SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Speaking of which, since Little Mac isn't an Assist Trophy anymore and he's now playable, I just wondered what Punch-Out!! character might take Little Mac's place as Assist Trophy for SSB for 3DS / Wii U?

And also, I did saw that Game Boy Advance Virtual Consoles is going to be added in Wii U.

Edited by King Marth 64

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm…I suppose from Punch Out's cast I'd assume it'd be King Hippo or perhaps Popinski since they're pretty powerful and two of the most famous ones aside from Mike Tyson. Or Doc himself since he had his own Punch Out side game where you fight him. They could joke around and make it Glass Joe too. Personally I'd want Super Macho Man so he can release the bogus!

I wonder, will Little Mac get a Codec on his stage like Fox and Snake did?

That'd be awesome! Have a little corner side advice from Doc? Though he'd probably go on and off about chocolate
Edited by Naui

Samus is a jerk. Making fun of Mac's size.

I know right? :3

That intro was adorable though, I loved it.

Hmm…I suppose from Punch Out's cast I'd assume it'd be King Hippo or perhaps Popinski since they're pretty powerful and two of the most famous ones aside from Mike Tyson. Or Doc himself since he had his own Punch Out side game where you fight him. They could joke around and make it Glass Joe too. Personally I'd want Super Macho Man so he can release the bogus!

That'd be awesome! Have a little corner side advice from Doc? Though he'd probably go on an off about chocolate

No, no, no. They should totally do Glass Joe, have him deliver a few weak punches and then deliver a brutal uppercut to the jaw.

That'd be awesome! Have a little corner side advice from Doc? Though he'd probably go on and off about chocolate

he'd probably just steal his bike instead

That'd be awesome! Have a little corner side advice from Doc? Though he'd probably go on an off about chocolate

I don't know about Mike Tyson, but he's kinda got replaced by Mr. Dream in the later version of the NES and current Virtual Console versions and none of the two didn't appear in the Wii version. But, I am not sure about Doc, but how powerful was he in that Club Nintendo title "Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!", I did cleared the Wii version, but I haven't got the WiiWare version since it wasn't available in Club Nintendo anymore?

Edited by King Marth 64

I don't know about Mike Tyson, but he's kinda got replaced by Mr. Dream in the later version of the NES and current Virtual Console versions and none of the two didn't appear in the Wii version. But, I am not sure about Doc, but how powerful was he in that Club Nintendo title "Doc Louis's Punch-Out!!", I did cleared the Wii version, but I haven't got the WiiWare version since it wasn't available in Club Nintendo anymore?

Mr. Sandman is pretty much Mr. Dream with a different name, anyway. [/shrugs]

Mr. Sandman is pretty much Mr. Dream with a different name, anyway. [/shrugs]

No, Mr. Sandman appeared in the NES version also, I did obtained the NES Punch-Out!! from Club Nintendo since last year and I just maded to Mr. Sandman's challenge in a couple of days ago.

What about Mike Tyson as an assist trophy?

I think it might be just Mr. Dream instead or an another character, I think it might be Legal issues with the real Mike Tyson, that's my guess since they rereleased the Virtual Console title with Mr. Dream instead?

Edited by King Marth 64

COMPLETELY different may be a bit of a stretch... they're both expies of the same man...

Uhh..? No...

http://punchout.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Sandman#Punch-Out.21.21_featuring_Mr._Dream_.281987.E2.80.931990.29

http://punchout.wikia.com/wiki/Mr._Dream

Edited by King Marth 64

It's up guys!

I am loving the pictures so far! :)

This is only 1/10th Vashis true excitement for little Mac.. should have seen her on Skype :P

Little Mac is looking fun. Despite the fact that in my nearly 19 years of gaming I have yet to play a Punch Out game

This is only 1/10th Vashis true excitement for little Mac.. should have seen her on Skype :P

Little Mac is looking fun. Despite the fact that in my nearly 19 years of gaming I have yet to play a Punch Out game

Pick one up, they're incredibly fun

I'm obviously incredibly hyped for Little Mac

So far the newcomers are all interesting to me, even Wii Fit Trainer. Little Mac and Rosalina interest me the most since they both got interesting quirks. I'l probably try all of the newcomers before I go back into my established Brawl and Melee mains. All I need is R.O.B. and Ice Climbers to be confirmed and I'll be set.

Well, Wii Fit Trainer does seem kinda neat, I can agree with that. But I'm not into boxing, so that's why I've never had an interest in Punch Out.

I just want Ike and I'll be happy enough, really. I'm not sure that my wanted newcomers had a really big chance from the beginning anyway.

... I'm not sure what you're trying to show me here?

Well, Wii Fit Trainer does seem kinda neat, I can agree with that. But I'm not into boxing, so that's why I've never had an interest in Punch Out.

I just want Ike and I'll be happy enough, really. I'm not sure that my wanted newcomers had a really big chance from the beginning anyway.

I'm not into boxing either, but Punch-Out!! is good, cathartic fun.

H-Hey... I was excited okay?!

Klj0Etg.png

So....anyone wanna speculate what this means for Ridley?

awww yeah

Get Punch Out for the Wii and get ready to release the BOGUS!

Well, I did like that wrestling game we had for N64 a long time ago despite not really being into wrestling itself. But still, a bunch of other games would have higher priority for me.

awww yeah

Get Punch Out for the Wii and get ready to release the BOGUS!

I beat you to that joke already…but still I love it! Only those who played Punch Out!!! Wii would understand this. Needs more Crunch, Dude!

Yes, yes, we all know you want Ike. I'm sure he'll come back. Lucario did, so should Ike.

Edited by Naui

I beat you to that joke already…but still I love it! Only those who played Punch Out!!! Wii would understand this. Needs more Crunch, Dude!

Yes, yes, we all know you want Ike. I'm sure he'll come back. Lucario did, so should Ike.

Oh GOD, that guy. He was amazing. Great theme too.

You know who I would really like to see as an Assist Trophy for Punch Out!!!?

Aran Ryan.

Bring on the horseshoes and hax.

Just because Lucario came back doesn't mean Ike will. Pokemon is way more popular (sadly. I don't find the series anywhere near as enjoyable as FE), so more fans would be disappointed to see Lucario go than Ike.

But yeah, I should shut up. I'm tired of mentioning him in here. I need to find something else to talk about. xP