SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

BTW, the 3DS version of the Boxing Ring can be seen in one of Little Mac's screenshots in the official site. Since Punch-Out was never on a handheld, I guess this proves that the "Only stages from Consoles/Handhelds in the Wii U/3DS version" rule is not as strict as some people thought it would be.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, it probably isn't so strict then. But this might only apply to series that only have games on one type of console. Like only on handhelds or only on home consoles.

BTW, the 3DS version of the Boxing Ring can be seen in one of Little Mac's screenshots in the official site. Since Punch-Out was never on a handheld, I guess this proves that the "Only stages from Consoles/Handhelds in the Wii U/3DS version" rule is not as strict as some people thought it would be.

If you look at the floor of the boxing ring in earlier screenshots, you'll see the Smash Bros. symbol, and not the WVBA logo. Thus, the boxing arena stage isn't necessarily from the Punch Out!! series.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

So we have a completely ground based fighter in smash. Should be interesting, reminds me how in like Final Fantasy Dissidia Firion from ff2 was the ground combat expert but he still had some options in the air. Same with Cecil in his dark knight form. (Zidane vs Firion is always a funny match up to watch because one is trying to force the other to the sky and the other to the ground)

I know smash is nothing like Dissidia at all but it just reminded me. So I do wonder if Mac is nearly helpless in the air or if he at least has something to help in the sky. Granted he is so powerful on land this may prove to have been a good choice in weakness

Edited by Jedisupersorry

I'm thinking he'll be like Snake was, in that he wasn't completely helpless, but hates being in the air.

Snake still had some good options in the air but you are right, I still somehow see Mac being weaker in da air then that. But we shall see,

Also Macs meter, since it relates to his neutral B does anyone think Kirby will get the meter when he has Macs power? Or will it act differently like Kirbycario had a set Aura Sphere and Kirbymar just threw Pikmin

whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat? i was just watching nintendo direct when i noticed it was mac!

i dont recall people wanting Little Mac for Super Smash bros but i heard a bunch wanting him for SSF2.

..very well.

i dont recall people wanting Little Mac for Super Smash bros but i heard a bunch wanting him for SSF2.

He was a pretty common request/prediction on Smashboards, especially after the E3 "leak."

Wait, the Palutena pic wasn't the only "leak" that happened? o.O

Yup.

The E3 "leak" was a NeoGaf poster who predicted that Megaman, Villager(though he used a different name), Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis would be revealed at E3. After Miss Fit's reveal, he posted on another site claiming that he got the info through a leak, but didn't want to tell people that(or something, IDK). Anyway, it's led to a lot of people predicting the "Leaky 3"(god I hate that name), the three characters he "predicted" that weren't revealed at E3.

Edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-newcomers-were-leaked-along-little-mac-pac-man-and-the-miis.337304/

Edited by shinpichu

Ah, I see. I looked through those rumors/leaks, and just as I figured, some are saying Ike will be gone and others are saying he'll stay. Man, are people divided on him and that's what worries me.

Also, I noticed that that post needs updating, as I saw a few items on the list that were confirmed, but not put in green font, like Toad remaining a move for Peach.

Yup.

The E3 "leak" was a NeoGaf poster who predicted that Megaman, Villager(though he used a different name), Wii Fit Trainer, Little Mac, Pac-Man, and Miis would be revealed at E3. After Miss Fit's reveal, he posted on another site claiming that he got the info through a leak, but didn't want to tell people that(or something, IDK). Anyway, it's led to a lot of people predicting the "Leaky 3"(god I hate that name), the three characters he "predicted" that weren't revealed at E3.

Edit: http://smashboards.com/threads/all-newcomers-were-leaked-along-little-mac-pac-man-and-the-miis.337304/

You mean him predicted and was correct with Megaman,Villager,Wii Fit Trainer,Little Mac? (that edit link gives me a forum error) if him didn't predict but leaked then it means Pac-Man will be the next reveal? miis too?

Also

wasn't that Boxing ring stage that first appeared in the first trailer little mac's stage all this long?

I'm pretty sure he can fight in midair, just not very well.

I said that afterwards didn't I? I meant it was more unique in the fact that Little Macs strength is being fully situated on the ground.

There was some article I read, saying Ike, Lucario, and Toon Link would be cut, with Toon Link being a guaranteed cut.

GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! If this trend continues...my main will return!

There have been articles saying that Marth, Ganondorf, Falco and Mr. Game and Watch are getting cut.

so saying that Ike is getting cut isn't that strange for article standards.

There have been articles saying that Marth, Ganondorf, Falco and Mr. Game and Watch are getting cut.

so saying that Ike is getting cut isn't that strange for article standards.

Some people just don't have anything better to do then think of the most bs articles they can