SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would you want that horrible mechanic to come back.

I can see hoping for shorted landing lag in general, but really manual L-Cancel is kinda a pointless mechanic IMO.

It's not a horrible mechanic...L cancel added depth just by existing. There are ways to vary the timing of the L cancel depending on how your attack hits the opponent's shield (if its angled up or if you have a lightshield, your L cancel timing can be off). It made aerials have less lag, leading to safer aggresive openings, which Brawl severely lacked. You could argue that manual L cancel isnt neccesary, but I definetely disagree. It also added a skill barrier that only took a few days to overcome for the dedicated.

If not L cancel, which is unlikely, I want proper hitstun back. Otherwise it'll be gay Brawl 2.0 with everyone camping all day long.

Edited by PKL

I'd like the hit stun back too. I've been playing Melee again, Link being my new main in it. His moves flow so well here compared to Brawl.

I've also semi got Wave dashing down.. just not effectively

He's one of those tourney people...

I have casual friends that legitimately hate Brawl. In fact, if it were from real life experiences, I'd say casuals hate Brawl more than those "tourney people" like you call them. "Metaknight this, metaknight that, brawl sucks, omg it has no L cancel, omg so campy screw this game" are common complaints not just from "tourney people".

Brawl also has way too many air dodges, only being at one tourney myself but from Melee to Brawl. Your defensive options were risks in Melee. In brawl they are way too safe to add another common complaint from not just tourney players.

I consider myself the inbetween I like casual smash and I like competitive smash. You can't just sum all players into two camps.

Heck I remember item controversy in early melee in the states for tourneys East Coast smashers didn't like items, west coasters did. They fought about until it was agreed items were too random for tourney play but no shots were fired at those who liked items. Heck some house rule tourneys use em. And of course fun chaos 4 person ffas still exist

Edited by Jedisupersorry

OMG a Direct JUST FOR SSB4?! HYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Hoping for Palutena, Chrom/Lucina, Krystal, Isaac, and Lloyd/someone from Tales!

I'm too groggy to figure it out right now; does anyone know when it'll be showing EST??? Have to tell my brother about this!

Edited by Silver Lightning

And a few tourney people (me included) can still enjoy smash a lot with items on with a lot of friends just whacking each other sometimes. :P I played like that the other day with 2 fellow competitors and we couldnt stop for like 2 hours! Strangely, Im pretty bad when playing with items on since I lost the most out of the 3 with items, but won 90% of brawl matches with items off.

@ Jedi- yeah, thats mentioned in the documentary IIRC. Ken's coast had items for the longest time and then random stuff started to happen and slowly they started turning off the items.

Anyway, how much til the Direct?

Edited by PKL

OMG a Direct JUST FOR SSB4?! HYYYYYPPPPEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!

Hoping for Palutena, Chrom/Lucina, Krystal, Isaac, and Lloyd/someone from Tales!

I'm too groggy to figure it out right now; does anyone know when it'll be showing EST??? Have to tell my brother about this!

6 PM iirc.

You're just now finding out about this, SL? lol the announcement was posted last week.

Personally, I'd rather have the Avatar over Chrom and Lucina. I don't like the latter two, and Avatar would at least have a little more uniqueness because magic. But I want Ike's return more than anything, so as long as he stays, I'm good. ^^

Edited by Anacybele

You're just now finding out about this, SL? lol the announcement was posted last week.

Personally, I'd rather have the Avatar over Chrom and Lucina. I don't like the latter two, and Avatar would at least have some uniqueness because magic. But I want Ike's return more than anything, so as long as he stays, I'm good. ^^

Been very busy with an anime convention and pokemon tournament preparations all last week and this past weekend, so its only been recently that I've been able to check on this thread. :P

I suppose I wouldn't really mind it at all if Avatar made it in; I just don't expect them nearly as much as either of the other two. I really wouldn't worry about Ike IMO.

Right now I'm mostly worried about a few others....

Personally, I'd rather have the Avatar over Chrom and Lucina. I don't like the latter two, and Avatar would at least have a little more uniqueness because magic. But I want Ike's return more than anything, so as long as he stays, I'm good. ^^

I personally would prefer Lucina over the other 2. And it might end up happening because Super Bash Sisters!

Yeah, I hope we don't hear that either. >_<

Been very busy with an anime convention and pokemon tournament preparations all last week and this past weekend, so its only been recently that I've been able to check on this thread. :P

I suppose I wouldn't really mind it at all if Avatar made it in; I just don't expect them nearly as much as either of the other two. I really wouldn't worry about Ike IMO.

Right now I'm mostly worried about a few others....

Ah, I see. lol

I think Chrom and Avatar both have a good chance, but imo, Lucina is a long shot. She's popular, but she's not the main character of Awakening, she's based on Marth, and she's another blue-haired sword user, which we already have two of. Chrom has the third one as well, though he actually IS the main character of the game and the game was successful and got a stage in 3DS SSB. But Avatar can be called a main character of the game too, in a sense, so all that applies to Chrom also applies to Avatar, except for the blue hair thing. The default Avatar has white hair.

I expect either Chrom or Avatar or both as playable, with Lucina as an assist or Marth palette swap.

As for Ike, there are still people saying he might get cut or he will get cut, unfortunately...

EDIT: Wait, I thought this direct was Smash Bros. only. Why are Mario Kart, Mario Golf, and something else pictured there?

Edited by Anacybele

EDIT: Wait, I thought this direct was Smash Bros. only. Why are Mario Kart, Mario Golf, and something else pictured there?

That's for a nintendo direct in february

I'm not as hyped for SSM4 as I was with Brawl for some reasons :(

Still gonna watch it at 6PM(if my eating schedule and internet cooperate xp)

I'm way hyped about Monolith's X and can't wait for more news about it though >_<

I expect either Chrom or Avatar or both as playable, with Lucina as an assist or Marth palette swap.

i'm pretty sure sakurai said he wouldn't do palette swaps for other characters