SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Griel's mastery in PoR was Aether too, so he'd be the first and true Aether master, so it'd belong to him, not Ike. I also love how you're assuming that Ike and Chrom are guaranteed.

Greil never had any skills in PoR. He wasn't even playable. :/ Also, I'm mainly talking about characters that actually have a shot at getting in the roster.

Also, Ike surpassed his father, so yeah. And I never said I thought they were guaranteed. I meant that I thought what I said should be true IF they are guaranteed. But I probably should have said so, so my bad.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Greil never had any skills in PoR. He wasn't even playable. :/ Also, I'm mainly talking about characters that actually have a shot at getting in the roster.

Also, Ike surpassed his father, so yeah.

He has unused playable stats, and when hacked in, using an occult scroll on him gives him Aether. And I don't care, Ike still isn't the first and true Aether master, so it does not belong to him, and he shouldn't have anything signifying that he is, because he isn't. Chrom and Lucina are as much true masters of Aether as Ike is.

I've never thought of Aether as Ike's signature move in the context of Fire Emblem. I think it became his signature move because of Smash. The animation is from the GBA Hero, so I don't think of it of Ike's exclusively. With the release of Awakening, it appears that Aether is now a lord exclusive skill, so I definitely don't think has any claim to it. But if he returns he will keep it. I'm not betting on Chrom, but Chrom won't have that version of Aether unless he were to replace Ike. Which I'm not thinking will happen. I'm betting on Lucina and but I don't think she will have an Aether like Ike.

He has unused playable stats, and when hacked in, using an occult scroll on him gives him Aether. And I don't care, Ike still isn't the first and true Aether master, so it does not belong to him, and he shouldn't have anything signifying that he is, because he isn't. Chrom and Lucina are as much true masters of Aether as Ike is.

But the fact remains that Greil is not playable after all and officially cannot be given Aether. So officially, Ike IS the first and true Aether master and the skill belongs to him. I won't argue with you on this, so I am done.

And Heroes only have a similar critical animation, they can't heal themselves or use Luna or anything. Aether was first officially given to Ike, so it belonged to him first.

EDIT: Also, GameStop's website says TWW HD is actually out on September 20th, so somebody needs to get their facts straight. :/

Edited by Anacybele

Still not too certain on a good guess for September's reveal, though I think we'll see confirmations of Peach (November), Diddy Kong (December) and Mewtwo (October) sometime this year as monthly updates.

Wind Waker comes out digitally Sept 20th but the hard copy (WITH A GANON STATUETTE!!) comes out October 4th. So either you get the awesome preorder bonus, or you get to play really early. I really want to go out and preorder WW's hard copy but I'll be going away for PAX Prime so I have no idea if I'll be able to get the special edition, so I wonder if I should just go for digital this time... But I think this does point to Zelda likely being a reveal for September.

Ah, I see. And November should be Zelda, imo. That's when A Link Between Worlds comes out.

I'm still undecided about getting TWW HD though. I hated TWW and this new HD version looks improved somewhat, but I'm not sure if it's improved enough to make it worth it for me.

Edited by Anacybele

But the fact remains that Greil is not playable after all and officially cannot be given Aether. So officially, Ike IS the first and true Aether master and the skill belongs to him. I won't argue with you on this, so I am done.

And Heroes only have a similar critical animation, they can't heal themselves or use Luna or anything. Aether was first officially given to Ike, so it belonged to him first.

Why does the skill belong to him and why is he officaly the true Aether master? Given that he doesn't have it in Radiant Dawn, canonically he didn't learn it during the war against Ashnard, and he only get's it when Yune gives him her blessing, so canonically, Ike was unable to learn Aether without the intervention of a Goddess, so Aether in Tellius belongs to Yune, whereas Chrom just picks it up naturally, and Lucina was born knowing it, regardless of Chrom anyone in her ancestry. Out of "needed a Goddess to have it", "picks it up naturally" and "was born knowing it", who sounds more like the true master of the skill? The skill belongs to Chrom and Lucina as well and they are as much true masters as Ike is. The officaly the true master is very suspect when I can't find a single offical statement about Ike being as such.

Why does the skill belong to him and why is he officaly the true Aether master? Given that he doesn't have it in Radiant Dawn, canonically he didn't learn it during the war against Ashnard, and he only get's it when Yune gives him her blessing, so canonically, Ike was unable to learn Aether without the intervention of a Goddess, so Aether in Tellius belongs to Yune, whereas Chrom just picks it up naturally, and Lucina was born knowing it, regardless of Chrom anyone in her ancestry. Out of "needed a Goddess to have it", "picks it up naturally" and "was born knowing it", who sounds more like the true master of the skill? The skill belongs to Chrom and Lucina as well and they are as much true masters as Ike is. The officaly the true master is very suspect when I can't find a single offical statement about Ike being as such.

Don't bother man, using sound reasoning in an discussion with anacybele is about as useful as a fart in the wind.

Point in case:

EDIT: Also, GameStop's website says TWW HD is actually out on September 20th, so somebody needs to get their facts straight. :/

Just says she won't continue the discussion, next sentence is a continuation of 'closed' discussion.

More on topic, got my fingers crossed for Toon Link, Micaiah and togepi. Screw puff, togepi is where it is at. Final smash would be a multiple facehuggers emerging from its head when it opens up. Where is that gif.....

If the September character confirmation is Chrom, I will be so unbelievably happy I won't be able to stand it.

If, they're confirming Chrom, I hope they utilize the pair up system and include MU as well (sort of like a transforming character). That's just my wishful thinking

If, they're confirming Chrom, I hope they utilize the pair up system and include MU as well (sort of like a transforming character). That's just my wishful thinking

I'd love if they could do that. Like a tag-teaming Zelda/Shiek, where you could transform between them in battle.

I'd love if they could do that. Like a tag-teaming Zelda/Shiek, where you could transform between them in battle.

Or likekmn trainer, having one in de background, helping with things like: side b would be casting thoron or throwing a javeling, up b a rescue staff or somewthing like that, down b a switcheroo, neutral b a counter or w/e.

Or likekmn trainer, having one in de background, helping with things like: side b would be casting thoron or throwing a javeling, up b a rescue staff or somewthing like that, down b a switcheroo, neutral b a counter or w/e.

Hmmm. That would be cool indeed.

As for October and November, since that's why X&Y and A Link Between Worlds are coming out, I'm hoping for either Serena and/or Calum, or Hilda and/or Hilbert for October. Tag-teaming or not, doesn't matter. And Toon Link/LLTP Link for November.

Ike is the first lord to have it, that's why. And what are you talking about? Ike gets it in RD upon promotion. And I never said the skill didn't belong to Chrom and Lucina at all. They can master it, but Ike was the first true Aether master because he learned it first. This is what I mean.

But there's no point in arguing with you since you can't see this logic, so I'm not going to discuss it further.

September's confirmation might actually be Toon Link because of the Wii U bundle that comes with TWW HD. xP

Ike is the first lord to have it, that's why.

That makes him the first, yes, but it doesn't make him the true master since all of them use it equally well.

And what are you talking about? Ike gets it in RD upon promotion.

And why does he promote? Because Yune blessed him, since he can't do it on his own. And I was more referring to he doesn't have it canonically in PoR, since he doesn't show up with it in RD.

And I never said the skill didn't belong to Chrom and Lucina at all.

And Ike is the original Aether master, so it belongs to him.
So officially, Ike IS the first and true Aether master and the skill belongs to him.

Sure looks like you're saying that the skill belongs to him, and if it belongs to him, it can't belong to Chrom and Lucina.

They can master it, but Ike was the first true Aether master because he learned it first. This is what I mean.

But there's no point in arguing with you since you can't see this logic,

This is the first time you've said first true, before this point, you've only said true, which implies that Chrom and Lucina aren't true masters of Aether. How am I supposed to know you mean first true master when all you've said is true master!? And it still looks like you're implying that Chrom and Lucina are lesser users of the skill, since all you say of them is that they can master it, not that they're also true masters of the skill, as if they're like Priam, who has the components, but not the full skill. He's a master of the effects sure, but he's clearly not a true master of the skill.

I'll say it again, Aether belongs to Chrom and Lucina just as much as it belongs to Ike, and they're also true masters of the skill.

*poof*

Did anyone hear that? That was a sound of a fart in the wind....

Ike needs help from stefan to learn aether in Por, he needs yune her blessing in Rd, the twat cant even learn a skill on his own, what can he do? Ike for bottom tier!

Micaiah as a unit, make it happen sakurai, so much potential!

Have we stopped updating this thread with the new screenshots or what?

Ike needs help from stefan to learn aether in Por

I'm pretty sure that Ike can learn Aether by using an Occult Scroll, regardless if Stefan has been recruited or not.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

I'm pretty sure that Ike can learn Aether by using an Occult Scroll, regardless if Stefan has been recruited or not.

Yes, but it's implied in that one info conversation that Stefan taught it to him.

I'm surprised today's image hasn't been posted yet seeing how,

daily.jpg

It appears we have a new stage.

Ridley, where are you?