SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Zelda wasn't that near ALBW.

However, the way I look at it, X/Y and ALBW didn't really need the publicity that a Smash Bros. character would bring, especially since the 3DS finally started selling well in 2013. Nintendo is desperate to sell the Wii U, and you may notice that most of the revealed characters were shown around the time of a Wii U release relevant to them.

Even Rosalina was a hidden character in Super Mario 3d World, which was released around the time of her reveal.

Zelda was revealed the day ALBW came out in Japan though.

This is why you look at both when the west gets something and when Japan does

X/Y isn't a huge killer to the theory. X/Y is a second party title, so GameFreak gets to tell Sakurai what Pokemon info to show and when.

Every other released character is a 1st party character.

I think the veteran/release date theory works, it just wont work always, if that makes sense. No way Sakurai is going to be that predictable. But occasionally, he will do it where it makes sense.

Doofina your words also support Marth not being around a release. IS is also 2nd party

I do apologize for making the center of discussion an odd theory I had.

To the new pic itself, Zelda is looking amazing in HD

Yeah haa

Toon Link with WWHD

Yea haha. Remember how worried you were about Toon Link and his naysayers. He showed up after i told you he would be back. then you told me the same with Sonic, who I was confident in but he had a lot of naysayers too. We seem to have each others backs bro. Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

Yeah haaYea haha. Remember how worried you were about Toon Link and his naysayers. He showed up after i told you he would be back. then you told me the same with Sonic, who I was confident in but he had a lot of naysayers too. We seem to have each others backs bro.

IKR haha. We're sakurais in disguise though, but don't tell anyone that we control smash!

IKR haha. We're sakurais in disguise though, but don't tell anyone that we control smash!

If we did I'd imagine the roster would be somewhat different lol.

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

True! It would definetely have Palla, for example!

And Felix from golden sun the lost age!

I don't care if it doesn't make sense I'd expect you to put Sakura in.

Legit idea due to my Sakura Wars bias :P I could probably make a Sega smash roster pretty easy tbh

Isn't IS owned by Nintendo, making it first party?

I have no idea what their exact relationship is, as I've heard both first and second party.

Though I think that first party makes more sense at this point, as Sakurai has been very liberal with Fire Emblem content (Marth and Arena Ferox) when compared to Pokemon (Pikachu and Xerneas).

270c69b47d155dff556b8403e357921f.png

"Pic of the day. The ropes surrounding the ring. You can actually use the stretchiness of the ropes to do a spring jump. However, you can't pull on them to launch yourself sideways in a lariat attack though."

Edited by Freaky Alien Lemonade

I was wondering about those ropes, now we have new info on a first revealed stage! This week has actually been pretty decent so far

if wario can't giant swing somebody into the ropes and shoulder smash them as they bounce back I'll forever mourn what could have been

I was wondering about those ropes, now we have new info on a first revealed stage! This week has actually been pretty decent so far

Well that, and Arena Ferox revealed to be a Dynamic stage a few weeks.

I predict that the next Smash Character, a Kirby one, will be revealed on January 11th in Japan to commemorate Kirby Triple Deluxe's release in Japan.

Olimar, Zelda, and Toon Link were announced when a game from their series was released so I think that either Meta Knight or King Dedede will be confirmed next week.

I predict that the next Smash Character, a Kirby one, will be revealed on January 11th in Japan to commemorate Kirby Triple Deluxe's release in Japan.

No Pic of the day on weekends, remember? It'd be either on tomorrow or next Monday.

OMG GUYS! RAINBOW ROAD RAINBOW ROAD RAINBOW ROAD!! :D

daily-2014-01-09.jpg

(again though, I still don't know how to get the proper link for the image rather than the daily update one, which the image linked to it changes, as we all know)

Edited by Anacybele

I just did. Miiverse is weird for me right now. Same thing happens with Facebook and my email. I don't get why this is...

EDIT: Oh wait, your link works...somehow. Nevermind lol.

Edited by Anacybele