SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Less than two hours.....

Reggie for smash!

I don't know where it is, but I remember an interview where Reggie said that he wanted to be in smash.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have casual friends that legitimately hate Brawl. In fact, if it were from real life experiences, I'd say casuals hate Brawl more than those "tourney people" like you call them. "Metaknight this, metaknight that, brawl sucks, omg it has no L cancel, omg so campy screw this game" are common complaints not just from "tourney people".

You have an interesting selection of casual people who know about L-canceling because most people who play don't have a clue what it is. If people dislike Brawl that aren't too focused on competitive scene it's generally because of the slower pace and sometimes Meta Knight, one of which has the fairly simple solution of agreeing not to use Meta Knight among friends, and pacing is purely a matter of opinion anyway.

i'm pretty sure sakurai said he wouldn't do palette swaps for other characters

Where was this stated? But no matter, Lucina will probably be an assist then if this is the case.

Also, shouldn't Miyamoto be holding yen in that pic? lol

Edited by Anacybele

Anyone remember last year's E3 when a news reporter posted on NeoGAF that "Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Mega Man" were in Smash Bros? He also had Little Mac (confirmed now, but not at E3), Mii and Pac-Man on that list.

He's struck again with more info; Shulk (Xenoblade), Palutena (Kid Icarus), the Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven), Chrom (Fire Emblem) and a Pokemon from X/Y are in the game. Given that it's the same guy, I think it's credible enough for new info but we'll obviously find out in a bit more than an hour how legit this is.

Link: http://gematsu.com/2014/04/rumor-shulk-palutena-set-super-smash-bros

Edited by Harmonie

Anyone remember last year's E3 when a news reporter posted on NeoGAF that "Wii Fit Trainer, Villager and Mega Man" were in Smash Bros? He also had Little Mac (confirmed now, but not at E3), Mii and Pac-Man on that list.

He's struck again with more info; Shulk (Xenoblade), Palutena (Kid Icarus), the Chorus Men (Rhythm Heaven), Chrom (Fire Emblem) and a Pokemon from X/Y are in the game. Given that it's the same guy, I think it's credible enough for new info but we'll obviously find out in a bit more than an hour how legit this is.

Credibility is subjective for now. Given that he made no mention of Rosalina who was confirmed before Little Mac. Also Little Mac's prediction/leak was something that was pretty well spread. There are almost no prediction lists that I can think of that didn't have him on it.

I personally hope that the Mii and Pac-man aren't in the game >_>(they would feel out of place IMO, but that may just be me)

Shulk would be nice though

Well, if an X/Y Pokemon is in, I hope it's Sylveon. :D

I also hope that there's no Mii or Pacman. Mii wouldn't make sense, imo, and Pacman isn't even Nintendo. He's an arcade game character.

Edited by Anacybele

Well, following from his tack record last time, I guess that only 3 of those guys will be getting in

Brace yourselves for butthurt

Oh yeah, I just remembered, whatever X/Y Pokemon it is, if there's going to be one playable, we know it can't be Xerneas or Dedenne because both were revealed to be Pokeball mons.

I think the most likely candidates are:

- Sylveon (because it was heavily promoted)

- Goodra (pseudo-legendary)

- Greninja (popularity, though I personally hope it isn't this one because I think it's ugly. Also, we've seen playable starters before because Red)

Mewtwo isn't a gen 6 Pokemon. :/ And it would probably get its mega evolutions as a Final Smash.

EDIT: Also, LESS THAN AN HOUR!!

Edited by Anacybele

Hype-Train-TRAVIS-1.pngLess than two hours.....

the hype train will burn as it should

Oh yeah, I just remembered, whatever X/Y Pokemon it is, if there's going to be one playable, we know it can't be Xerneas or Dedenne because both were revealed to be Pokeball mons.

I think the most likely candidates are:

- Sylveon (because it was heavily promoted)

- Goodra (pseudo-legendary)

- Greninja (popularity, though I personally hope it isn't this one because I think it's ugly. Also, we've seen playable starters before because Red)

people actually considered one of these? it's probably mewtwo, if anybody, that will somehow represent x/y if it does get representation.

Edited by Comet

I don't ever really remember Pac-man being a big part of Nintendo : /

Youtube streams don't lag as badly as the Nintendo.com ones do, so here is a link to the youtube stream:

40 minutes long hype!

people actually considered one of these? it's probably mewtwo, if anybody, that will somehow represent x/y if it does get representation.

Note, it said X/Y Pokemon. As in GEN 6. I can't believe I'm repeating myself. Mewtwo is gen ONE.

But holy jeebus, now it's FORTY minutes? Hell YEAH. :D

Edited by Anacybele

I don't ever really remember Pac-man being a big part of Nintendo : /

Neither is Sonic really. I mean he is/was Nintendo's biggest rival's mascot. Pac-Man, and Lloyd for that matter, is considered mostly because of Namco's involvement

Sonic's games are on Nintendo consoles only these days though. I've yet to see Pacman on one.

There's a few on each one. There's the new one for the TV Show for the 3DS

Sonic's games are on Nintendo consoles only these days though. I've yet to see Pacman on one.

Sonic Generations certainly wasn't on a Nintendo console. You are right a lot of Sonic games are on Nintendo consoles these days but not all of them. That's how the 3rd party thing rolls though