SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, the wonderful thing that is the SSB4 discussion thread.

The practice of insulting characters you don't like and expect people to not call you out on it.

I love this place.

"Discussion".

Well yeah, if you make it into a video like THAT, of course it's annoying. :/

I believe I need to play the actual game.

The video only enhances the annoyingness, really. She's still just as annoying in the game when this happens.

The game itself is my favorite Mario Kart, though. Namely because me and my brother had more fun working together rather than destroying each other.

Edit: May as well say something ON topic. I'm personally interested in the customization of moves. Honestly, if they all are roughly along the lines of speeding up attacks in an exchange of speed/defense/etc. and the reverse, then I may just go for something like taking a slower character, buffing up their speed, and then giving the some power-boosting items.

Edited by Dai

Daisy only needs to be rescued once and then she kicks ass after that.

Daisy swings tennis rackets, hits golf balls, kicks soccer balls, plays baseball and plays boardgames so she kicks ass.

Peach swings tennis rackets, hits golf balls, kicks soccer balls, plays baseball, plays boardgames and saves the world, but she doesn't kick ass

I dunt get it.

In other news, the four pillars pic of the day still has me hyped. I still can't believe that it happened.

Tetris stage in this game plz

Peach still needs rescuing all the time, that's the difference. I never said Peach WASN'T capable of kicking ass either. In fact, I said that she can defend herself just fine on her own. xP Why Daisy doesn't help "save the world" is what I don't get.

Anyway, yeah, now that I've thought about it more, it IS cool to see them four guys in the same game. Even if I never heard of Pac-Man until YEARS after I started gaming. :P

So random question... How many of you believe in a decent chance of a Dual Audio option?

Like... I'm REALLY on the fence about importing.

Shipping REALLY sucks.

...but then again, less chance of me not getting a copy when preorders run out here in the US.

...BUT THEN AGAIN, the dual-audio option is something I am doubting.

*AND* I get the game a month early.

So random question... How many of you believe in a decent chance of a Dual Audio option?

Shipping REALLY sucks.

...but then again, less chance of me not getting a copy when preorders run out here in the US.

Depends. It's been a really long time since I've played Melee, but I believe at the very least you could switch the text to Japanese, not so much the audio. Not a very good precedence, but there's that. If there are enough speaking lines, rather than the usual grunts, groans, and what not, it would make it more likely. However, I do not really think it will happen unless there's a lot more voiced dialogue going on.

Don't you mean you'll import/use a JPN 3DS to get it earlier than people who don't have one.

Hopefully they'll have language options like Melee. I don't think they will though.

Shipping REALLY sucks.

You can always access the japanese eshop....then again it's eshop so yeah.....

For dual audio chances are higher but we won't know until release for NA. The biggest problem in the original Brawl was that the CG cutscenes and the resource content was so much that they probably couldn't fit both the english and japanese audio and text into the DualLayered Brawl Disc. Whereas the Wii U has 25 GB of space available. 3DS cartridge is possible with the biggest size being 8GB.

Edited by kingddd

You can always access the japanese eshop....then again it's eshop so yeah.....

eShop is pro if you can't get a midnight release for a game though.

In fact, I can get it a few hours before midnight because of how it updates.

Plus my SD card is 2huge4me so I have lots of space.

Yeah 32.

I got it when I got a bunch of eShop cards because I was anticipating buying a lot of games for my 3DS.

Then all of those Gameboy games came out on Wii U.

What other neat minigame modes do you guys want back or liked playing the most in previous iterations?

From what I can recall we had:

Break the Targets

Board the Platform

Race to the Finish

Multi-man

Character Rollcalls

Staff Credit shooter

Trophy arcade coin shooter

Boss Battle

Home Run Contest

etc....

What other neat distractions do you guys want to see?

Edited by kingddd

I've never played that game, so I can't comment. xP

Some of my hate for Peach comes from Brawl though, due to her taunts. I HATE her taunts in that game, especially her "LALALALALALA." And I don't expect them to have changed much, if at all, in Smash Wii U/3DS, so I'll find her annoying yet again there.

I also never liked how she was always "MARIO SAVE ME" when she's shown that she can defend herself just fine. Daisy only needs to be rescued once and then she kicks ass after that. And I love her tomboyishness. I also think she's way cuter design-wise. I just wish she would appear in more main stream Mario titles...

Also, fun fact: she is actually hinted to be Luigi's love interest in Mario Kart Wii. Daisy Circuit has statues of them dancing as well as of their baby selves playing together.

EDIT: Actually, Jave, I wouldn't care. Because they're entitled to their opinion. xP

She did this to be a cock tease. x.x

This time, the princess is the one doing the rescuing. Her special floating ability helps her across any obstacle that comes her way.
Plus SMB2 and Super Mario RPG. -.-

Daisy as an assist trophy in SSB Wii U/3DS would be sweet. ^^

I just wish that she was in the game instead of being one of Peach's alternates. Which isn't even her. -.-
aesq.png
Wanted her over Rosalina. Oh, well. Why not Daisy and, ...or Toad?
Only way that she'd get in now.
3h4.gif
I'd like Toad to be an asset trophy as well since he's only serving as Peach' shield again.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2EDQaHf8cT8

Behold, the phrase Daisy makes when you switch her to the back of the vehicle.

rofl

Ah, the wonderful thing that is the SSB4 discussion thread.

The practice of insulting characters you don't like and expect people to not call you out on it.

I love this place.

"Discussion".

moltar280.jpg
Ha ha ha ha ha ha....

Peach still needs rescuing all the time, that's the difference. I never said Peach WASN'T capable of kicking ass either. In fact, I said that she can defend herself just fine on her own. xP Why Daisy doesn't help "save the world" is what I don't get.

Anyway, yeah, now that I've thought about it more, it IS cool to see them four guys in the same game. Even if I never heard of Pac-Man until YEARS after I started gaming. :P

She doesn't.
She does this only to troll the Mario Bros. -.-
She secretly loved King Koopa, duh.
------
Give us some sin and aliens and we then have ourselves an ultimate fighting game! Otherwise, Mii's of them will have to be made. Dark Link, Dark Samus, Deathborn, Spawn, Fulgore,
Tassadar, Kerrigan(Possessed of course)
(Other Characters)
Phoenix Wright, Miles Edgeworth, Athena Cykes, Apollo Justice, Simon Blackquill, Aura Blackquill, etc.
Edited by Bimbo

I don't recognize some of those... Either they were only in Smash 64 or I didn't play Melee enough. xP

I thought Boss Battle was cool, as was the Coin Launcher. ^^

We know Home Run Contest is back though, btw. At least in the 3DS version.

Meh, board the platforms isn't different enough from break the targets to warrant a return imo, and break the targets is better.

What does need to return is unique break the targets stages for every character.