SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just did. Miiverse is weird for me right now. Same thing happens with Facebook and my email. I don't get why this is...

EDIT: Oh wait, your link works...somehow. Nevermind lol.

That link isn't a Miiverse page. It's basically a fan - made Dojo. It even has speculative movesets.

No Pic of the day on weekends, remember? It'd be either on tomorrow or next Monday.

Either way, there will be a character revealed next week from the pattern of previous Veteran reveals. King Dedede will probably be revealed before Meta Knight.

Either way, there will be a character revealed next week from the pattern of previous Veteran reveals. King Dedede will probably be revealed before Meta Knight.

Either that or he'll do Metaknight first to get the boos over with, people are extremely skeptical about the possible balancing that Sakurai and Namco will do to him.

I personally wanted Metaknight so much before Brawl but as broken as he was I couldn't use him in good faith, my fav Kirby character and I was unable to use him.

Reminds me of my melee days when friends and family banned me from Peach who I was apparently too good with, I'd probably be so rusty with her now

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

Called the announcement.

Sooo…the next big Nintendo game would be Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? So probably Diddy will be confirmed next unless they confirm Ness or Captain Falcon before then.

Yoshi for Yoshi's New Island which comes later on this Spring so that's probably be when he'll be confirmed. So with that that should be all the original Veterans…oh and Jigglypuff who, I'd like to joke, would probably be revealed when they finally release the Pokémon Bank.

Edited by Naui

Which further supports the release date theory.

Yep. A lot of us saw the King Dedede reveal coming today (myself included).

BdmPE7WCAAEnrw1.png

I remember back in the pre-Brawl era, as soon as King Dedede was revealed I said to myself "I definitely know which Brawl newcomer I'm maining." I always liked his funny chubby penguin appearance and his misunderstood personality. Though sadly, I found him too slow and clunky to work with and I basically gave up on maining him. That also happened with Lucario as well, and Lucario was probably my #1 most wanted Brawl newcomer. I hope the same thing won't happen with Rosalina in SSB4, especially seeing how she's a character I really wanted in, she's one of my most favourite Mario characters, I along with the majority of the Smash fanbase thought her chances were very slim, yet she made it in.

Sooo…the next big Nintendo game would be Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze? So probably Diddy will be confirmed next unless they confirm Ness or Captain Falcon before then.

Yoshi for Yoshi's New Island which comes later on this Spring so that's probably be when he'll be confirmed. So with that that should be all the original Veterans…oh and Jigglypuff who, I'd like to joke, would probably be revealed when they finally release the Pokémon Bank.

Well, Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze is a little over a month from now (the Japanese release date is Feb. 13, 2014, and Japanese release dates get priority in terms of game release related reveals on the SSB4 site), so Diddy Kong will likely be the next revealed character.

Anyways, here's my list that may point to potential character reveals:

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3: January 21, 1994 (corresponds to Wario)

Ice Climber: January 30, 1985 (corresponds to Ice Climbers)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: February 13, 2014 (Japan release date, corresponds to Diddy Kong)

The Legend of Zelda: February 21, 1986 (corresponds to Ganon)

Star Fox (SNES): February 21, 1993 (corresponds to Falco)

Pokemon Red/Green: February 27, 1996 (corresponds to Jigglypuff/Pokemon Trainer)

Kirby's Adventure: March 23, 1993 (corresponds to Meta Knight)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: April 20, 2005 (corresponds to Ike)

Mother 3: April 20, 2006 (corresponds to Lucas)

Star Fox 64: April 27, 1997 (corresponds to Wolf)

Ball (the first Game & Watch game): April 28, 1980 (corresponds to Mr. Game & Watch)

Gyromite: August 13, 1985 (corresponds to R.O.B.)

Earthbound (Mother 2): August 27, 1994 (corresponds to Ness)

Well and there's always E3 2014, since I don't see Smash 4 being out before then. Guarantee there will be something shown there, especially a newcomer or two. Or perhaps the return of Snake.

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3: January 21, 1994 (corresponds to Wario)

Ice Climber: January 30, 1985 (corresponds to Ice Climbers)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: February 13, 2014 (Japan release date, corresponds to Diddy Kong)

The Legend of Zelda: February 21, 1986 (corresponds to Ganon)
Star Fox (SNES): February 21, 1993 (corresponds to Falco)

Pokemon Red/Green: February 27, 1996 (corresponds to Jigglypuff/Pokemon Trainer)
Kirby's Adventure: March 23, 1993 (corresponds to Meta Knight)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: April 20, 2005 (corresponds to Ike)
Mother 3: April 20, 2006 (corresponds to Lucas)

Star Fox 64: April 27, 1997 (corresponds to Wolf)

Ball (the first Game & Watch game): April 28, 1980 (corresponds to Mr. Game & Watch)
Gyromite: August 13, 1985 (corresponds to R.O.B.)
Earthbound (Mother 2): August 27, 1994 (corresponds to Ness)

I strongly doubt that Sakurai will reveal any Veterans based on these dates. Peach and Marth were revealed on dates that had nothing to do with any games they are involved in. The other veteran to not follow the pattern was Luigi, but he was for the Year of Luigi.

If that were true, then we'd never see Cap. Falcon since his first game came out in November 1990 and I'd like to think that Smash 4 would be released by October 2014. Plus he's one of the original N64 characters so he and Ness should be revealed relatively early, or long before the release date. Jigglypuff was always a questionable addition, but since she's been in three games, she'll return as well later.

Dedede? Really? What about Pokemon, Pikachu is still all by himself and I think it's safe to say that his games are more popular than Kirby's.

Joke answer: They're waiting for the Pokemon Bank to come out

Real answer: Pretty sure a game related to Kirby is coming out in Japan soon, so that might be the reason DeDeDe is here.

Maybe?

Why not Dedede? Kirby Triple Deluxe comes out tomorrow in Japan. And Game Freak might have control over when Sakurai releases information about the Pokémon stuff in Smash, so we might not see any new Pokémon information till they want us to.

Edited by Shotguner159

Dedede? Really? What about Pokemon, Pikachu is still all by himself and I think it's safe to say that his games are more popular than Kirby's.

You do know that Sakurai is the creator and director of the Kirby series, right?

Well and there's always E3 2014, since I don't see Smash 4 being out before then. Guarantee there will be something shown there, especially a newcomer or two. Or perhaps the return of Snake.

I strongly doubt that Sakurai will reveal any Veterans based on these dates. Peach and Marth were revealed on dates that had nothing to do with any games they are involved in. The other veteran to not follow the pattern was Luigi, but he was for the Year of Luigi.

If that were true, then we'd never see Cap. Falcon since his first game came out in November 1990 and I'd like to think that Smash 4 would be released by October 2014. Plus he's one of the original N64 characters so he and Ness should be revealed relatively early, or long before the release date. Jigglypuff was always a questionable addition, but since she's been in three games, she'll return as well later.

Peach was revealed on the anniversary of Mario 1 I'd say that's an important date . Luigi was also around the later release of dream team for other countries.

Get your facts straight before you continue with a theory I came up with please.

We will see all the N64 veterans and Melee survivors this is a fact. Sakurai also is going to try to put in everyone physically possible so there is a good shot we will see everyone from Brawl as well. At this point in time until time constraints are revealed. Every Veteran from Brawl is safe. My 2 cents

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

I think it's pretty obvious Sakurai is using important dates and releases to release characters. However, it's not like it's an ironclad law, of course he's not going to do it with every character, such as Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon who haven't (and don't seem to be getting) a game any time soon.

I'm almost certain when Yoshi Island 3DS is released, Yoshi will be announced.

You do know that Sakurai is the creator and director of the Kirby series, right?

Yes, I've known that for awhile. But I'd think that if he wanted to reveal characters based on his own bias, we'd have seen all the Kirby characters before anyone else.

I think it's pretty obvious Sakurai is using important dates and releases to release characters. However, it's not like it's an ironclad law, of course he's not going to do it with every character, such as Ice Climbers or Captain Falcon who haven't (and don't seem to be getting) a game any time soon.

I'm almost certain when Yoshi Island 3DS is released, Yoshi will be announced.

I agree.

Yes, I've known that for awhile. But I'd think that if he wanted to reveal characters based on his own bias, we'd have seen all the Kirby characters before anyone else.

I think its just going off of the fact that Dedede apparently plays a decent role in the new Kirby. Sakurai tries to keep his bias out of smash, Metaknight was unfortunate but other then that remember it took him 2 whole smash games to add anyone besides Kirby.

Also Gamefreak is really strict with Sakurai. Apparently they have a full say in how every Pokemon works and which ones become Pokeball mons. Sakurai almost has no say other then suggestions. This may also relate to when he is able to show them. It also depends on how finished the characters are

Edited by Jedi Fon Fabre

He mentions Triple Deluxe in his Miiverse post:
Sakurai: Pic of the day. Celebrating the launch of Kirby: Triple Deluxe in Japan, King Dedede joins the battle! Check out his evocative facial expressions on the official web site.

I could see Wario being announced on January 21, but I would not expect it as Sakurai has next to no mention of the Wario Land games in Smash Bros. I think having Rosalina, Zelda and Dedede all close together (3 weeks) has left us wanting more.

Peach was revealed on the anniversary of Mario 1 I'd say that's an important date . Luigi was also around the later release of dream team for other countries.

Get your facts straight before you continue with a theory I came up with please.

We will see all the N64 veterans and Melee survivors this is a fact. Sakurai also is going to try to put in everyone physically possible so there is a good shot we will see everyone from Brawl as well. At this point in time until time constraints are revealed. Every Veteran from Brawl is safe. My 2 cents

Well the Peach thing is true, or coincidental at best, but nonetheless I find interesting so I'll give you that. As for Luigi, only NOA got Dream Team around Luigi's release. Dream team was released a month before in Japan, Europe, and Australia. Plus Sakurai said himself that Luigi's reveal was for the Year of Luigi in his Mii-Verse reveal for him. And Marth still doesn't have any game from his series to match up with his date. So don't say that my statement is unfounded.

I'm not disproving your theory, but also a lot of the games you listed are on the same day as each other and I don't think Sakurai would just mass release confirmation of Veteran characters except for a major convention like E3. But hey, we'll see. I'm not Sakurai, and I don't know how he plans his release on info. If your theory is correct then hey, one of my favorite characters will be revealed at the end of this month.

I think its just going off of the fact that Dedede apparently plays a decent role in the new Kirby. Sakurai tries to keep his bias out of smash, Metaknight was unfortunate but other then that remember it took him 2 whole smash games to add anyone besides Kirby.

Also Gamefreak is really strict with Sakurai. Apparently they have a full say in how every Pokemon works and which ones become Pokeball mons. Sakurai almost has no say other then suggestions. This may also relate to when he is able to show them. It also depends on how finished the characters are

Oh, I see. That makes sense. I hope GameFreak lets Sakurai show us something soon though. I want to see Keldeo as playable, though due to Mewtwo's revived relevancy and how many people want him to return, it's not that likely, unfortunately... But hey, I didn't think Rosalina was all too likely either, only the most likely Mario newcomer if the franchise got one.

Well the Peach thing is true, or coincidental at best, but nonetheless I find interesting so I'll give you that. As for Luigi, only NOA got Dream Team around Luigi's release. Dream team was released a month before in Japan, Europe, and Australia. Plus Sakurai said himself that Luigi's reveal was for the Year of Luigi in his Mii-Verse reveal for him. And Marth still doesn't have any game from his series to match up with his date. So don't say that my statement is unfounded.

I'm not disproving your theory, but also a lot of the games you listed are on the same day as each other and I don't think Sakurai would just mass release confirmation of Veteran characters except for a major convention like E3. But hey, we'll see. I'm not Sakurai, and I don't know how he plans his release on info. If your theory is correct then hey, one of my favorite characters will be revealed at the end of this month.

Maybe I was a little harsh in my wording. I don't think my theory is 100% accurate. I apologize

Oh, I see. That makes sense. I hope GameFreak lets Sakurai show us something soon though. I want to see Keldeo as playable, though due to Mewtwo's revived relevancy and how many people want him to return, it's not that likely, unfortunately... But hey, I didn't think Rosalina was all too likely either, only the most likely Mario newcomer if the franchise got one.

My personal want for a new playable character from Pokémon is my personal favorite Blaziken I doubt it will happen though.

Well, Mario now has five representatives, so it's possible Pokemon can get the same. But Blaziken is definitely out of the question, it's not relevant anymore unless Hoenn remakes or something are announced.

My set of five would be: Pikachu, Jigglypuff (I'd prefer Meowth, but Jiggs has been around for a couple games so far, so...), gen 6 Pokemon Trainer, Mewtwo/Lucario (either one is fine with me, because it's unlikely that neither will appear, even though I personally dislike Mewtwo), Keldeo.

Edited by Anacybele

Maybe I was a little harsh in my wording. I don't think my theory is 100% accurate. I apologize

My personal want for a new playable character from Pokémon is my personal favorite Blaziken I doubt it will happen though.

Nah, don't worry, it's fine. I didn't take it personally. Plus I do hope that your theory is true to an extent because I want one of my mains, Ice Climbers, to be announced soon!

Pokémon could have 5 representation, but I'd like for them to add one more to Legend of Zelda representatives like Midna/Wolf Link or Tetra/Toon Zelda before they do that. At least then all 3 of Nintendo's biggest franchises would have 5 characters. However, I'd rather see a newcomer from a different franchise that hasn't been represented first before expanding on the big 3 like Little Mac or Isaac. Then again, some more expansion on the smaller less represented series would be great too such as Mona or Ashley, Palutena, and Krystal.

Edited by Naui