SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Politics is the matter concerning how people are managed. Your gender politics are no less political just because it's the status quo or that you think they aren't (and it's quite frankly insulting that you hold a storytelling device-based metric to be simultaneously more important and presently unsatisfactory). You are not innocent in this matter--merely ignorant. This, of course, is not to imply that you are unable to learn, but unwilling; I would be glad to be proven wrong here.

----

(Less) Real talk: If Isaac did make the cut, I will be needing to learn yet another main character . . .

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

(Less) Real talk: If Isaac did make the cut, I will be needing to learn yet another main character . . .

Luckily, I've been sticking to my masterplan of Ain't Nobody Got Time For Multi-Maining

Gonna make it that much easier to pick up Isaac when he does inevitably make the cut 8]

Edited by Euklyd

I usually don't proclaim characters as my mains before I tried playing them, but Isaac deserves an exception to this rule. Bandanna Dee as well, should he actually make it. <3

I got only two true mains at the moment, but around fifteen characters I enjoy playing as, so one more doesn't make much of a difference anyway.

ok let's be real optimus prime would have a sick final smash

transform into a fuckin truck and run his opponents over

Question Mark block with Mario legs will get in before every other characters.

"Question Mark block with Mario legs INQUIRES YOUR FATE"

Edited by Jedi

I just checked the official website for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U and they took off the navigation button to the Ballot on the Main Menu, but, strangely that they left the ballot itself unchanged (incase if you saved the link or find an link where it takes you to the Ballot), but, someone in Miiverse saids that they test it out and it still works the same as it was. I totally think that's find that really odd about that they took it out of the main menu and left the ballot unchanged.

Edited by King Marth 64

Inklings actually have it even worse imo because they released an Inkling trophy. Why would they release an Inkling trophy and costumes if they had any plans to potentially add them as DLC for this game? It's more likely they're saving Inklings for the next Smash.

Before Mewtwo was added to the game we got a Mewtwo trophy that used an older 3D model. Having an existing trophy doesn't seem to mean anything for who Sakurai chooses as a fighter. Some fighters also have extra trophies that use assets from other games, like Fox. Likely that's why they were able to throw in an Inkling trophy so easily for the new costumes.

Although I think Chrom is definitely out and I doubt we'll get any of the non-Nintendo Mii costume characters like Heihachi as full characters, I don't think Inklings are entirely out of Sakurai's mind as Splatoon ended up being very popular worldwide as a new IP. There's also a lot of moveset potential there based on the various weapons. I don't expect the Inklings to be chosen but I also wouldn't be surprised if they were.

Likely that's why they were able to throw in an Inkling trophy so easily for the new costumes.

The Inkling trophy is a model ripped straight from Splatoon. It's specifically the model used in-game that appears when you use the Inkling Girl amiibo, which is why the Inkling trophy in Smash also has the amiibo pose.

Before Mewtwo was added to the game we got a Mewtwo trophy that used an older 3D model. Having an existing trophy doesn't seem to mean anything for who Sakurai chooses as a fighter. Some fighters also have extra trophies that use assets from other games, like Fox. Likely that's why they were able to throw in an Inkling trophy so easily for the new costumes.

Although I think Chrom is definitely out and I doubt we'll get any of the non-Nintendo Mii costume characters like Heihachi as full characters, I don't think Inklings are entirely out of Sakurai's mind as Splatoon ended up being very popular worldwide as a new IP. There's also a lot of moveset potential there based on the various weapons. I don't expect the Inklings to be chosen but I also wouldn't be surprised if they were.

For the base game, sure. But the Inkling trophy came later as DLC. Why would they add both a Mii costume and trophy if they were even considering making Inklings playable? Yeah, these came out before the game and the game ended up a hit, but the character was already popular and getting plenty of ballot support; it's not like they expected the game to flop.

For the base game, sure. But the Inkling trophy came later as DLC. Why would they add both a Mii costume and trophy if they were even considering making Inklings playable? Yeah, these came out before the game and the game ended up a hit, but the character was already popular and getting plenty of ballot support; it's not like they expected the game to flop.

Nintendo didn't expect Splatoon to flop but they openly stated the game exceeded everyone's expectations.

Not only Splatoon surpassed Smash Bros. Wii U's sales in Japan, but it also surpassed Mario Kart 8. That's kind of a big deal.

Nintendo didn't expect Splatoon to flop but they openly stated the game exceeded everyone's expectations.

Not only Splatoon surpassed Smash Bros. Wii U's sales in Japan, but it also surpassed Mario Kart 8. That's kind of a big deal.

Okay. That doesn't change anything.

Okay. That doesn't change anything.

Neither does a trophy being added on the base game or as DLC. I mean, we're talking about something that took probably minutes to add. It was there, so why not?

Neither does a trophy being added on the base game or as DLC. I mean, we're talking about something that took probably minutes to add. It was there, so why not?

The base game and DLC are very different places for a trophy to added. I've explained this, and I won't do so again. Agree or disagree, that's my stance.