SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I see no reason as to why that would happen. That's like adding Werehog Sonic. Plus, that would make Link a transforming character, which they're not doing anymore

Edited by The Chosen One

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I see no reason as to why that would happen. That's like adding Werehog Sonic. Plus, that would make Link a transforming character, which they're not doing anymore

*Chuckle*

I always thought that his transformation was neat...but I don't think that it is popular enough to allow it into the game battles. Make that information trophy at least.

Edited by Barbie

I know Uprising exists. I don't play the series, so I wouldn't have known which game Palutena's Temple is from.

Also, there was absolutely no need to mock one of my earlier posts.

You repeated something I said earlier about transformations. And Barbie chuckling at it raised a red flag.

I don't think they were laughing off the idea entirely, more that they were laughing at the idea of Sonic the Werehog...

Not everything is version exclusive. As far as we know, the only thing has been confirmed version exclusive is stages, music, MAYBE trophies, and Smash Run

Sakurai DID mention something oddly cryptic in one of his Miiverse posts that the WiiU and 3DS versions having 'not completely the same' assist trophies or something like that. There IS room to ask questions about why a character is/isn't in both versions, I think. (though it's nice that Midna is in both~)

The same reason Palutenas temple isn't on the 3DS instead of the Wii U

Sakurai wills it

Actually, I suspect this has something to do with each franchise getting stages in both versions of the game. :0 Even though Kid Icarus is DS-only in recent years, the franchise is still getting representation on both versions of the game, as I imagine they all will. (IE, F-zero has never been on handhelds to my knowledge, but the 3DS version will probably get an F-zero stage anyway, etc.)

Actually, I suspect this has something to do with each franchise getting stages in both versions of the game. :0 Even though Kid Icarus is DS-only in recent years, the franchise is still getting representation on both versions of the game, as I imagine they all will. (IE, F-zero has never been on handhelds to my knowledge, but the 3DS version will probably get an F-zero stage anyway, etc.)

F-Zero actually has seen incarnations on the GBA. The main games of the series, however, were on console.

Although games seeing certain stages based on which system does make a bit of sense. Like how Arena Ferox is a 3DS map. If that was the case though, what Fire Emblem map would be on the WiiU version? Castle Siege? A new map from Radiant Dawn? And on the topic, which FE was Castle Siege supposed to be from? Radiant Dawn with Castle Crimea? Archanea? It seemed like a generic representation for the series, and I think many fans would prefer a recognizable setting than a generic stage to represent an entire franchise.

You repeated something I said earlier about transformations. And Barbie chuckling at it raised a red flag.

And what does that have to do with you? I wasn't talking to or about you in that post, nor was or would I even try to make fun of anyone here. The idea of my post is having something like Wolf Link is similar to Werehog Sonic, which would require a drastic change in said character's moveset and playstyle, where it couldn't be counted as the same character, which in other words, is a transformation, which is confirmed to not be a thing anymore.

Whatever it is that you said before had no relevance to what I was saying, so I still don't see any mocking done by me. Twas only saying what I believe is known and understood. Even so, if I did, my apologies

Sakurai DID mention something oddly cryptic in one of his Miiverse posts that the WiiU and 3DS versions having 'not completely the same' assist trophies or something like that. There IS room to ask questions about why a character is/isn't in both versions, I think. (though it's nice that Midna is in both~)

He did? Must have missed that, not that it matters to me that much.

F-Zero actually has seen incarnations on the GBA. The main games of the series, however, were on console.

Although games seeing certain stages based on which system does make a bit of sense. Like how Arena Ferox is a 3DS map. If that was the case though, what Fire Emblem map would be on the WiiU version? Castle Siege? A new map from Radiant Dawn? And on the topic, which FE was Castle Siege supposed to be from? Radiant Dawn with Castle Crimea? Archanea? It seemed like a generic representation for the series, and I think many fans would prefer a recognizable setting than a generic stage to represent an entire franchise.

Yeah, I just remembered the one based on the anime with Rick Wheelywhatsisface or whatever.

For the record I liked Castle Siege, and I don't think fans of the series who don't follow Fire Emblem really cared about which game it was from (I'm assuming generic / Crima). However, I agree that it WOULD be nice to get a specific representation.

I sure hope that Kirby gets a new stage, since all we've seen is the rehashed Halberd so far. >.> We get it, Sakuray. Kirby Super Star was the glory days (it's overrated IMO). Give us a Lor Starcutter stage or somethin' tho, huh?

He did? Must have missed that, not that it matters to me that much.

Yeah, this was the one. 'The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Just roughly...' Sakurai, you cryptic motheryucker

Edited by BANRYU

Whoa, chill out people, I wasn't THAT upset. Sheesh, sorry...

As for the topic, I thought I recalled Sakurai saying that the trophy collection would differ between both versions.

Yeah, this was the one. 'The 3DS version will have roughly the same types of Assist Trophies and Pokemon. Just roughly...' Sakurai, you cryptic motheryucker

Sakurai.

SAKU-RAI

策 来(Yeah I know that's not his kanji)

Plan-Future

He has plans for the future.

ALL ACCORDING TO KEIKAKU.

Why isn't Midna exclusive to the Wii U version? She's from a Wii/GC game.

Why isn't Lyn exclusive to the 3DS version? She's from a GBA game.

Yeah, I think whether something was released on console or handheld actually matters way less than Sakurai was implying whenever he made that comment.

I could be wrong, but wasn't Midna shown to be an assist in both versions of the game? If so, I'm not sure why it matters if she shows up on the 3DS version ~o3o~

That's a good question too, actually.

Your sarcasm detector needs some work...

i'd just roll with it.

^Just do what he said.

You're making a freaking big deal about everything.

See my above post, SOC. :/

You say that and feel like you're taking it in stride, but you can simply look at the posts you made in the last page.

PJNCehm.gif

Let's see if you'll roll with this one. vnMJP6C.gif

And as a note for all of you smash scrubs, rolling is PREDICTABO.

...I'm wondering about the music.

Like the arrangements for older games like they did for Roy's Winning Road in Brawl.

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm wondering about the music too, ESPECIALLY since the 3DS version is only getting two tracks per stage... which ones would they pick?

I have a feeling the remixes or arrangements of the series' more well-known songs have a better shot of getting into the 3DS version, and they'll save the more obscure pieces for the Wii U.

Edited by Vashiane

If you get offended over something as trivial as someone chuckling, you have a hard life ahead of you.

Wat? -.-

I don't think they were laughing off the idea entirely, more that they were laughing at the idea of Sonic the Werehog...

Exactly.

Certainly something that isn't on a handheld.

-----

*Geez. Don't remember very well. Where's my memory today?*

*Brushes hair back away from face*

Midna's trophy is only going to be on the Wii-U? Because the 3DS is handheld and Midna hasn't been on a handheld console?

Edited by Barbie