SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

This might derail conversation a little, but did the creator of Xenoblade work on any other games or notable characters in the past? I understand the reasoning for it to be interpreted as Shulk being revealed, I just wonder if maybe they're sending all of us on a wild goose chase so we're completely surprised

Edited by Spiky

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This might derail conversation a little, but did the creator of Shulk work on any other games or notable characters in the past? I understand the reasoning for it to be interpreted as Shulk being revealed, I just wonder if maybe they're sending all of us on a wild goose chase so we're completely surprised

Depends on what you mean by creator. If you are talking about the Director and designer of Xenoblade, he worked on a lot of the old Square games in the graphics department like Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7 but directed all the Xenogears, Xenosaga and now the current Xenoblade.

Edited by kingddd

Well, he could be like Captain Falcon (runs fast, delivers good damage, but many of his attacks are slow to execute). I just don't see this guy:299px-Shulk.png

being a heavyweight. Before the game, he's basically a scrawny nerd who spends all this time tinkering with stray robot parts he finds lying around. In fact, his canon fragility (when not using certain arts) would help balance him.

Ah, I see. That does make sense, and I do think he could work with your ideas. And he doesn't look like he'd be a heavyweight, I agree. :P

I will hurt Sakurai if he doesn't restore Peach's greatness from Melee.

Downsmash and Turnips need to be restored to their former glory.

Yeah, there's lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight. Lightweights are generally the smaller guys like Toon Link, Olimar, and Pikachu, plus Marth. Middleweights are characters like Link, Mario, Luigi, etc. Heavyweights are the big characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, and Charizard, plus Ike. Though now, Ike might qualify as a big character. XD

Correction guys: I read the GoNintendo article incorrectly. It's only Xenoblade's producer that mentioned/retweeted the Newcomer reveal on the 14th and not Shulk's VA.

Sorry for the false alarm.

I haven't either, and I actually like the one Rayman game I've played (Rayman 3D). lol I got stuck in it though. xP So I wouldn't mind seeing Rayman playable.

Rayman playable in Smash Bros... well I can think of a few other characters that are more Nintendo affilated/have a stronger history with Nintendo. Though I'll admit he'd be a decent guest character choice and I am quite fond of the guy (mostly in his Rayman 1 incarnation since I really liked big-eyed Rayman. Plus, I have fond memories of the first Rayman as a kid).

Depends on what you mean by creator. If you are talking about the Director and designer of Xenoblade, he worked on a lot of the old Square games in the graphics department like Secret of Mana, Final Fantasy VI, Chrono Trigger, Final Fantasy 7 but directed all the Xenogears, Xenosaga and now the current Xenoblade.

You've mentioned some of the greatest games of all time. I knew he did the Xeno series but I didn't know he worked on the first half of the games you mentioned.

Yeah, there's lightweight, middleweight, and heavyweight. Lightweights are generally the smaller guys like Toon Link, Olimar, and Pikachu, plus Marth. Middleweights are characters like Link, Mario, Luigi, etc. Heavyweights are the big characters like Bowser, Ganondorf, Dedede, and Charizard, plus Ike. Though now, Ike might qualify as a big character. XD

Rosalina's a lightweight in this game, right?

I thought I remembered a pic of the day about her "anti-gravity effect".

Rosalina's a lightweight in this game, right?

I thought I remembered a pic of the day about her "anti-gravity effect".

Rosalina is a heavyweight since she's from space and the planet that she is from has heavier gravity than Earth. That and she's a heavyweight in every Mario Kart game she has been in.

Rosalina is a heavyweight since she's from space and the planet that she is from has heavier gravity than Earth. That and she's a heavyweight in every Mario Kart game she has been in.

Sakurai said Rosalina was floaty and from the E3 gameplay trailers, she is definitely light weight.

JNnL0Iz.png

Dec. 23, 2013

"Rosalina's got height! She is seriously tall! However, she boasts an anti-gravity effect, so she's very light."

Though, I guess it would make sense for her to be a heavyweight, as AllAroundGamer said, but yah.

Talk about a contrast from Mario Kart Rosalina. lol But I imagine that she's only in the heavyweight class there because of her height. She's just too tall to fit in the medium karts! lol

Also, Rosalina is from Earth. She just left when she was a child to help a lost Luma, and she came to be the Lumas' caretaker. Where she got her magic though, is never explained. In fact, she was originally going to be a relative of Peach (explaining why they bear some resemblance), possibly her older sister that disappeared one day.

Edited by Anacybele

Rosie so beautiful <3

[spoiler=Xenoblade]Also, I would love if they introduce Mechon Fiora too with the ability of using different equipments for her, similar to the Mii Fighters, it'd be totally awesome :awesome:

Though really unlikely

If the planet she's from has heavier gravity then wouldn't she be like way lighter here, not the other way around?

Also, Rosalina is from Earth. She just left when she was a child to help a lost Luma, and she came to be the Lumas' caretaker. Where she got her magic though, is never explained. In fact, she was originally going to be a relative of Peach (explaining why they bear some resemblance), possibly her older sister that disappeared one day.

Don't you mean Rosalina's mother not sister? (and also, I checked around in the Story Book from Super Mario Galaxy and she didn't mention that she has a sister, she mentions she has a brother. (according to Chapter 5: Home))

And also, I like Shulk appear in the game also, but, I also thinking if younger Impa from The Legend of Zelda series (since she appear as younger version in Ocarina of Time, Skyward Sword, and Hyrule Warriors) might appear as a Newcomer for Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS / Wii U since she made alot of recurring appearances in the series and she also playable in Hyrule Warriors.

Edited by King Marth 64

Erm, Rosalina looks FAR too young to be Peach's mom. xP

Rosalina is presumed to be CENTURIES old.

Actual quote from her in Super Mario Galaxy: "This planet... It's very dear to me. I looked forward to visiting this planet with the Lumas every one hundred years... The Luma that's been traveling with you may also grow up to become a star someday. Some Lumas become planets...some become comets...and a few become Power Stars. I'm traveling with them while they look for a place to be reborn. But I never thought all this would happen..."

Well then, in that case, she's far too OLD to be Peach's mom. :P

She can have kids whenever she wants.

I don't recall there being any relation between Peach and Rosalina, but I have been out of the Mario loop for some time now. The physical resemblance definitely suggests a relationship was at least planned at one point.

Rosalina and Peach were meant to related at first but was later scrapped from what I've heard.

I would love a Mario game that goes deeper into Rosalina's backstory. Rosalina is totally getting her own game.

Rosalina and Peach were meant to related at first but was later scrapped from what I've heard.

I said this earlier, yeah. That was the original plan. I kinda wish it hadn't been scrapped though. Would've been interesting to see two pairs of siblings in the Mario series if they were going to be sisters. :P