SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

My idea for Isaac was the fact that his B moves used his Djinn (or all 4 elements) and that when you used them. You got weaker because they were no longer equipped, using the B move again would set them but if all 4 were in standby mode, B would become a summon.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My idea for Isaac was the fact that his B moves used his Djinn (or all 4 elements) and that when you used them. You got weaker because they were no longer equipped, using the B move again would set them but if all 4 were in standby mode, B would become a summon.

How would B set and activate four different things?

How would B set and activate four different things?

Up B, Down B, Side B and neutral B would be all different attacks, but if all 4 were used without a repeat press (thereby setting those djinn to be used again) you could use Neutral B for a summon. Like how Mac's punch works.

Up B, Down B, Side B and neutral B would be all different attacks, but if all 4 were used without a repeat press (thereby setting those djinn to be used again) you could use Neutral B for a summon. Like how Mac's punch works.

Gah. I thought that's what you meant. I must have just misread your initial post that made me think you were just referring to neutral b.

Gah. I thought that's what you meant. I must have just misread your initial post that made me think you were just referring to neutral b.

I probably could have worded it better honestly. Sorry for the confusion

No it's my fault. You say B moves and the B Move making it clear what your saying. I'm just a fool. Great idea though, I may have to steal it when I begins speculating SSB5 movesets. What summon were you thinking of? I don't think there's any summons that utilize all four djin types, assuming you'd want to very his moveset and show off all elements. It could just as easily be earth centric I suppose.

Let's consider the following. Number of new franchise representation added to the playable roster by game:

Smash 64 - 10: Super Mario, Donkey Kong, Yoshi, Metroid, Star Fox, Kirby, Pokemon, The Legend of Zelda, Earthbound, F-Zero.

Melee - 3: Ice Climber, Fire Emblem, Game & Watch.

Brawl - 6: Kid Icarus, Pikmin, Metal Gear, Wario, R.O.B., Sonic the Hedgehog.

Smash 4 - 8: Megaman, Wii Fit, Animal Crossing, Punch Out, Smash/Nintendo? (Miis), Pac-Man, Xenoblade, Duck Hunt.

Trivia:

-No Smash since has added as many new franchises to the roster as the original, though the most recent is the closest.

-Despite more than doubling the size of the original roster, Melee only added 3 new franchises to the roster.

-Melee and Brawl's additions combined are one more than Smash 4's alone and still less than the original's.

-Smash 4, while adding 8 new franchises, also lost 2 that were in the previous game, those being Metal Gear and Ice Climber, and this is the first time such a thing happened in the series.

-Out of the 17 franchises that have been added since the original, only two, Fire Emblem and Kid Icarus, have had more than one playable character on the roster. On the flip side, out of the 10 franchises from the original, only two, Yoshi and F-Zero, have not ever had more than one playable character on the roster.

-There are currently 25 series represented on the roster with 49 (and soon to be 50) character slots, making for an average of close to 2 characters per franchise.

Anyone remember Gematsu from last year?

No? No one? ...okay.

Apparently data for Rhythm Heaven was found in the emblems section of the game code. This section contains the emblems for every franchise represented in Smash Bros., both those with characters and stages or just one of them. If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the Mario Mushroom, the Zelda Triforce or the Megaman Blade.

Here's the section of code. You'll see what I'm talking about if you look at the line starting with "xenoblade". You'll see "rhythm" on that line.

ÿÿ È smashbros
donkeykong starfox kirby fzero
metroid mother pokemon zelda mario
yoshi
fireemblem
gamewatch
pikmin wario palutena famicomrobot sonic plankton touch doubutsu wiifit
xenoblade punchout duckhunt rhythm rockman
nintendogs miiplaza pacman tomodachi wreckingcrew !
wuhuisland " miiverse #
lightplane $
braintraining % balloonfight &

I'm not trying to get into any Gematsu was right/wrong debates because frankly I don't think anyone cares anymore given that the game is out. But I do think it's interesting that this may be our first hint of a newcomer getting cut, as rhythm is listed with other new franchises that received characters.

This code also seems to suggest that Hanenbow may have been considered as a past stage as well. It's also very interesting that the ice climber's emblem is totally removed. We know that they were working on the Wii U version but everything relating to them (except for their two songs) are totally gone.

For reference, check this out: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464/page-1610#post-18453536

There's also info suggesting a cut Dr. Mario stage as "virus" is mentioned in the game's UI.

and here is an image of the viruses from the game's UI.

XgAxGrT.png

They were likely going to be bosses as they are listed with the other bosses (except for Nabbit who doesn't have his name in the boss section).

Edited by Floor Ice Cream

Anyone remember Gematsu from last year?

No? No one? ...okay.

Apparently data for Rhythm Heaven was found in the emblems section of the game code. This section contains the emblems for every franchise represented in Smash Bros., both those with characters and stages or just one of them. If you're unsure of what I'm talking about, I'm talking about the Mario Mushroom, the Zelda Triforce or the Megaman Blade.

Here's the section of code. You'll see what I'm talking about if you look at the line starting with "xenoblade". You'll see "rhythm" on that line.

ÿÿ È smashbros

donkeykong starfox kirby fzero

metroid mother pokemon zelda mario

yoshi

fireemblem

gamewatch

pikmin wario palutena famicomrobot sonic plankton touch doubutsu wiifit

xenoblade punchout duckhunt rhythm rockman

nintendogs miiplaza pacman tomodachi wreckingcrew !

wuhuisland " miiverse #

lightplane $

braintraining % balloonfight &

I'm not trying to get into any Gematsu was right/wrong debates because frankly I don't think anyone cares anymore given that the game is out. But I do think it's interesting that this may be our first hint of a newcomer getting cut, as rhythm is listed with other new franchises that received characters.

This code also seems to suggest that Hanenbow may have been considered as a past stage as well. It's also very interesting that the ice climber's emblem is totally removed. We know that they were working on the Wii U version but everything relating to them (except for their two songs) are totally gone.

For reference, check this out: http://smashboards.com/threads/official-character-discussion-thread.347464/page-1610#post-18453536

There's also info suggesting a cut Dr. Mario stage as "virus" is mentioned in the game's UI.

and here is an image of the viruses from the game's UI.

XgAxGrT.png

They were likely going to be bosses as they are listed with the other bosses (except for Nabbit who doesn't have his name in the boss section).

I'm pretty convinced that the Gematsu leak was from someone who saw very, very early data, like very beginning stages of development. Makes sense if you ask me.

No it's my fault. You say B moves and the B Move making it clear what your saying. I'm just a fool. Great idea though, I may have to steal it when I begins speculating SSB5 movesets. What summon were you thinking of? I don't think there's any summons that utilize all four djin types, assuming you'd want to very his moveset and show off all elements. It could just as easily be earth centric I suppose.

Judgement for earth centric but maybe some odd merger of the four basic summons? I dno

I'm pretty convinced that the Gematsu leak was from someone who saw very, very early data, like very beginning stages of development. Makes sense if you ask me.

Yeah, and as I've said in the past, that person likely mistook Robin's data for Chrom, explaining that error. So I agree.

Yeah, and as I've said in the past, that person likely mistook Robin's data for Chrom, explaining that error. So I agree.

Or they had started on modeling Chrom expecting him to be the playable character, only to switch in Robin when they thought Chrom was too similar to Marth/Ike in their early planning phase. We know Lucina was originally just a Marth costume as well, made into her own character at the last minute.

I don't think Gematsu was entirely wrong (after all, Wii Fit Trainer would have been a nearly impossible guess), but that the developers changed the roster a few times mid-development as they came up with better ideas or that some ideas would not pan out (complex partner AIs eg Ice climbers and probably also the Chorus Men)

Chrom was never over chosen by Lucina. They just didn't want to waste time to give him Lances. -.-

-----

The tournament continues now!

How y'all doing?

Edited by PuffPuff

Sakurai said that Chrom was merely considered. He was never part of the playable roster and thus had no playable data.

Don't forget that Chrom has a full model made strictly for Smash 4, so it's very possible that said Chrom model originally started as a playable character before Sakurai decided to go with Robin as the playable character and relegated Chrom to Final Smash status.

Chrom has no playable data because it's likely the data was moved and renamed from "Playable" to "Final Smash".

Don't forget that Chrom has a full model made strictly for Smash 4, so it's very possible that said Chrom model originally started as a playable character before Sakurai decided to go with Robin as the playable character and relegated Chrom to Final Smash status.

Chrom has no playable data because it's likely the data was moved and renamed from "Playable" to "Final Smash".

No, read what I said again. And go look at the one article from Sakurai. He said he considered Chrom, that is all. Not that he had some playable data early on that was scrapped. Chrom's model was made only for the Final Smash and it's as detailed as the playable characters so it doesn't look out of place, I'm guessing.

No, read what I said again. And go look at the one article from Sakurai. He said he considered Chrom, that is all. Not that he had some playable data early on that was scrapped. Chrom's model was made only for the Final Smash and it's as detailed as the playable characters so it doesn't look out of place, I'm guessing.

I've read your post and Sakurai's quote, thank you. What Sakurai said does not exclude my theory. "Considered" could mean anything, from being nothing more of an idea in Sakurai's head to actually being playable in the development stages and scrapped very late in the process (which is what actually happened to the Ice Climbers, for example, and Sakurai removed ALL IC data from the game).

Well he came to the conclusion while playing Awakening so if he immediately jumped the gun after five minutes of gameplay and then changed his mind near the end of the game it would still mean only the bare bones got in unless it took him forever to finish the game.

I've read your post and Sakurai's quote, thank you. What Sakurai said does not exclude my theory. "Considered" could mean anything, from being nothing more of an idea in Sakurai's head to actually being playable in the development stages and scrapped very late in the process (which is what actually happened to the Ice Climbers, for example, and Sakurai removed ALL IC data from the game).

The ICs still have data, actually. There's a glitch in the game that has their cheer trigger sometimes when you're playing Villager.

When someone says "considered" usually they mean it was nothing more of an idea in their head. So I think your theory is excluded. Sorry.

The ICs still have data, actually. There's a glitch in the game that has their cheer trigger sometimes when you're playing Villager.

When someone says "considered" usually they mean it was nothing more of an idea in their head. So I think your theory is excluded. Sorry.

They removed the IC chant after the patch. It's also not there in the Wii U version.

No, "considered" is vague enough to consider the "Chrom was playable at some point in early development" theory a valid one. I don't want to argue semantics here, but there's absolutely nothing out there that can exclude the POSSIBILITY of it happening.

They removed the IC chant after the patch. It's also not there in the Wii U version.

Oh, I hadn't known that.

No, "considered" is vague enough to consider the "Chrom was playable at some point in early development" theory a valid one. I don't want to argue semantics here, but there's absolutely nothing out there that can exclude the POSSIBILITY of it happening.

And I still disagree, so it looks like there's nothing more we can talk about here. Whatever was going on, I'm just glad Robin was chosen in the end, as I wanted him/her over either Chrom or Lucina.