SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Tiers are based on the highest level of play. No one's going to be beating Mew2King's Sheik with Pichu or Kirby, or Ken's Marth with Bowser or something. People have analyzed these things to death to see which characters are good against which others; that's how tier lists exist. Yeah, sometimes lower ranked characters come out and surprise people a bit (I've seen Luigi and Yoshi be used in competitive Melee and they're both average at best), but the players who rank the highest are always using the highest-ranked characters because they have the most advantages.

Im much more impressed with this:

Srsly, i want to Smash with that guy!

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tiers are based on the highest level of play. No one's going to be beating Mew2King's Sheik with Pichu or Kirby, or Ken's Marth with Bowser or something. People have analyzed these things to death to see which characters are good against which others; that's how tier lists exist. Yeah, sometimes lower ranked characters come out and surprise people a bit (I've seen Luigi and Yoshi be used in competitive Melee and they're both average at best), but the players who rank the highest are always using the highest-ranked characters because they have the most advantages.

Yeah, this. I'd also like to say that low tiers CAN win against good players, but it doesn't happen since if you mess up in any way 4 times, that should be the end of the game. It really comes down to "don't get hit", which is the best smash advice of all time imo.

Edited by Comet

Melee was developed in 13 months but Sakurai stated that in order to achieve that, he worked every day (not just weekdays) for more than 12 hours a day, never took any days off, and barely had any time for himself. He stated the experience was horrible and he's never doing that again, which is why we're never getting a Smash Bros. game for a system launch ever again.

lol
Is why that he is still in buisness even now.

So apparently Peach is so good in this game that you get banned for dishonest play for using her online.

...I'm not joking.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/13/super-smash-bros-3ds-players-smacked-1-day-ban-online-playing-peach/

Expect glitches for awhile as this is the 3DS connection which is less stable than by a console. Peach will be playable soon when they get the bug fixed.

I'm also in love with Duck Hunt. His explosive can move looks so cool.

Especially with the shooter trying to shoot him with his smashes and all of the gunmen trying to shoot him in the final smash.

All of the feels.

It's so weird. I was so against the character when I saw it on the leak. Then when I saw the videos and started to accept it, I started to like it. Now it's one of the ones I want to try the most and the character I didn't know I wanted.

Yeeesss~

Feel that joy. Nurse it. Pat it on the head and let it carry you on the wind~

~~Duck Hunt~~

Ive been for it since the beginning. Its a nod to guys like me who've been jamming away at Nintendo since it crossed the pond.

It's a character I didn't know I wanted either! I had thought of the Duck Hunt Dog once or twice before, but didn't think he had any chance whatsoever of being in. lol

Not to spoil for spoiling sake by looking, but, lol...the question is how he got in?

Edited by PuffPuff

It's so weird. I was so against the character when I saw it on the leak. Then when I saw the videos and started to accept it, I started to like it. Now it's one of the ones I want to try the most and the character I didn't know I wanted.

When I saw the leak, I actually liked the idea of the Dog more than Shulk.

But I felt the same back then when the Wii Fit Trainer was announced. I was pretty pissed, that such a stupid, unimportant character got in. But then I watched her video a few more times and really grew to her.

(All the funny memes about her helped. Feel the burn!)

Is there actually any difference between this thread and the other one anymore? For people who don't want to get spoiled, the Dog was just part of the leak that not everyone believed in and we're openly discussing him here.

Are there no more pics of the day?

My mate told me it's a Japanese holiday day today. That might be why we have nothing. No idea if that is indeed the case, though

I can see a pic of the day :x

It's a pic of a menu, but it talks about Conquest mode:

Pic of the day. Now that the game is out in Japan, the Conquest mode will be available in online multiplayer in the Japanese version. This is what the title screen will look like for the overseas version. In this mode, the game aggregates global wins among specific teams during a limited time and determines the victor. If you choose a participating fighter from the With Anyone option, you'll automatically participate in Conquest. We'll be running Conquest in beta for a while.