SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

@Randoman

Nice! :D

Good job!

As it turns out, my brother finished our challenge board while I was gone (it was just 2 special moves and 1 hat).

Thanks!!

And congrats to you too Red Fox!! Even if your brother did help out, I still think siblings helping out with challenges is fair game. I mean, my younger brothers helped me out with quite a few of them (>25 seconds in 10-Man Smash with all 49 characters and getting all custom specials comes to mind).

I guess with the 2,000,000 Gold I could probably farm for lots of strong equipment in Classic 9.0 and Crazy Orders, or maybe I could give random online opponents a serious attempt and show off my skills online. Then again, it sounds like For Glory is beyond tedious and annoying with all the dodge roll spammers and projectile spammers/online lag abusers. Even if I could defeat them, it'd seem more annoying and grating than anything else based on what others are saying on SF.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks!!

And congrats to you too Red Fox!! Even if your brother did help out, I still think siblings helping out with challenges is fair game. I mean, my younger brothers helped me out with quite a few of them (>25 seconds in 10-Man Smash with all 49 characters and getting all custom specials comes to mind).

Don't worry, I did all the hard ones :P. My brother had never even beaten Master Fortress until the board was clear.

I guess with the 2,000,000 Gold I could probably farm for lots of strong equipment in Classic 9.0 and Crazy Orders, or maybe I could give random online opponents a serious attempt and show off my skills online. Then again, it sounds like For Glory is beyond tedious and annoying with all the dodge roll spammers and projectile spammers/online lag abusers. Even if I could defeat them, it'd seem more annoying and grating than anything else based on what others are saying on SF.

Well, yeah, you do run into some of those, but I would never say there are enough to ruin the mode. Plus, it's good practice for punishing those kinds of things, right?

How are some of these challenges supposed to be completed (in Smash Wii U)? I for the life of me can't do more than half of this, no matter what I do.

Describe the trouble you're having and perhaps some of us can lend you a hand.

How are some of these challenges supposed to be completed (in Smash Wii U)? I for the life of me can't do more than half of this, no matter what I do.

I'd say screw em...

Already hammered the Marth under 12 min 9.0 intensity challenge and the All-Star on hard with all characters challenge as these challenges aren't for everyone. Hardly nobody can do that challenge as you have to be 100% good with every character to even make it possible. (Always losing to the Master Core as it's movements and attacks are unparalleled in comparison to the other modes. The roulette wheel is pretty easy to use on Classic as it often loops by one. Just pick one just before the one you want to get it to land on it! It's that easy.) (The All Star 8 on Hard ...that I can try to do.) This game is unorthodox as it is...as I cannot stand doing challenges that already exceeds way beyond my limitations and incapable of learning any improvements upon them as anything different being tried always ends in failure. The 9.0 intensity challenge with no life challenge can stay locked up for all I care as I've attempted the 9.0 intensity mode over 100ish times this day alone. -.- I'll try to at least get almost all of the challenges done. I'm never going to completely understand the ways of the gameplay of the Wii-U's version. Haven't opened up a single challenge for the past seven days except for hammering those two. Had 11 left to do. Now 9.

Just like the Tabuu on hard with all characters challenge stayed locked up for me eternally in the Brawl game as that challenge was insane to no end as there was no possible way to ever finish it! (Wii-U Version) Thank god that I still have two hammers left and hoping that I won't have to use anymore. -.- Already collected the Mii Force Helmet only having two more hats to go. The 50k block challenge made me find it along the way. The All-Star on hard with everyone may be easier with a friend. But...I always play alone without the computer...so it had to be hammered! -.- I do seem to be better without the customs with certain characters like Ike, Ganon, Peach, Ness and Link. But...no matter what I do...clearing intensity 9.0 is an improbable cause. Ness' Kayo Ken may make it easier since there is nothing that the AI can do about it to thwart it, but...it'll take a great deal of practice to use it effectively. Just like those that aren't going to hammer the All Star on hard with all characters (That some people don't like doing...or used the 5 hammers already to do away with other challenges) and cannot finish it...the Saki trophy can still be read from the 3DS version which was much easier to obtain.

Edited by PuffPuff

Things like "survive this-long on Cruel Smash" and "beat Intensity 9 Classic with no lives lost" and all that crap. Doesn't matter who I try it with, doesn't matter what custom stuff I put on, doesn't matter what I do at all...these challenges are, for me, completely un-winnable.

@FE Fan

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyvw3NhadT8

Oh...that ones easy. Just hang onto the edge of the ledge and swiftly attack your opponent and repeat.

Edited by PuffPuff

Things like "survive this-long on Cruel Smash" and "beat Intensity 9 Classic with no lives lost" and all that crap. Doesn't matter who I try it with, doesn't matter what custom stuff I put on, doesn't matter what I do at all...these challenges are, for me, completely un-winnable.

For the cruel smash survival: video above. I did it exactly like that myself, and before that video was even uploaded.

For intensity 9.0: this mostly takes practice. Play against the master core forms enough so you can learn their attacks and when to dodge/block them. Do the other 8.0 challenges first so you can learn master fortress (master fortress is actually really easy once you learn it well). Healing equipment also helps, particularly the healing over time equipment. It's definitely not easy to clear 9.0 without even losing a stock and is even at times RNG-reliant, but if you go at it enough, you'll be able to get it eventually. Take it from me: once I was first doing well enough to beat 9.0 without getting a game over, it still took me almost ten tries to do it without losing a stock, and I was using the same Zelda build the whole time. (Zelda is, imo, the best character for master fortress)

That it is even worse when you deal less damage to the foes and Master Core on Intensity 9.0 than in any other difficulty setting. Practice makes perfect for the ones that are unbreakable. But...there is always one that may not ever be finish-able as not everyone is capable of doing such things. But...there is one element that you must learn and that is timing of when to use your moves and dodges against the hardware that can read the game like a dictionary.

The Marth 12 min under one maybe easy with invincibility, heal, home run bat, but the Master Core itself is not something that you want to behold on 9.0. As the mode itself is something that no ordinary player can accomplish. As it moves too fast for you to counter, or to use your attacks right. Someone like Ike may not be good for this as a single attack leaves him open while the Master Core has it's way with you. You lose a stock against it...literally after a couple of hits as 9.0...the foes have better launching power and defense than you do that you could lose a stock even when your only 30% wasted taking twice as longer than usual to KO foes! The improved attack in a crisis/trade off items may help on the Master Core/Fortress phase as you sometimes survive above 100%. But...other than that...it could be a RNG dependent factor to finishing 8.0-9.0.

Edited by PuffPuff

The Marth 12 min under one maybe easy with invincibility, heal, home run bat, but the Master Core itself is not something that you want to behold on 9.0. As the mode itself is something that no ordinary player can accomplish. As it moves too fast for you to counter, or to use your attacks right. Someone like Ike may not be good for this as a single attack leaves him open while the Master Core has it's way with you. You lose a stock against it...literally after a couple of hits as 9.0...the foes have better launching power and defense than you do that you could lose a stock even when your only 30% wasted taking twice as longer than usual to KO foes! The improved attack in a crisis/trade off items may help on the Master Core/Fortress phase as you sometimes survive above 100%. But...other than that...it could be a RNG dependent factor to finishing 8.0-9.0.

You really shouldn't ever assume that just because you can't do it that no one else can. Any ordinary player can make it through Master Fortress one way or another.

Besides, wouldn't it be easier to just simply avoid the enemies?

Edited by Kiseki

It's just a matter of learning the bosses/fortress. It took me a few attempts to get 8.5 done but with enough practice it's possible - and I'm not particularly amazing at Smash! I used Shulk, buster really helps when you don't actually need to deal knockback.

@Shin

A few of these challenges are bullshit. But...I guess that's why someone like Shulk exists for as not all of us are good at smash. x.x

You really shouldn't ever assume that just because you can't do it that no one else can. Any ordinary player can make it through Master Fortress one way or another.

Besides, wouldn't it be easier to just simply avoid the enemies?

=o

Actually...the problem is the dog and the sword phases. They're ridiculously fast and bad news for slow attackers which I'm best with and always losing a stock in one of those parts is bad. As you cannot really afford trial and error in the Master Fortress phase. Fall in the fatty acids and you bounce like a rag doll easily with the acids that are on the sides of the walls. Get hit by a laser, you get juggled and possibly killed. If you survive with the improved attack in a crisis ability+Invicibility activating from 100%+ damage for 7 seconds, it'll be smooth sailing if you are at the very end of it's body by the main core....it's brain.

Items can be crazy fun too. lol

I used to play all kinds of matches with explosive items on against CPUs in Brawl and man was it fun and chaotic!

Edited by Anacybele

I find even a good smash player will succumb to RNG bullshit. Why won't Sakurai let us turn off items in classic.

nothing feels worse than losing because of the Beetle, Wind Gust Bellow and Galaga in Classic or Crazy Order.

Even worse when a motion sensor mine or bob-omb appears right in front of you when you smash attack the enemy.

Edited by kingddd

@RedFox

Appearing in front of you. Yeah, that's annoying. -.-

Classic is navel with hazards anyhow.

One of my best characters is Ganondorf and I sort of just plow through Master Core using his up-aerials and smashes.

With good timing...he can clear the final fight much faster than with most other characters. Good way to complete the 9.0 without customs challenge...or by using Shulk and his Monado arts that Shin already pointed out!

-----

I DID IT. I COMPLETED THE CAPTAIN FALCON WITHOUT HEALING BETWEEN ROUNDS AND NO HEAL ROUNDS ALL STAR CHALLENGES IN ONE GO! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm feeling pretty demonic. >:D

It was all a matter of using the platform and using smash attacks. Preferably the upper one. The AI weakens when your on a really small platform. It's your chance to take them out! I've did this with less than 20% health wasted. I've even had a close call upon the seventh round and would have literally screamed upon the horizon if I lost. The Deathborn trophy's description is very nicely well done. As I've played F-Zero GX with Captain Falcons story. This trophy like the Black Knight are one of my favorites. <333

It's all a matter of practice. Now to figure out an easy strategy for the 9.0 intensity without losing a life challenge.

Edited by PuffPuff

Oh god challenges.

@RedFox

Appearing in front of you. Yeah, that's annoying. -.-

Classic is navel with hazards anyhow.

With good timing...he can clear the final fight much faster than with most other characters. Good way to complete the 9.0 without customs challenge...or by using Shulk and his Monado arts that Shin already pointed out!

-----

I DID IT. I COMPLETED THE CAPTAIN FALCON WITHOUT HEALING BETWEEN ROUNDS AND NO HEAL ROUNDS ALL STAR CHALLENGES IN ONE GO! WHOOOOOOOOOOOO. I'm feeling pretty demonic. >:D

It was all a matter of using the platform and using smash attacks. Preferably the upper one. The AI weakens when your on a really small platform. It's your chance to take them out! I've did this with less than 20% health wasted. I've even had a close call upon the seventh round and would have literally screamed upon the horizon if I lost. The Deathborn trophy's description is very nicely well done. As I've played F-Zero GX with Captain Falcons story. This trophy like the Black Knight are one of my favorites. <333

It's all a matter of practice. Now to figure out an easy strategy for the 9.0 intensity without losing a life challenge.

You can hammer that one I think.

My frustrations with the Wii U version find no end. In addition to this charming glitch:

https://miiverse.nintendo.net/posts/AYQHAAABAACNUKE465oiww

...I also had the game crash several times on me by now, always in Cassic Mode. ...which is kind of a pain if you have to pay money to even play a mode in the first place. Anyway, is it just me or is Classic Mode far more bugged then the other modes?

Well, I guess I'm glad the game at least crash didn't this time.

Edited by BrightBow

Oh god challenges.

You can hammer that one I think.

You can.

But...I try my best to complete them the normal way as it makes you a better player and it makes you feel alot better about yourself and how you've truly earned the prize! Just glad that there are certain challenges that some people can do that others can't which makes these games wonderful to play. I'm trying the All Star with 8 characters as this is needed for me to further improve. But...yeah. Some of these challenges really are something that takes good strategy in order to open them the normal way. At least another special hard to get trophy that I've truly earned. ^_^

Edited by PuffPuff

I don't think it's going to improve much if I do 100 man melee with every characters. I'd rather do something more interesting in the two or three hours it takes to do it 50 times. Likewise I know I'm going to get all the custom moves and costumes eventually but I want to finish the board so I'd use the hammer on challenges like that.