Hey, I got a demo copy for free from a friend, so I'm happy.

Have played the demo...too.

It will take some getting used too since I worry that the joypad is delicate and that you have to jerk it to jump and whenever doing combos. Especially in mid-air. It should be fun nonetheless.

-----

WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

My game just got shipped yesterday. Anyone who preordered (Jap Version) should get this by the 17th. Only 4 more days before I know everything!!!!

Keeping everything spoiler free once I obtain the game!

http://www.play-asia.com/dairantou-smash-brothers-for-nintendo-3ds-paOS-13-49-en-70-6pfn.html

Jap 3DS Owners

Come here to get it NOW!!!!!

Edited by PuffPuff

I know it's been a while, but I still feel that Chrom is beautiful, and it's a shame he isn't in.

640px-SSB4_-_Robin_Screen-6.jpg

I wasn't even sad until I saw his glorious model.

I'd cut Marth for Chrom imo. Marth got nerfed to obvilion, and a new tipper character could be cool, but id be torn apart so

As someone who has the demo, it's VERY limited even with unlimited uses. 30 loads is more than enough uses to get your fix from the demo, considering only 5 characters are there, there's no customizations at all, and there's only two stages. It's definitely not worth $35 that some dumb eBayers want for their codes. If someone is so desperate to pay out more than $5 (which is basically the absolute max that these could even possibly be worth) for one of these codes, I feel extremely bad for them.

I quote:

I posted my 3 codes on GAF and they were gone after 10 seconds.

It's like people are sitting in front of their 3DS and spamming F5 to input the codes as fast as possible wow

Glorious hype for smash it seems.

I wanted one for someone, but I sure as hell wasn't desperate enough to go buy it

Edited by shadowofchaos

@Alert same way you make it (down-B IIRC)

I think I have e-mails from Nintendo turned off so I don't think I'm applicable for codes but it doesn't really matter as I already played the demo and it'll come out next week anyhow...

Japanese Smash Bros Wii U release date in Japan 2014/11/19

The Japanese Nico Nico Stream just confirmed this.

Link?

Here's hoping for a worldwide release. Probably not going to happen.

It's kinda selfish, but I'm actually glad the Wii U release is still two months away. I finally got enough money to repay my sister, but now I have to save up probably just as much for a Wii U, the game, and the Gamecube controller adapter (hopeful America gets the bundle of those three things together). And, anyway, my other sister is giving me her old TV, which is much better than the TV I have now, sometime around the end of October or early November because she, her husband, and their newborn daughter (well, due-to-be-born a little over a week from now, will be born by then) move into the new house that they're having built and get new, even better TVs. And she's the kind of person who will change her mind about giving me the TV if she sees that I just spent several hundred dollars on a new game console, so I can't buy the Wii U until after I get the TV.

Bold: lol
Because of this game is why that the Wii-U sales will shoot up greatly. XD

The Japanese version of Smash Bros. 3DS is available now on the eshop.

You could actually get this game on the 12th because it's a day later out in the Nihon coast. ^_^

13hrs ahead.

3DS Demo coming over here on September 19th.

Platinum Club Nintendo users get it later today.

Gonna try it!

What? Only certain random people out here will get the demo? That's the most stupidest thing ever.

-.-
More trolling for America and Europe.

What? Only certain random people out here will get the demo? That's the most stupidest thing ever.

4bd.jpg

*nods* *nods* *nods*
Atta boy, Sakurai. Even though his shit gets leaked, it just shows on how much that we love the series and that alone is why that we will get more of these games. XD

even then your platinum status must been between the 2013 to 2014 anyway. So if you attempt to get platinum now, you're out of luck. Spoilers are the requirements and they will stop distributing them in 9 mins or so.

[spoiler=requirements]

TcLeGy8.png

Us Japan 3DS owners can get this game already!

But...I'm getting this version as well. Want the Japanese voices is why that I'm getting both.

wA9QjlB.png?1
image-34.jpg

Sadness!

Noooo. No Dixie. :(

That could be just their player trophy. It hasn't been fully said that they wouldn't be playable. Unless it says so in those Jap writings.

So far, Robin looks cool I guess. I mean, the Fire Emblem characters are pretty basic, besides Robin of course. Robin has, like, the best colors of any non Clown Car recolor. Although dat Serena 'Puff.

Looking at the gameplay only makes me more excited, especially the music. Omg, Try Try Again, Rogueport Theme in the Paper Mario Medley, Smiles and Tears, and Magicant/Eight Melodies sounds amazing.

Also, THIS song was my most wanted. Not only is it in, but it got a VIOLIN REMIX. I LOVE VIOLIN

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fY35y2iL1d8

vA95B6.jpg

Three cheers. Drink.

For those who were mad that Luigi had two identical colours in the magazine scans of all the alt colours, fret no longer. That was confirmed as a printing mistake and Luigi does indeed have 8 unique palettes like everyone is supposed to.

xv8IOS0.jpg

Oh, good, I'm glad to hear that. So, which of those was the missing palette? I can't remember. xP

That third palette is actually a reference to the Super Mario Bros. OVA, in case any of you were wondering.

200px-AnimeLuigi.png

Oh yeah.
We need to have some pallette's that are from the show.

So since the Japanese version is being released tomorrow...

Will the main site be updated with all the unlockable characters (at least the Japanese one)?

No.
Because people will be looking there and everything will be ruined in the west. -.-

the japanese version was already released as of 11:00 am EST today. they're 13 hours ahead of EST.

Yes.
That is why that our games got shipped on the 12th. That is if your in the Pacific timezone. :D

Rey is getting his copy on Monday. I'm getting mine on Wensday.

Should've sold my codes, game would've paid for itself

Yeah, the demo's pretty limited, which I guess is the point of a demo. 30 uses will be plenty for most everyone.

I didn't even play it 30 times.

Got tired of it after 10 times. But...I'll use my other 20 times shortly.

Oh oh oh! We might finally have a Wii U release date for peeps outside of Japan!

ssbdate.jpg

If this is accurate, it's the very same day Pokemon OR/AS comes out. o.o

Edited by Anacybele

Oh oh oh! We might finally have a Wii U release date for peeps outside of Japan!

ssbdate.jpg

If this is accurate, it's the very same day Pokemon OR/AS comes out. o.o

That does seem like a plausible release date given that Japan is getting the Wii U Version two days earlier, but I don't think one random store has inside knowledge that no one else does. Seems like some kind of guess.

The downside is that if that is the release date, then I feel that my Omega Ruby game might not see play time for a few months at least.