SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy crap that aerial play by a certain Greninja is ridiculous.

I was surprised you can do it multiple times in the air too. Could not believe how much of a trap it can cause.

A friend of mine let me use his copy for the full game for a bit.

Shulk is even better than i thought he would be. it might take a while try to get used to his monado arts though

He is definitely a number one contender for top main

Watch out Marth

Since you people all have it (and I'm still sitting on whether I should get it or not, since if I do I have to get 2 copies of it and $ issues)

How do Marth v Lucina feel?

Lucy feels different from Marth
I try to apply what i do for Marth on to Lucina, but for me Lucy just feels a bit....Marth lite if i had to say.
I think Lucina is slower? i'm not too sure
Lucinas lack of a sweet spot like Marth takes away the same need of keeping away like Marth

but, i'm bad at explaining, so don't quote me on this

There is something about the German translation that irritates me.

You know how in DBZ fighting games, Cell has always uses same voice in every form. This is because Cell always uses the same voice Japanese version. So apparently adding additional voice clips and/or making it so that each form of Cell accesses different voice clips is beyond the limit of what a localization team can do. I guess I'm not surprised, given how this would be actual changes in how the game is programmed rather then just a matter of replacing some files.

Now the German translation of Smash 4 displays a separate name for Wii-Fit Trainer and Villager depending on the gender, complete with different voice clips for the announcer. This is appropriate for the language but I am surprised to see that the game is coded in such a way that allows to use different voice clips and display different names depending on the selected pallet since the Japanese and US versions probably don't have a need for such a feature.

It reminds me of how the German versions of the GBA Fire Emblem games gendered the class names, unlike any other game I've played. But technically the male and female versions of classes were coded as separate classes. As far as the game is concerned, they are as separate as Paladins and Archers, so giving each version different names was probably trivial.

Edited by BrightBow

Just got my copy, YES! :D

Time to bust it out and start training! Well, as soon as I get some food. It's lunch time and I'm starving. And anyone that knows Ike well would know that he wouldn't battle on an empty stomach either! Haha.

If only Ike liked bear meat

ana accept my friendthingy or something idunno how friendcoding works omghelpplzahhhhhhhhhhh

Actually another legit question; does every stage have an "Omega"? I can't imagine what happens in like Warioware Inc. if it's Omega-ized

If only Ike liked bear meat

ana accept my friendthingy or something idunno how friendcoding works omghelpplzahhhhhhhhhhh

lol he just might, we don't know if he's ever tried it.

And sure. :)

You know how in DBZ fighting games, Cell has always uses same voice in every form. This is because Cell always uses the same voice Japanese version. So apparently adding additional voice clips and/or making it so that each form of Cell accesses different voice clips is beyond the limit of what a localization team can do. I guess I'm not surprised, given how this would be actual changes in how the game is programmed rather then just a matter of replacing some files.

Now the German translation of Smash 4 displays a separate name for Wii-Fit Trainer and Villager depending on the gender, complete with different voice clips for the announcer. This is appropriate for the language but I am surprised to see that the game is coded in such a way that allows to use different voice clips and display different names depending on the selected pallet since the Japanese and US versions probably don't have a need for such a feature.

It reminds me of how the German versions of the GBA Fire Emblem games gendered the class names, unlike any other game I've played. But technically the male and female versions of classes were coded as separate classes. As far as the game is concerned, they are as separate as Paladins and Archers, so giving each version different names was probably trivial.

The other versions have this feature for the

Koopalings

and Pikmin and Alph/Olimar. Robin also has a different voice for his/her female form. So it is in all versions of the game, just more so in the German versions.

Edited by Knight

The other versions have this feature for the

Koopalings

and Pikmin and Alph/Olimar. Robin also has a different voice for his/her female form. So it is in all versions of the game, just more so in the German versions.

So that's were it's used. Thanks a lot for the info.

The some of the secret veterans are up on the official site. That first Wario image, it seems to be implying something, but I can't see what.

...I don't believe this. So far, I'm thinking Ike is nerfed. He can no longer Quick Draw Cancel (using Quick Draw, but stopping right in front of his opponent and then immediately following up with his jab combo), which was one of my go-to strategies with him and one of his best tricks. Just...why, Sakurai. :(

But besides this, he does indeed feel exactly the same aside from the increased gameplay speed and obvious aesthetic changes. Therefore, he plays WORSE than in Brawl. Which is messed up, because he needed buffs. What a disappointment. But he's Ike, so I must play him...

You know how in DBZ fighting games, Cell has always uses same voice in every form. This is because Cell always uses the same voice Japanese version. So apparently adding additional voice clips and/or making it so that each form of Cell accesses different voice clips is beyond the limit of what a localization team can do.

Remember what happened with the Awakening voices?

It caused the voice bug in language switching, in the female units in the DLC, and the Streetpass Bug.

Adding different voices in an animation does not have possible bugs associated with it.

It was just decided for this instance that it was not worth the risk.

Considering how critical Smashers can be as it is.

Edited by shadowofchaos

...I don't believe this. So far, I'm thinking Ike is nerfed. He can no longer Quick Draw Cancel (using Quick Draw, but stopping right in front of his opponent and then immediately following up with his jab combo), which was one of my go-to strategies with him and one of his best tricks. Just...why, Sakurai. :(

But besides this, he does indeed feel exactly the same aside from the increased gameplay speed and obvious aesthetic changes. Therefore, he plays WORSE than in Brawl. Which is messed up, because he needed buffs. What a disappointment. But he's Ike, so I must play him...

According to SSB Wiki, Ike has seven buffs and six nerfs, so he seems to have gotten better. I won a round with him against four very talented players, including the guy that was runner-up in the tournament I took part in.

Really? I guess I just haven't noticed quite everything yet. I did see that I can still pull off at least SOME of my old combos. But no Quick Draw Cancel still saddens me. I loved throwing folks off with that. :(

So far, from who I've played against with him (computer players, of course, since I just started):

Fox: the first one. I just left the CPU at Random. I had a feeling I'd have trouble against him with the faster gameplay. He felt faster this time, so yeah.

Wii Fit Trainer: Did pretty well against her.

Robin: Ugh, he seems ridiculous. He kicked my ass even though he hardly seems any faster than Ike. Well, his attacks seem to come out a bit faster. He just moves slow.

Greninja: Didn't have nearly as much trouble against him as I thought I would. He's actually slower than I anticipated.

Dedede: lol wow he sucks against Ike. I creamed him. Also, I discovered something funny about this penguin. You can send his spiky things right back at him for damage, which Ike can do easily because of his range. Did so a few times. XD

That's all so far.

I appear to have discovered an issue with Ghirahim and the Reset Forest. XD All he's been doing is hopping down into the pit in the stage's first form.

I played against Marth next simply because I always enjoyed Ike vs Marth in Brawl. :P

Why do people say Marth got slowed down though? I don't see any change in his speed. I still kicked his ass though, as I did a lot. Although in the first match, I lost because I suicided. >_< Still getting used to these controls.

So I bought SSB because while getting an oil change, the people at the auto shop locked my keys in my car. I just walked half a mile to Gamestop and bought SSB because i was frustrated. I wasn't expecting to get it until next week.

Considering my aerial game has never been good, I'm feelign surprisingly comfortable with Little Mac. I feel like Kirby handles differently though compared to older versions [slower?]

I've played three matches in 1 vs 1 For Glory mode. I have yet to lose. Haha.

I think I have a new combo for Ike that I never discovered before though. Jab twice + down tilt. It might not work against every character though. But it sure did against Zelda. She never escaped from it after I pulled it off against her twice.

Browsing the sound clips in Sound Test

Lucina's voice clip 32, 33. Funny how she insults Marth and Ike. I wonder how you instigate it or if it's just an unused voice clip.

It was also interesting that Male Robin has a voice clip where he's concerned about Lucina and Female Robin is demoralized about helping Chrom in the sound test.