SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Although, I didn't get a chance to touch it, I did however captured some ok footage of the game. Did this off of my 3DS+Capture Card(Need it to transfer your camera captures to your computer). To get there was a chore itself. First after three bus travels approx 2 hours and 30 min, then had to walk for around 40min to get there. My feet is killing me. Although, I arrived around 7:30PM and closed 1hour and 30min later. The line was nearly 1/4 of the store long and had to wait just an hour alone to get close enough to capture this footage. I should hope to get this in better quality on Saturday and to get my chance to play it! :D

Did get some Yoshi stickers as consolation prizes though. :3

lol

I had to get that guy on camera at the very end of the video as he was wearing a Princess Peach shirt. XD.

Edited by Bimbo

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll be severely disappointed if Chorus Men actually do make it in. 8U; I never liked Rhythm Heaven that much, it just didn't click with me. I suppose it won't be THAT bad though.

Eternal Bond just better stay or else I'm just gonna flip. That was used as Ike's theme, man. D:

And technically, RD considers it his theme too. It plays when he first appears in the game's intro movie and then stops as soon as his clip is over, it plays only in his chapters, and it plays after the end of the game, which he's the most prominent figure in.

I'll be severely disappointed if Chorus Men actually do make it in. 8U; I never liked Rhythm Heaven that much, it just didn't click with me. I suppose it won't be THAT bad though.

Chorus Men are amazing, what are you talking about. :o

Rhythm Heaven was fantastic, too.

I'm kinda freaking out if Marth is as nerfed as everyone's been saying. And Zelda didn't look like she improved at all, either. I want to like Zelda more but she's so slow and floaty without enough payoff in the oomph of her moves. And Marth apparently got slower, floatier, and has no grab game or ability to combo anymore. I know Sakurai probably wants to eliminate chain grabs but now it looks nearly impossible to chain a grab to a regular combo now due to the lag.

That's the kinda thing I've been waiting to hear about, only actually heard a couple of voices so far. The small number I've heard outside of sf, on one hand, have actually been using the word combos, which made me perk up a bit, but at the same time often described the game as slow?

What I've heard so far through second-hand sources:

1. Grabs have huge lag on the end, making it difficult for almost any character to combo anything off of them except for Rosalina. They also knock back pretty far even at low %s.

2. The game isn't THAT slow. Slower than Melee/Project M for the most part, but definitely faster than Brawl. Characters like Kirby and Mario currently feel "good". Fox and Marth both got toned down. ZSS right now is ridiculous and will probably be one of the characters being tweaked before the final launch. So is Samus, just like Sakurai had said. Apparently her up-smash actually has KO power now!

3. Major rework to the edge game. Edge-guarding just got a lot more difficult but apparently you can still edgeguard against someone who is in the helpless state (ie burning their third jump). Some people are mad about the change, but the majority of people see this as a positive and I agree.

4. A lot of techs are absent but there are also some new ones observed. For the people who are mad that dash dancing is impossible/nearly impossible, apparently there's a new pivot that will probably be a part of the new meta.

5. Aerials have a lot of end lag now. I kinda hope this gets changed because this probably accounts for the "slow" feeling that some players have been ranting about. This is one of the most noticeable parts about Marth that got nerfed, actually, as he can't double fair in a short hop anymore, but generally cancelling landing lag is difficult for most characters. Fox also suffers landing lag from short hop lasers. Kirby with Link's arrows is a notable exception, and I presume Link himself can do it to with his neutral B.

6. "Stale moves" lose power a lot slower. I think?

7. The 3DS version apparently has a bug or *something* that causes your character to jump if standing near an edge *edit: while pressing down on the control pad. This might just be a bug in the demo though.

8. Speaking of bugs in the demo, Sonic's FS apparently doesn't work either. Obviously this isn't going to be the case in the full game.

9. The usefulness of FSes is still all over the place. Rosalina has the FS of minor annoyance, DK's FS is still the bongos and marginally improved.

10. Two characters who have some exceptional reworking are Yoshi and Bowser, and the changes are mostly positive. Yoshi can finally jump out of his shield!

There's a lot I'm likely missing but I think there's a lot of positive changes coming through. Most of the positive feedback I've heard are for Olimar, Mario, Kirby, Yoshi, and Greninja as far as character balance is concerned. Little Mac is kind of mixed because of the focus on FFA matches thus far. Some characters are very techy like Rosalina and WFT so it's hard to come to a consensus just yet. I just hope grabs will be tweaked so chain grabs remained nerfed but have some way to lead it into other options.

Edited by Samias

Sakurai did say that the games' releases being apart is primarily due to debugging and stuff. So hopefully some of those problems people have mentioned are just bugs that will be fixed, like that end lag to aerials.

The end lag isn't a bug so much as it is a design choice. It's the number of animation frames used in the landing, and right now very few things cancel that landing lag. Same with lag after throws and throwing distance. Those kinds of delays are fairly easy to tweak, but difficult to balance. Cancels are more quirky because it's about animation triggers and how the game decides what to do with certain conditions.

But you're right, they CAN change it and hopefully the invitational and demos will give Sakurai and the team a lot of valuable insight on rebalancing. They still have a lot of time to work on the games and iron out mechanics, and I've seen people praise the feel of play for Mario and Kirby thus far.

As far as I know, Isaac's status is unknown. He wasn't shown among the assist trophies revealed in the April Direct and he didn't show up during E3. But I think at this point, he's going to remain an assist trophy. I've a feeling the Gematsu leaker is correct, at least about Chrom and Shulk, and if they're in, that's eleven newcomers so far. Brawl had thirteen, I believe, and I don't see SSB Wii U/3DS getting as many.

Also, I just realized something, guys! There was one thing Sakurai didn't mention when he introduced and discussed the MIis. He never said anything about their Final Smashes. I wonder what they are? I mean, it wouldn't be fair if they didn't have any, they'd be at a big disadvantage in matches with Smash Balls on.

I've never heard of this game.

Did they say Isaac wasn't going to be in this?

Rhythm Tengoku/Heaven/Paradise started on the GBA (Tengoku) and has a DS (this was the first English installment as Heaven/Paradise depending on your region, and known as Rhythm Tengoku Gold in Japan) and Wii game (Rhythm Heaven Fever) since. It was one of Nintendo's Touch Generations games on the DS and shilled by Beyonce on TV in the US. In Japan the DS installment sold over 1.5mil copies. That's actually pretty huge numbers for the Japanese market. I think the lack of a super iconic mascot is a problem for recognition of the game among people who didn't pick it up, as that means you don't see much in the way of character discussion on the internet.

I think if the Chorus Men are actually in as playables, they were chosen over Karate Joe simply to avoid overlap with Little Mac and Mii Fighter's movesets. All the newcomers thus far have been pretty distinct from each other and the Chorus Men are more distinct than another martial arts guy, even if Karate Joe has AWESOME songs in Rhythm Heaven.

One of the final smashes was already shown within the stream. It was the Gunner's

Oh. lol I must not have noticed. xP

Also, yet again, Ike is unfairly ignored: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.266926960147658.1073741831.224173137756374&type=1

First he still gets no gameplay footage, now he's left out of this Facebook post? This is getting ridiculous. Some of those people that commented didn't even think he was confirmed because his artwork was left out!

Edited by Anacybele

Oh. lol I must not have noticed. xP

Also, yet again, Ike is unfairly ignored: https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.266926960147658.1073741831.224173137756374&type=1

First he still gets no gameplay footage, now he's left out of this Facebook post? This is getting ridiculous. Some of those people that commented didn't even think he was confirmed because his artwork was left out!

It's Facebook. WGAF. Lay off the salt and bitterness.

Seriously, it's not a big deal. If Marth was left out, you wouldn't give a shit.

Edited by NoNameAtAll