SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True. But what's done is done. Anyways I like that edge hogging is gone. Your thoughts?

I don't. It makes recovery too easy.

Toon Link wasn't available in the demo. Neither was Yoshi.

Oh, I just realized. Peach was absent from that video too. And regardless of reasons, it should still say SOME SSB4 victories, not ALL. Because it still isn't ALL of them. xP

Peach wasn't in either demo. Why are you being so picky? BIG DEAL.

Wasn't everyone going to get a different theme for a win? I noticed Mario and Luigi had the same theme, but Rosalina had a different one, despite all being from the Mario Universe. (Mushroom Kingdom Symbol, as some might say that DK is too).

The title misled me to believe that every announced character so far had a victory scene recorded. That's why I'm being "picky." xP

As for edgehogging, I'm glad it's gone. It was always annoying.

Edited by Anacybele

IIRC, didn't everyone have 3 victory poses?

Probably just haven't gotten to the other 2 yet, still a beta build

Yeah, they did, which I hope is still the case. I never did like Luigi's belly-balancing nonsense. His pretend gun hands are the win.

I forget, were characters displaced from the edge in the beta when anybody else gets in range to grab the ledge, or just when, like, the other character literally fell onto them from above, sorta like a midair goomba stomp?

I don't like the lack of edgehogging since it was a good incentive to not go too far off the stage if your name is Falco or company. And I'm seriously worried about Jigglypuff now.

We saw her use the Up Smash in her trailer. The height doesn't change with charging as far as I can tell (either that or charging is super quick which it wasn't in the demo).

I think it was already said that he's still speaking Japanese as of right now. Which is dumb, because he has a game in English now. And some people, like me, would like to actually be able to understand him. xP

I think Marth in SSB has sort of made his character one that speaks Japanese. If they gave him an English voice and didn't have the option to have him speak in Japanese (but with everything else still in English), I think a lot of people would complain.

Then give him the option to speak Japanese. I don't see any problem with that. I'm just tired of not being able to understand what he says. I'm sure others would like to understand him too.

Only option other then to just keep him Japanese is what Blazblue did, you can change certain characters VA to the Japanese and keep others English

This even reflects in Online play where you'll hear the others players preferences

Only option other then to just keep him Japanese is what Blazblue did, you can change certain characters VA to the Japanese and keep others English

This even reflects in Online play where you'll hear the others players preferences

That would be pretty cool. Personally, I'd rather keep Marth speaking Japanese because it's simply natural for me at this point, but I can understand people wanting an English voice for him now.

This might be a stupid idea, but maybe Sakurai hasn't shown us a gamemode for the Wii U that has similar ideas to smash run, where the characters get boosted attributes such as attack range or strength. Maybe the range of Palutena's up smash has been boosted by something like this, or maybe the reintroduction of stickers or something silly like that. I don't like to think that Palutena has that much range in any of her attacks unless ones with range like that have ridiculous cooldowns that could lead to being easily punished upon missing or if it was used when the opponent was at low damage. It LOOKS strong, but I can't think if too many drawbacks to it, besides the fact that it presumably has little horizontal range

Heavenly light or whatever it's called (pardon my laziness for not looking it up) looks like it leaves Palutena wide open for punishment after being used as it doesn't stagger the opponent at all and appears to have a cooldown animation, so I have absolutely nothing against it except that it would be a pain just causing constant chip damage

This might be a stupid idea, but maybe Sakurai hasn't shown us a gamemode for the Wii U that has similar ideas to smash run, where the characters get boosted attributes such as attack range or strength. Maybe the range of Palutena's up smash has been boosted by something like this, or maybe the reintroduction of stickers or something silly like that. I don't like to think that Palutena has that much range in any of her attacks unless ones with range like that have ridiculous cooldowns that could lead to being easily punished upon missing or if it was used when the opponent was at low damage. It LOOKS strong, but I can't think if too many drawbacks to it, besides the fact that it presumably has little horizontal range

Heavenly light or whatever it's called (pardon my laziness for not looking it up) looks like it leaves Palutena wide open for punishment after being used as it doesn't stagger the opponent at all and appears to have a cooldown animation, so I have absolutely nothing against it except that it would be a pain just causing constant chip damage

Maybe the Wii U version will stick with Classic mode, Adventure mode, and Boss rush?

Then give him the option to speak Japanese. I don't see any problem with that. I'm just tired of not being able to understand what he says. I'm sure others would like to understand him too.

I actually like it. It feels natural, since I've been hearing him like that since Melee. And plus, I don't care what he says.

If you hear him speak in English, congratulations. You have a line you have nothing to do with. How pointless.

To hear him speak in English would be kind of awkward for me, but I see what you mean.

To be honest, I don't recall Sakurai showing us any unique game modes for the Wii U version at ALL. Which is really weird. >.>

And it's not like Marth speaks that much, most of his lines are grunts and screams for his moves. I believe his only spoken lines are his taunts and winning quotes.

Isn't one of his lines "Hey everyone, look at me!"? That almost feels OOC for Marth.

And it's not like Marth speaks that much, most of his lines are grunts and screams for his moves. I believe his only spoken lines are his taunts and winning quotes.

Isn't one of his lines "Hey everyone, look at me!"? That almost feels OOC for Marth.

I'd be more inclined to translate the line as "Everybody, watch this!" but yeah, that's basically what 「みんな、見てくれ」 means.

Edit: did Marth have anything new in Brawl, or was all of his audio just carried over from Melee?

Edited by Rewjeo

To be honest, I don't recall Sakurai showing us any unique game modes for the Wii U version at ALL. Which is really weird. >.>

I see it as, they are keeping the unique Wii U modes under wraps until the 3DS version is released

This way the Console version doesn't eclipse the handheld

Regarding character voice clips from the demo, they are assuredly a WIP.

For example, Rosalina had recycled voice clips from Mario Kart 7 and Super Mario 3D World.