SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

New tech will come with time, however... nerfed grab game and no dash dancing doesn't seem appealing.

MeleeItOnMe is a fantastic blog, so great how they were able to provide this type of information.

Reading those comments, is that what the Melee side of the Smash fandom is like? Goodness gracious.

Anyway, nerfed grabs and no dash dancing doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'm not a competitive player and I may not "understand the significance" of this, but it's not like those mean much, right?

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyway, nerfed grabs and no dash dancing doesn't seem like that big of a deal. I'm not a competitive player and I may not "understand the significance" of this, but it's not like those mean much, right?

Smash 4 is going to be its own game, so it's hard to say. There's plenty other tech I'm sad to see go, but it is what it is.

Well, I guess "collecting them all" won't be a thing (except for the extremely wealthy).

It might be a ruse that someone claimed that it is 20 bucks. I'm rewatching the stream a bit and they never mentioned the price. But even then I wouldn't be surprised if it is 20.

Reading those comments, is that what the Melee side of the Smash fandom is like? Goodness gracious.

Exactly. I read the report and it looked like most of the stuff they want from Melee besides L-Cancelling and Wavedashing are back, but the apparently think that no more Wavedashing is a monstrous thing.

Wavedashing was a glitch that Sakurai left in Melee, so who even says he could recreate it? I guess that L-Cancelling being back is sort of bad, but some people need to learn to stay classy.

The live Treehouse announced each Smash Bros figure is 20 bucks each.

kind of sucks considering majority of the Skylanders and Disney Infinity are 10 to 15 bucks.

$20, holy crap. They're nice figures so I knew they'd be slightly expensive ($10-ish?) but $20 is a bit much.

$20, holy crap. They're nice figures so I knew they'd be slightly expensive ($10-ish?) but $20 is a bit much.

I reiterated http://serenesforest.net/forums/index.php?showtopic=40818&page=407#entry3143807

That someone claimed that it was 20 bucks but I've been watching the stream and I haven't seen a single mention of the price so it's probably a fake announcement but personally the price point wouldn't surprise me one bit.

Exactly. I read the report and it looked like most of the stuff they want from Melee besides L-Cancelling and Wavedashing are back, but the apparently think that no more Wavedashing is a monstrous thing.

Wavedashing was a glitch that Sakurai left in Melee, so who even says he could recreate it? I guess that L-Cancelling being back is sort of bad, but some people need to learn to stay classy.

Wavedashing is not a glitch. Sakurai said he knew of it before Melee was released and it is a consequence of the physics of the game. The thing about those nerfs, however, is that campy play is too rewarded. If punishes are so bad that they're not worth it and there's a timer, tell me, what is the ideal play? Risk approaching with bad approaches just for a little bit of damage? Or not approach at all, get the lead and punish the approaching opponent instead? At least with a good combo game (Coming from L cancelling, good grab game and dash dancing), approaching would be worth the risk.

Well, Nintendo Treehouse is back up again and they're playing Smash Wii U.

They got to the coliseum stage.

at this point, or this build anyway, the song used was The Devoted. Literally ripped from RD with no differences.

Well, Nintendo Treehouse is back up again and they're playing Smash Wii U.

They got to the coliseum stage.

at this point, or this build anyway, the song used was The Devoted. Literally ripped from RD with no differences.

Saw this as well. It was awesome. I loved The Devoted.

Saw this as well. It was awesome. I loved The Devoted.

Eh, still needs Stalwarts Unite, imo. It was in BOTH Tellius games, no less, just under different titles and remixed in RD.

Edited by Anacybele

Sorry I can't watch the video right now... but it probably answers my question.

Is Game & Watch confirmed or not? He's not on the website... but he's in Pac-Man's reveal video, and it WOULD make sense to keep him in at this point, imo.

Wow, $20 for the Amiibos? Each? 8U My college offers free snacks at certain times of day. I don't neeeeeed to eat at home right...?

G&W, along with most of the other veterans from Melee/Brawl, are pretty much as good as confirmed. I'm really not sure why there's so much uncertainty surrounding the fate of most veterans, honestly. If Lucario and Ike are back, why wouldn't the even MORE distinctive chars like G-dubs be?

Also, that Q&A. Behehe.

Seriously, while I respect skill of the people who are really good at the game and play it competitively and whatnot, some of them seriously just need to quit bitching about it. Though I might question some of the design choices, I can never HATE Sakurai or hold mechanical balance against him because of ALLL the shit that gets put into every single SSB game.

And seriously, people just don't appreciate how hard it is to make a game. Show some respect, motherfuckers.

Edited by BANRYU

Eh, still needs Stalwarts Unite, imo. It was in BOTH Tellius games, no less, just under different titles and remixed in RD.

Or go with the FE4/5/6 one instead of the already hugely overdone Tellius songs. They're good, but holy shit there was enough in Brawl.

(5's is more of a reimagining, but it has a bit of FE4/6's leitmotif in it)

Edited by NoNameAtAll

There was only one RD song though. The others were from PoR. If Tellius is going to be represented, both games need good representation, imo.

There was only one RD song though. The others were from PoR. If Tellius is going to be represented, both games need good representation, imo.

Still more than Jugdral.

Why only Tellius though? Some of PoR's songs were used again in RD, weren't they? I fail to see how it matters that RD only had one, when they're both from the same continent. Besides, Tellius is probably the one continent that doesn't need anymore

A universal FE stage shouldn't prioritize one specific continent, tho seeing as how the Coliseum could potentially be Archanea oriented, I'd surmise a little more from said continent.

Then again, with Awakening's exposure of songs from just about every FE there is, there could even be some from previous ones, Jugdral in particular for being the ONLY continent without any representation whatsoever

Edited by The King

I never said only Tellius should have representation (gods, I can't believe how often I'm forced to say "I never said" in this forum). I said that its representation should be more balanced. And I suggested songs that are in both games so it's NOT overrepresented.

Of course Jugdral should have some music too. It didn't even get one in Brawl, you're right.

Why only Tellius though? Some of PoR's songs were used again in RD, weren't they? I fail to see how it matters that RD only had one, when they're both from the same continent. Besides, Tellius is probably the one continent that doesn't need anymore

Because Tellius is "important". Whatever that means. And I agree that a general FE stage shouldn't prioritize continents and such. But Jugdral was a huge omission in Brawl. GAIDEN got a remix and as awesome as the song was, it's still a shocker.

And actually Annie, you kinda did. OH NOES FE10 HAD ONLY ONE SONG BUT FE9 DIDN'T. EQUAL REPRESENTATION.

Edited by NoNameAtAll

Coliseum isn't general though. It's from Archanea. This is why I hope Tellius gets a stage too, so those Tellius songs actually make sense.

And even if it was general, Coliseum doesn't represent the WHOLE series. Tellius actually never had arenas.

Edited by Anacybele

Actually, the fact that we're getting Tellius music in the Coliseum stage seems rather indicative that we may not get a Tellius stage.

Coliseum isn't general though. It's from Archanea. This is why I hope Tellius gets a stage too, so those Tellius songs actually make sense.

And even if it was general, Coliseum doesn't represent the WHOLE series. Tellius actually never had arenas.

It's Archanea, Elibe, Magvel, Jugdral...only Valentia and Tellius are omitted.

Does that mean we get a Valentia stage?

Seriously, you gotta stop grasping at straws. It's general enough.

The "Attack" arrangement from FE7 was nice.

I'd like to hear some from FE4.

...but damn Gaiden music is great.

Like even NES rip... I want to hear more like Mila's Divine Protection.

Or just even a Medley. I mean a lot of those were pretty short... Like Celica's Map 2-2

Edited by shadowofchaos