SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

The music and remixes are definitely one of my favorite aspects of the recent Smash Bros games. I've enjoyed the remixes we've heard so far, like Sparkman's stage, the pokemon XY battle theme, and the Punch-Out jogging theme. Can't wait to hear more~

Certainly something that isn't on a handheld.

I just want to point out that this basically doesn't matter at all in light of Kid Icarus stages being on the WiiU version, and (one of) the 3DS Zelda stages being from a console game in all incarnations but its most recent. Ocarina of Time was on N64 and then on GCN twice in Master Quest and the Zelda anniversary collection before Ocarina HD was made, so it's pretty solidly a console stage regardless of loopholes.

Also we've seen the Kalos Pokemon League as a stage in the WiiU version as well during the Greninja trailer.

I think it basically doesn't matter if a franchise doesn't have (recent?) releases on both console and handheld. Seems to apply more to series like Mario (and... I actually can't think of any others lol since Zelda has kindasortanotquite broken the rule).

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm wondering about the music too, ESPECIALLY since the 3DS version is only getting two tracks per stage... which ones would they pick?

That's the only thing that bothered me while watching the direct.

I'm not too familiar with the technical details. But are they actually at risk of reaching the maximum capacity of a 3DS game? Will a few songs make that much difference?

Well, I guess concerning Fire Emblem, we can count on having at least either Id (Purpose) or Don't speak her name!.

I just checked the site and saw this as well. The quote is up for me:

Tether recovery? Yes, you can! And from even longer range than before. Multiple fighters can latch on--who actually grabs hold is determined by the same rules as the standard ledge grab.

So this is pretty cool. It's nice to know that tether recoveries aren't a complete thing of the past, and the new mechanics that allow multiple tethers but only one grabber seem interesting.

Nice to be getting some new information again, even if it's not much.

Edited by BANRYU

With the stages from handhelds on the Wii U version, here's how it is:

Kalos Pokemon League: What else would they put in there, an arena from Orre or Battle Revolution? No, those were obscure games, and X and Y are recent.

Palutena's Temple: Technically was in the first Kid Icarus for the NES, also it'd probably be too big for the 3DS version.

Fire Emblem: It's got a good chance of still being Castle Seige, or something from Tellius, considering that those are the only worldwide Fire Emblems for consoles.

Anything I missed?

Smash Bros U demo will be playable at US Bestbuys and other events are going to happen during E3. There will be a livestream tournament from 16 smash bros players competing each other during E3.

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/04/29/nintendo-confirms-e3-2014-plans-will-host-a-digital-event-on-june-10/

Edited by kingddd

So I heard that they're going to have a Smash Tournament at E3 as well as you'll be able to play Smash at Best Buy locations across North America

The treehouse stream looks cool too.

I think any "new" characters in the demo will be revealed at E3.

Yep most likely. I'm not expecting too many new characters though

I'm so psyched for the Best Buy Smash E3 event. I went to the Best Buy E3 event last year and it was really fun not only for the games, but to be with people who were also looking forward to them. I just hope Microsoft employees won't be there again to try to divert people away from Nintendo and to Microsoft.

Of the characters revealed so far, I'll probably be trying out Mario first, then Luigi, Marth, and Rosalina in that order (if the latter three are available at the demo station). As much as the newcomers are the main appeal of new fighting games, I can't help but stay loyal to the veterans that I main and put them first. Maybe I can bring my younger siblings and have them take up line slots and join in their Smash matches so I can get a lot of Smash matches in, heh heh heh...

I'll prob get an invite. I sure hope so. If I end up being invited, I'll obviously try out my brawl mains first. Prob sheik and villager too out of curiosity.

Fun fact: the Best Buy event I went to last year apparently had people from Retro visit it. (I wasn't there when it happened, but I heard about it from one of the event people)

Wait, you have to be invited to Best Buy to play the demo? That's stupid.

I don't think he was meaning the Best Buy event.