SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I for one loved messing around with the stage builder. I was a part of the All is Brawl community for a while, and some people came up with some really fun and creative stages. I remember one dude lovingly created a Kakariko Village stage which somehow felt deceptively way bigger than it should have despite the size limit of the creator, and one of my favorites that I made was a recreation of the Sky Pillar from Pokemon RSE.

But ultimately yeah, I agree that options were rather limited. The hitboxes clashing with each other was the thing that bothered me the most, I remember, but conceptually I like that it was rather raw in terms of dealing purely with the space you had to fight in. Still, creating one's own spin on pre-existing areas from the games with only the music to lend that feeling to it is kind of satisfying haha.

Needless to say, I'm expecting the feature to evolve big-time in the next installment, and looking forward to seeing how it improves. It'd be especially great if there was like a texture editor for platforms and such, but I'm hardly expecting that.

But I've gotta say, it's like the movie by anima was pretty much crapping all over the Chrom hype from Gematsu.

The funniest part about that is that-- I'm guessing-- the trailer was probably made long before the Gematsu prediction. In other words, it's crapping on Gematsu completely unintentionally (if I'm right, and there's no way to know so I'll pretend that I am because that's funny to me).

Pardon me, but isn't it a little too early to be calling her a clone? I mean yeah she has the same pose (with a slight difference) to Marth, but we don't know exactly what she can do in battle, and such.

It's not really too early; ALL of her moves that we've seen so far have been copies of Marth's. However, I think it IS too soon to say that she'll play very similarly to him. Plenty of people have already speculated how she could play vastly different, and ultimately I think that's the most important thing.

So, in an effort to raise the optimism here, if you don't like [insert character you dislike here] then just beat the shit out of them with your main. There's always a bright side of things. Can't wait to falcon punch Rosalina.

Hahaha. Exactly. There's really no reason to be upset about anyone who got in when we have that to look forward to

except the Miis they're not worthy to go toe-to-toe with the Nintendo greats

Edited by BANRYU

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

for most of those characters, those are minor differences intended to set them apart. barely. maybe pichu is different, so what? falcon isn't a clone. who would he be a clone of?

i'm not saying they should scrap them, but just make them what they should be: reskins of the main fighters. i don't care very much, still gonna buy the game and have lots of fun with it.

well falco n's knee was the first thing that came to mind that separated falcon and Ganon. But all the little changes do make the clones waaay different than the originals, despite being visually similar, which was the point I was trying to make.

Whatever, all that matters is that we do have fun. xD i'm going to wreck you with Lucina once I get it though

I loved messing around in the stage builder too! I recreated Riven Bridge and Castle Crimea in it and made Christmas-themed stages too. lol

Edited by Anacybele

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what do you guys think of Lucina's pseudo-lesbian relationship with Palutena?

20b6d7.jpg

She mistaken Lucina for a guy. Lucina did pose as the legendary hero, Marth. :3

I'm not sure if this has been brought up yet, but what do you guys think of Lucina's pseudo-lesbian relationship with Palutena?

Following in the footsteps of Zelda and Rosalina.

These royalty/divinity types must really like each other.

well falco n's knee was the first thing that came to mind that separated falcon and Ganon. But all the little changes do make the clones waaay different than the originals, despite being visually similar, which was the point I was trying to make.

Whatever, all that matters is that we do have fun. xD i'm going to wreck you with Lucina once I get it though

yep, and actually a marth clone is great for me. keeps up the variety, but allows me to basically stay with my main.

on another note, i feel it us a crime that snake will not be included. he was amazing.

Posted · Hidden by Florete, July 17, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, July 17, 2014 - No reason given

yep, and actually a marth clone is great for me. keeps up the variety, but allows me to basically stay with my main.

on another note, i feel it us a crime that snake will not be included. he was amazing.

Falcon's assets have been upgraded significantly.

AhOeW4u.jpg

if he doesn't make it in, I would probably like it if an Nintendo Military character replaced his moveset like maybe a Famicom War or Advance/Battalion Wars character.

Edited by kingddd

The funniest part about that is that-- I'm guessing-- the trailer was probably made long before the Gematsu prediction. In other words, it's crapping on Gematsu completely unintentionally (if I'm right, and there's no way to know so I'll pretend that I am because that's funny to me).

It adds to the hilarity one hundred fold.

AhOeW4u.jpg

The only thing worth looking at in that image is the Captain's glorious ass.

*Also, please spoiler images like that.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Following in the footsteps of Zelda and Rosalina.

These royalty/divinity types must really like each other.

Palutena only liked her for doing a godly thing like Anna does. Travelling through eras and time.

----

For the fifth rep (If Nintendo does this as they have already shown to wanting the series to live), I'd rather see Anna than Chrom for her being able to conk opponents on the head with a Staff. But...if Chrom were to be in...better not be Lucina's double.

Edited by Bimbo

They took away Snake but gave his ass to Captain Falcon.

As it is apathetic to see a racer taking position over a hardcore marine.

Captain Falcon doesn't hide in a box. Snake does. We need him for his date with Samus.

for most of those characters, those are minor differences intended to set them apart. barely. maybe pichu is different, so what? falcon isn't a clone. who would he be a clone of?

i'm not saying they should scrap them, but just make them what they should be: reskins of the main fighters. i don't care very much, still gonna buy the game and have lots of fun with it.

I'm in the opposite camp. I think that turning a legitimate, unique character into a costume for another character is usually bastardizing that character (I say usually because there's exceptions. To name one: Dr. Mario, even if he played differently in Melee, is still basically just Mario in a doctor outfit, and I wouldn't be at all upset if he came back as an alternate costume of Mario). Which is why I'm glad that Sakurai decided to give Lucina her own slot instead of making her a Marth costume.

The only evidence of this is one screenshot of them in a vaguely suggestive pose... which is more evidence than a lot of very popular ships I've seen through the years have, so I guess it's fair.

I'm in the opposite camp. I think that turning a legitimate, unique character into a costume for another character is usually bastardizing that character (I say usually because there's exceptions. To name one: Dr. Mario, even if he played differently in Melee, is still basically just Mario in a doctor outfit, and I wouldn't be at all upset if he came back as an alternate costume of Mario). Which is why I'm glad that Sakurai decided to give Lucina her own slot instead of making her a Marth costume.

066faa.jpg

We should have an alternate costume for Mario being the Punchout referee. :D

Edited by Bimbo

Late response to replies to my height comment, the height difference is more noticeable in SSB4 than in the actual game.
And I'm a fan of ho yay and les yay (equal rights my friends!) so I ain't complaining. xD

Better yet, Chrom should use Lances if he were in. Now we just need Lances and Axes to be in Smash Bros.

Marth and/or Roy and/or Ike had Yaoi.Why can't Lucina and Palutena have Yuri?#equalrights

ikr

Someone should host a super bash sisters tournament once the game comes out, only allowing female characters, of course.

ikr

Someone should host a super bash sisters tournament once the game comes out, only allowing female characters, of course.

Jigglypuff will count.

Her Rests/Rollouts will pwn them all. ^_^

Edited by Bimbo

I feel the same. That's why I hate Peach's "Daisy" swap so much, I'd rather they just make Daisy her own playable character.

And I also think Dr. Mario WILL be back as an alternate costume for Mario, especially with all the alternate costumes already announced.

I saw nothing homosexual about it...why does it have to be sexual? Can't it just be two friends taking a picture together?

I saw nothing homosexual about it...why does it have to be sexual? Can't it just be two friends taking a picture together?

This, seriously. Why does everything have to be taken in a sexual/romantic manner?