SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, May 7, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, May 7, 2014 - No reason given

Oops. Accidental double post. D; Sorry. Dx

Edited by BANRYU
  • Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Those proportions are so crazy. :P

But I agree on the debunking thing. Sakurai just better not do this with Ike. :(

Chrous Men is literally one of the worst suggestions I've ever heard in my life. Worse than Gooma and Owain, actually.

I really hope Chorus Men don't get in. I mean I love the Rhythm Heaven series but even I think these are the most dumbest characters to represent the entire series.

Chrous Men is literally one of the worst suggestions I've ever heard in my life. Worse than Gooma and Owain, actually.

Still sounds more appealing then Miis

Neato! I think it's cool that they're acknowledging Nintendo's new IPs via trophies and ATs and whatnot, even if they're not quite influential enough to be actual PCs yet. Yeah, the whole 'debunking possible chars before E3' theory sounds pretty likely.

I don't think we'll get any brand new characters like you're asking, Rando. It's impossible to know if a game like that will be popular, and thus unwise to do something like that. It'd have been like putting Olimar in SSB Melee-- stuff like that just doesn't happen, y'know? Yeah with a lot of these new characters, it's really cool that they're getting acknowledged, but I think that's about the most we should expect to see in terms of new characters. Greninja is actually really unprecedentedly new for a playable character, IIRC.

And keep in mind that there weren't even as many new characters in Brawl as most people thought there'd be... chances are that's true here as well. TBH, my guess is that we can expect to see, at most, maybe 6 more new playable characters if that.

Personally, I'm still harboring some hope that characters who have thus far only been seen as trophies-- like Wonder Red and Tiki-- might still be Assist Trophies. =3=

I'm not really asking/hoping for "2014 and onward" new characters (but I won't say no to them, unless they look really ridiculous or something). I was just wondering how possible people would think it'd be that we'd be getting playable characters that are that recent, especially since I'd have to take that into account in my SSB4 Newcomer Bets Thread. I'd probably give a free "2014 or later newcomer" slot or something if that's the case.

And yeah, I know there won't be that many newcomers. Maybe we'll get 12 at most (including the 6 we already have) after taking that accurate leaker into account.

I was hoping Wonder Red would be an Assist Trophy as well. Since asking for a lot of 2010 and later characters to be playable would be too much, at least seeing them in action as Assist Trophies would be the next best thing.

Animal Crossing is from early 2000s.

Wii Fit is from 2008ish.

If the Gematsu leak is right, then we also have Chorus Men from 2008 and Xenoblade from... I think 2012.

To contrast, Pikmin was the only new IP in Brawl.

Xenoblade is actually 2010 since there's the Japan release, and the overseas release was 2 years later.

Animal Crossing isn't really new enough in my opinion. I suppose 2008 is relatively new, though I really hope Wii Fit isn't the only new IP that's represented with a playable character, since... well... I hope I shouldn't have to explain myself.

I'm hoping that the Gematsu leaker is right about Shulk.

Wonder Red would be a super cool AT. =3=

Yeah Rando TBH, I stand by what I said earlier: I don't think any newcomers for this game will be more recent than Greninja (in terms of individual characters). But that's just my best guess! :D

Only way to have a newcomer be newer then Greninja at this point is if Sakurai pulled another Roy I think

So, does anyone think the new Hoenn remakes being confirmed will have any effect on the Smash Bros. games? If they're already coming out in November, then they had to have been in development for awhile, so Sakurai could have been informed about them. Maybe Sceptile will be the "grass starter" rep that some people have been theorizing about after all.

Personally, if we get another Pokemon that wasn't in Brawl, I'd like to bring Mewtwo back, so that would be:

1. Pikachu

2. Lucario

3. Charizard

4. Greninja

5. Jigglypuff (Original 12 are unlikely to be going anywhere)

6. Mewtwo

And Sceptile would make seven. That might seem like a lot, but Pokemon is one of Nintendo's top-selling franchises and probably has the largest cast of characters to choose from. Also, since Sakurai considers Ivysaur, Squirtle, and Charizard to be three separate characters in Brawl, that's really only a net gain of one rep.

As much as I love Sceptile, I think he's far from popular enough to get into SSB. The best shot for anyone in the line might have been at the hight of the Ruby/Sapphire's anime, since Ash had the Treecko, but as it is, I'm skeptical that we'll even see the full six. Jigglypuff I agree about, but I'm still highly doubtful that Mewtwo will return as everyone thinks. And I definitely think seven would be too many Pokemon reps.

As much as I love Sceptile, I think he's far from popular enough to get into SSB. The best shot for anyone in the line might have been at the hight of the Ruby/Sapphire's anime, since Ash had the Treecko, but as it is, I'm skeptical that we'll even see the full six. Jigglypuff I agree about, but I'm still highly doubtful that Mewtwo will return as everyone thinks. And I definitely think seven would be too many Pokemon reps.

I think if Game Freak wants Sakurai to put Sceptile in to build hype for the Hoenn remakes, Sceptile will be in. I at least think there's going to be some sort of significant Gen III presence (either a character or a stage. Yes, I know we've already seen Lumiose City and that Elite Four stage from Greninja's reveal trailer, but there could be more than one Pokemon stage per game), given the amount of influence Game Freak has over Pokemon representation and the fact that they want to build up hype for the remakes of their worst-selling (if memory serves) generation of Pokemon games.

You are right about Mewtwo looking unlikely to return, though.

I don't think any Hoenn Pokemon will be getting in or should be getting in. I don't even know why GameFreak is giving them remakes. It's a waste of time and money since that gen sucked hard, imo. I was hoping for a follow-up or follow-ups to X/Y. >_>

Edited by Anacybele

I don't think any Hoenn Pokemon will be getting in or should be getting in. I don't even know why GameFreak is giving them remakes. It's a waste of time and money since that gen sucked hard, imo. I was hoping for a follow-up or follow-ups to X/Y. >_>

That's just your opinion, Ana. It definitely wasn't perfect, but a lot of people really liked Gen 3 and are excited for these games to come out. Nintendo's checkbook will surely disagree with the 'waste of time and money' statement when all is said and done, I predict... =3=

However, I do agree that no Hoenn Pokemon will be in... Of the vast collection of characters, Sceptile is definitely not one of the more likely Pokemon of all characters. Blaziken is much more popular among the hoenn crowd, and we should hardly expect to see him either.

Yeah, we really shouldn't expect to see any Hoenn material in this game that wasn't already going to be in it prior to the announcement of OR/AS, that'd be like expecting stuff from Pokemon Platinum to be in Brawl (incidentally, Giratina should totally have been on the Spear Pillar instead of stupid Cresselia but that's a different topic).

Strange, I heard a lot of people hated gen 3, mostly because of the lack of backwards compatibility with gen 2. But whatever, I still think gen 3 remakes is a stupid idea and that no Hoenn Pokemon is popular, unique, or significant enough to get into SSB4, not even Blaziken due to Charizard staying.

Edited by Anacybele

I think it's safe to say that the Gen 3 remakes don't really have anything to do with this game, agreed.

Can we move on now, please?

Gardevoir should have gotten the upgrade to playable to rep gen 3 considering her relevance in gen 6 (Diantha's most prominent team member and mega-evolver). Too bad she's already confirmed as a Pokeball mon.

It' wouldn't be difficult to create a sceptilian move set though. I am hopeful.

That's true of the vast majority of Pokemon, though.

Honestly, don't be hopeful. :0 I know that sounds harsh, but it's better than being disappointed; Sceptile honestly isn't popular enough. Trust me.

No.

----

Should the Energy Tank make it as items to make it so that only R.O.B, Mega Man, and Samus can recover health with it(Recovery should be 100% for them three) as it drains 50% health away from everyone else?

This is the worst, most pointless idea I've heard.

It would really be a lopsided item.

Nope.

It wouldn't. Everyone else should be 50% more damaged by swallowing it. 100% for three characters as it should function like the Poison Mushroom for purely organic lifeforms.

daily.jpg

Pic of the day. Fight! The Wonderful 100!! We also made trophies of some of the other Wonderful Ones.

First Dillon, now Wonder Red. I wonder if they're intentionally deconfirming characters before E3 as some sort of countdown or way to psych people up for the characters that aren't deconfirmed as playable.

I suppose it's nice that they're at least acknowledging The Wonderful 101 in Smash Bros. (especially since quite a few people think that it isn't owned by Nintendo), but at the same time I'd really like to see one of Nintendo's new IPs represented with a playable character. Well, there's still hope for Shulk, and he was mentioned as playable by that accurate leaker.

On that note, does anyone think there'll be a really new playable character, as in a character whose IP will only be revealed during E3 2014? I remember constantly hearing about Miyamoto working on a new Nintendo IP that'll "introduce a new character among the library of existing Nintendo characters." I don't know about you guys, but I'd find it really cool if there's a playable Nintendo character like that who's from an insanely new IP. Plus, most of the IPs Miyamoto makes become quite huge and popular, and even the ones that aren't get representation in Smash Bros. (like Nintendogs and Steel Diver).

yyef.gif

Um...like who is Wonder Red?

Those proportions are so crazy. :P

But I agree on the debunking thing. Sakurai just better not do this with Ike. :(

He won't.

Ike has been in two games. So therefore...he stays.

Only way to have a newcomer be newer then Greninja at this point is if Sakurai pulled another Roy I think

Probably will happen.

We need to see him mega evolve in 3d.

But...the Hoenn pokes have been kind of oddly blunt in comparison to the other generations. Their designs won't be appreciated for even being a random Pokemon but Gardervoir. Even though the third gen is one of my utmost favorites.

Edited by Barbie

Er, Ike's only been in Brawl. :/

As for Wonder Red, he's one of the hero characters in The Wonderful 101. I don't really know anything else though, I've never played this game.

That's true of the vast majority of Pokemon, though.

Honestly, don't be hopeful. :0 I know that sounds harsh, but it's better than being disappointed; Sceptile honestly isn't popular enough. Trust me.

Being hopeful is something completely different than having unrealistic expectations. I'm hopeful, that won't change, I am also, however, realistic. If sceptile isn't in the game i'm not going to be disappointed, same goes for every other character that exists, don't you worry about that.

Also, being told to trust some random person on the internet, someone who isn't remotely connected to any factual data about popularity and being expected to blindly believe their words just because they told you it is so doesn't make a very compelling case. I know it sounds harsh, but it's true, trust me. =p

EDIT: Also, your statement about that it is true for a vast majority of pokemon is flawed reasoning. The statement itself is correct, but it is entirely irrelevant to my earlier statement of sceptile not having any trouble getting a move set. ;)

[ That person has a gun, he's probably a good shot with that. --> A lot of other people are probably also able to wield a gun well. (it's true, but completely irrelevant)]

Edited by Vicious Sal

well it was obviously popular and good enough to get remakes

Strange, I heard a lot of people hated gen 3, mostly because of the lack of backwards compatibility with gen 2. But whatever, I still think gen 3 remakes is a stupid idea and that no Hoenn Pokemon is popular, unique, or significant enough to get into SSB4, not even Blaziken due to Charizard staying.

well that's not really a problem anymore~

but that is your opinion, so whatever

I do have to wonder if there'll be any easter eggs from the remakes or if this'll have any other significant effects...

Edited by Comet

I would like to see a Sceptile doing a Solar Beam attack in one of the Pokemon background stages. It would be soooooo <3

@Ana

I thought that there would be a sequel to X/Y. But...guess not. Hoenn remake is a yippie!

Edited by Barbie

yyef.gif

Um...like who is Wonder Red?

Wonder Red is from the Wonderful 101 game for the Wii U. It came out last fall. Also it's pretty weird that they're including him since the game was developed by Platinum Studios.