SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Crossing my fingers for a badass reveal. Or more on the Palutena temple stage, I wonder if the Lightning Chariot will make a cameo

e39a1241fd6b65c547383a1d63b5e0e1.png

"Pic of the day. Luigi might be thinking, "Who would've thought I'd get to show off the Poltergust in Super Smash Bros.?!" Wondering if it's going to suck something in? Yeah, it probably will."

Looks like Luigi is sportin' a new final smash.

In the end... no characters for March, but over 80% of the pictures showed us some new material, so it isn't a total loss in my book.

Edited by Harmonie

Dude I love that Luigi's packin' the ol' Poltergust this time around. If not a Down-Special to parallel the Fludd, this is about as good as I could have asked for. As hilarious and silly as Weegie's old FS was, I see this as an improvement.

EDIT: BTW does Japan even HAVE April Fool's Day? :0

Edited by BANRYU

What. D: I hope you're being sarcastic.

No, I'm totally, 100%, positively, absolutely super serious. This update really SUCKS, man.

:p

Edited by shinpichu

To be honest, Negative Zone was very unique and I don't see Poltergeist replacing that uniqueness. With that said, of course the Poltergeist fits Luigi more as it's actually something relating to his own game series and thus support the change.

You know, now that I think about it, I never did understand what negative zone was supposed to reference. Always looked a bit weird, out of place, and unexplained to me. I'm glad he has Poltergust now, makes a lot more sense and fits him better!

You know, now that I think about it, I never did understand what negative zone was supposed to reference. Always looked a bit weird, out of place, and unexplained to me. I'm glad he has Poltergust now, makes a lot more sense and fits him better!

It was a manifestation of his inner darkness at always being second banana to Mario, or that's what its trophy says anyways.

I might be talking out of my backside here, but I think the Negative Zone's trophy states that it's a build-up of all the negative energy Luigi has felt due to being Mario's shadow; being outclassed and outperformed by his older sibling

Ninja'd

Edited by DodgeDusk

Yeah, what they said. But I guess because of the ending of Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon, some of that inner darkness has faded, rendering Negative Zone unusable now. :P

At the end of the game, Mario actually praises Luigi for once and thanks him, even saying he's number 1! ^^

EDIT: Also, I think I FINALLY got what shinpichu was trying to do before. He WAS being serious, in a sense, because of the pun on the word "sucks" xP I've heard this one before too, how did I not get it for so long?!

Edited by Anacybele

Not that it isn't good or anything, but the concept of Luigi final smash in Brawl is really dumb.

So no character releases while I was away? Dissapointing. For some reason I thought this game was supposed to come out this spring, oh well I have Diablo 3 for now.

I disagree, Negative Zone is amazing! I liked it even more when I read the trophy information. I think a power deriving from poor Luigi's inner darkness and jealousy is really interesting and just genius. He has been stated to not like playing second fiddle to Mario, so it makes a lot of sense, imo. And Fire Jump Punching everyone to death while the Negative Zone messes them up is just FUN!

But I have to admit, the Poltergust 5000 makes even more sense, so I'm not disappointed or anything. :)

Edited by Anacybele

I originally thought the Negative Zone was some obscure way to reference the Minus World Glitch in the original Mario Bros but as I stated its that manifestation. Its nice its actually something Luigi is known to use etc

Then again its nice to not have everything smash characters do be from the source material considering without Smash the Falcon Punch wouldn't exist among other things.

I always felt the Negative Zone Final Smash for Luigi was a bit too out there and not true to Luigi's character, even with the explanation of it being "This technique is a reflection of the dark side he embraced in his brother's shadow." I mean, that description alone makes it sound like Luigi is satanic and demonic and would eventually pull a Kain Highwind on Mario because of his jealousy, when Luigi would never do that canonically in the Mario universe. Even with his jealousy, Luigi would never let his jealousy do something that dark.

Anyways, even if it is less unique (and even if I also enjoyed Flaming Jump Punching people trapped in the Negative Zone), I like the Poltergust FInal Smash better since he actually uses it in his own games and it doesn't make Luigi look much more evil than he actually is.

Is Groose confirmed yet?

Edit: Weren't the three sacred treasure destroyed in uprising?

And that matters.. because..? By that logic Ganondorf would be trapped by the sages and TP Zelda wouldent be able to become Shiek.

The two Links existing at the same time would be impossible, Olimar would only be two meters tall etc etc etc etc

This is smash brothers! Logical series canon is ignored for rule of cool

And that matters.. because..? By that logic Ganondorf would be trapped by the sages and TP Zelda wouldent be able to become Shiek.

The two Links existing at the same time would be impossible, Olimar would only be two meters tall etc etc etc etc

This is smash brothers! Logical series canon is ignored for rule of cool

The laws of the universe are meaningless for an epic melee... or brawl.

The laws of the universe are meaningless for an epic melee... or brawl.

Indeed especially considering the tone of the series is that the characters are toys of an owner (represented by Master Hand) to later trophies who can come alive based on our familiar Nintendo characters