SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So has anyone else here played Kirby Air Ride. City Trial was honestly my favourite part of that game, I think it'll be cool to see how that works into Smash.

I have. I miss it now.

And same here. I remember all the hours I spent playing in City Trial, especially after I got the legendary vehicles; flying with Dragoon was so much fun!

What do you mean by that? And for who?

I think he means how Counter is everywhere in this game. In Brawl, three character had the landmaster, here Marth, Lucario, Little Mac and Greninja seems to have a counter of some sort(and if Ike comes back that's another counter user).

And the Greninja substitute really reminds me of all the Naruto games.

So has anyone else here played Kirby Air Ride. City Trial was honestly my favourite part of that game, I think it'll be cool to see how that works into Smash.

I have. I miss it now.

And same here. I remember all the hours I spent playing in City Trial, especially after I got the legendary vehicles; flying with Dragoon was so much fun!

You two are awesome.

I think he means how Counter is everywhere in this game. In Brawl, three character had the landmaster, here Marth, Lucario, Little Mac and Greninja seems to have a counter of some sort(and if Ike comes back that's another counter user).

What about charged attacks? Samus, Lucario, and Wii Fit Trainer have them.

Substitute…a technique so useful, even Sakurai uses it to avoid fan outcry and rage:

ScreenShot2014-04-08at41239PM_zps846bd5e

Yeah this is what I meant

was mostly joking though. ;)

So...I thought I'd collect some of my thoughts on the Smash Direct
[spoiler=The Good]-Greninja looks super fun. Legit did not see him/her/it coming. Nice little foreshadowing with the substitute earlier in the trailer!

-That Sheik reveal was hilarious. Who would've thought that the Sheik supporters and detractors would both be right?

-You might not know this, but Electric Man is my favourite character in MS Paint Masterpieces, so I'm super excited to see him here. That said...well, we'll get to that later.

-Dat Yoshi.

-That Balloon Fight stage looks super neat. I may need to watch it again, but the edges are wraparound, right? Sakurai may have just created a stage that solved the problem of walkoff camping.

-Nice to see that Sakurai is at least trying to reach out to the competitive community with the "For Glory" mode. Though I have my reservations about it, especially the FD clones.

-That 3DS Adenture-mode esque thing looks tight. Plus it's cool to see that the Kremlings aren't forgotten by everyone just yet. inb4 K. Rool confirmed.

[spoiler=The Bad]That Ridley tease.... :(

Also, sad to see Samurai Goroh and Saki confirmed. Though those were always longshots for me anyway.

I notciced a few notable figures missing from Megaman's Final Smash....I can see why Zero was excluded, but why Vent/Aile and Grey/Ashe aren't there is beyond me.

I don't really like that the way Sakurai seems to be going about making more "competitive" stages is by turning most stages into FD clones. I'm all for getting some more balanced stages, but could we get some variety? At least put a few platforms here and there. I worry that this will just add to the "No Items, FD only" perception that the competitive Smash scene gets from some casuals.

[spoiler=The Ugly(aka weird stuff)]-As much as I love Elec(tric) Man, he seems like a bit of an odd choice for an AT. Why not Bass or Proto Man, or even Zero? This combined with Sakurai saying he wanted to include as many ATs as possible makes me wonder if maybe we'll get more than one AT per third party franchise.

-That Ridley tease, as depressing as it is to see him not playable, is a bit odd. Why just show us the silhouette? Why not just show him outright? It makes me hope that Sakurai will find a way to make Ridley playable...

-No Snake? Hm...

-I guess counter is the new Landmaster. :p

Edited by shinpichu

So as of this direct, for the Veterans (in terms of those who were in Brawl) we're missing the following

64: Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, and Ness

Melee: Falco, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, and Mr. Game & Watch

Brawl: Meta Knight, Wario, Ike, Snake, Lucas, Pokémon Trainer*, R.O.B., and Wolf.

*I'm not sure if to say if Charizard has confirmed that he Pokémon Trainer no longer will be back, but it won't be the same 3 for sure.

I don't think Pokemon Trainer is returning. Sakurai said that form changes will no longer exist, and Red switching Pokemon works the same. So I think it's safe to assume that he's been cut.

I think Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness, Falco, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Wario, Lucas, Meta Knight, and Wolf are guaranteed to stay.

So that leaves Ike, ROB, Snake, and Game & Watch as the only veterans fans should worry about. I still think there's no reason to cut Ike, but as I said before, I'm starting to lose hope...

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think Pokemon Trainer is returning. Sakurai said that form changes will no longer exist, and Red switching Pokemon works the same. So I think it's safe to assume that he's been cut.

I think Captain Falcon, Jigglypuff, Ness, Falco, Ganondorf, Ice Climbers, Wario, Lucas, Meta Knight, and Wolf are guaranteed to stay.

So that leaves Ike, ROB, Snake, and Game & Watch as the only veterans fans should worry about. I still think there's no reason to cut Ike, but as I said before, I'm starting to lose hope...

Don't forget Jiggly-Puff. I also think that one Mother character may be cut.

Game and Watch may not be the best or most popular in Brawl or Melee, but given that he's been in two games I find it hard to believe that Sakurai would cut him. But yeah, Rob, Snake, and Ike are certainly in the fog. Wolf is too.

Of those, only Ike Snake and Lucas are in a tough spot. ROB is going nowhere. Game and Watch probably wont either.

@ shinpichu- yeah, I wish every stage was a clone of Smashville instead. Now THAT's a true neutral stage <3

@ shinpichu- yeah, I wish every stage was a clone of Smashville instead. Now THAT's a true neutral stage <3

I'd rather have them all have different layouts, but w/e

Of those, only Ike Snake and Lucas are in a tough spot. ROB is going nowhere. Game and Watch probably wont either.

oh gods i love smashville. what happens if i ask for pichu it's nice to see sakurai reaching out to the competitive community, but making fd clones doesn't help much. hacking in skins was going to eventually happen anyway

No way in hell Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. will be cut. They may not be the most popular, but they represent a very important part of Nintendo history.

I like Megazard Y more, but I admit that Megazard X is a better fit for a fighting game.

Honestly, I can't see what the difference would be except cosmetically?

But Strider's a Ninja and so is Greninja.

! You may be onto something...

No way in hell Mr. Game & Watch and R.O.B. will be cut. They may not be the most popular, but they represent a very important part of Nintendo history.

Yeah, and so did love hotels. What's your point?

Er, to be less aggressive, I'm only referring to R.O.B. here. I think Mr. Game & Watch references an entire era of games in a way no other character can do. R.O.B. does not do that. Yes, he was the gateway drug for Nintendo in the US, but in and of himself he doesn't represent anything that any other icon from that era doesn't. Really, what does R.O.B. add that Mario, Link, Samus, and the Ice Climbers don't?

EDIT I don't think either will get cut, but at this point I don't think anyone will be cut. So my two cents on the matter which may or may not turn out to be counterfeit.

Edited by Refa