SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I said Melee, not Brawl.

Oops, sped read the Melee thing.

But yes the Wii Fit Trainer is a HUGE point for credibility as I had not predicted her at all prior to last year E3. All others "leaked" are or have been on most prediction lists.

Regarding Greninja:

Just like I expected. Placeholder slot.

Gematsu is real.

http://www.ssbwiki.com/list_of_rumors#E3_2013_leak

I point this link out regarding Greninja's "Leak"

I'd like to draw your attention to the following lines: "A few hours before the Smash 4-centered Nintendo Direct, the leaker reportedly sent another email to Romano; the contents of the email continued to claim that Pac-Man and a Mii would still be playable, as well as adding predictions for Shulk from Xenoblade Chronicles; Palutena from Kid Icarus: Uprising (tying in withanother rumor); Chrom from Fire Emblem: Awakening; the Choir Men from Rhythm Heaven; and an unknown Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y." "Like the previous leak involving Little Mac, however, the claim came under scrutiny for the fact that the leaker could name multiple characters from other game series, but was unable to do so for the vague claim of a "Pokémon from Pokémon X and Y"."

Edited by Naui

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Regarding Greninja:

Just like I expected. Placeholder slot.

Gematsu is real.

Do you know what you're saying...?

Pokemon XY leak with Chrous Men/Shulk/Chrom was issued on April 8th, 2014. Pokemon XY was released in October 12th, 2013. In other words, they had decided on Greninja whilst XY was STILL IN DEVELOPMENT. Basically, they had decided on Greninja LONG before the leak was posted, which is actually against it as they simply listed 'Pokemon from X and Y'.

By the way, Sakurai also says it was a 'Pokemon Slot reservation', not specifying XY.

Most people who believe the Gematsu leak have assumed the leaker is getting his info from early planning documents, which would explain why he didn't specify Greninja, why he didn't get Rosalina, and why he initially got the Miis and Villagers names wrong(even though he did eventually get Mii Fighter right).

Most people who believe the Gematsu leak have assumed the leaker is getting his info from early planning documents, which would explain why he didn't specify Greninja, why he didn't get Rosalina, and why he initially got the Miis and Villagers names wrong(even though he did eventually get Mii Fighter right).

The slot for a Pokemon wasn't stated as an X/Y Pokemon, though, just a new Pokemon. Nothing suggests that there was ever a time where "an X/Y Pokemon" was a thing.

I don't suppose anybody who was in the tournament is saying anything about how the game played yet?

They decided Greninja on early concept art for XY, how early do you need to get?

I do think Greninja is a point against him, but that doesn't change the fact he guessed Wii Fit Trainer and it basically comes down to Chorus Men. I personally feel it comes down to Chrom, however with the whole Chrom vs Lucina vs Avatar debate though.

I don't suppose anybody who was in the tournament is saying anything about how the game played yet?

There are a few videos of Zelda playing. Also saw one on youtube with the quadruple Zero Suit Samus final smash. The gameplay is as people say, faster than Brawl.

Edited by SlipperySlippy

I do find it interesting that they had decided on Greninja so far in advance. I mean, what if everyone ended up hating him? Would have made things really awkward.

If he got it from planning documents before the reveal then that actually disproves his credibility even more actually.

Because that means that first, his second list could have been posted earlier along with his initial "leak" before E3 2013. Secondly, that means that Rosalina was added to be produced after he got his supposed planning document "leaks" which I highly doubt given that she was THE FIRST newcomer revealed after the E3 reveals. Perhaps if she was revealed after Little Mac or Greninja, I'd let that one slide if the "early document" thing wasn't this proposed source of his leak. The name scrutiny isn't an issue for me.

They decided Greninja on early concept art for XY, how early do you need to get?

I do think Greninja is a point against him, but that doesn't change the fact he guessed Wii Fit Trainer and it basically comes down to Chorus Men. I personally feel it comes down to Chrom, however with the whole Chrom vs Lucina vs Avatar debate though.

There are a few videos of Zelda playing. Also saw one on youtube with the quadruple Zero Suit Samus final smash. The gameplay is as people say, faster than Brawl.

Yeah, I mean more detailed than that. Like, something more approaching analysis

Read the quote again.

All of the characters to consider were on our internal roster from the beginning of development. We had a slot for a new Pokemon reserved, but did not way for X and Y. We decided to use Greninja well before X/Y came out, based on early reference drawings.

That implies that at some point in development, there was a placeholder slot for a Pokemon newcomer* that was eventually filled by Greninja.

*I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume it was a placeholder for an X/Y 'mon, because I think if Sakurai wanted a character from another Gen he wouldn't have needed a placeholder, but w/e.

That implies that at some point in development, there was a placeholder slot for a Pokemon newcomer* that was eventually filled by [/size]Greninja.

*I don't think it's much of a stretch to assume it was a placeholder for an X/Y 'mon, because I think if Sakurai wanted a character from another Gen he wouldn't have needed a placeholder, but w/e.

It was a placeholder because they wanted a new Pokemon, but didn't have a definite choice, not because they didn't know all the XY Pokemon or something.

The fact that they didn't wait for X and Y actually suggests they didn't care if it was a Pokemon from them or not.

I honestly don't know why the Gematsu leaker didn't leak Greninja specifically. All I know is that a good chunk of the rest of his info has been confirmed, including WFT and Mii Fighter's name, things nobody else predicted. To a lesser extent, Villager was a longshot as well, considering Sakurai ruled out the possibility of an AC character in Brawl for being too peaceful. Given all that, I'm willing to give him the benefit of the doubt.

Also: http://www.smashbros.com/jp/characters/pac-man.html

For anyone still doubting Pac-Man.

It was a placeholder because they wanted a new Pokemon, but didn't have a definite choice, not because they didn't know all the XY Pokemon or something.

The fact that they didn't wait for X and Y actually suggests they didn't care if it was a Pokemon from them or not.

If he wanted a new character from another Gen why have a placeholder? Wouldn't he have already known which character he wanted? The fact that he waited at all says to me that he wanted an X/Y mon specifically.

There weren't that many X/Y Pokemon who could really fit as playable characters without looking weird. But, still, all three of the fully-evolved starters are part of that group, and Sakurai's gamble really paid off with how much more popular Greninja is than Chesnaught and Delphox.

Edit: And, yeah, by having a placeholder for "new Pokemon", I don't think that meant "new to Smash", but "originating in the (at the time) upcoming X/Y games".

Edited by ClevelandSteve

Wakka wakka!

Like Pac-Man better than Palutena, he's a pretty cool addition.

Edited by Knight