SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

for future reference (and to anybody reading) you don't have to publicly defend/justify yourself after a modpost like that. conform by moving on instead.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, I see... I never had such problems, so I guess I wouldn't understand. I HAVE been mistaken for a guy a bunch of times though.

But to get the thread back on topic, whether or not there's a Zelda newcomer, I can see Sakurai revealing Ganondorf and/or a Zelda newcomer in September for Hyrule Warriors's release.

Oh yeah, we're definitely getting someone around that time.

Honestly, even since I've seen their movesets in Hyrule Warriors I think Impa/Ruto/Lana have AMAZING movesets and I want so badly for them to be in SSB. They'd be beautiful at it.

Why wait until September? Hyrule Warriors comes out next week in Japan.

because NA and Europe only matters

One of my favourite things to do in the older smash bros was in training mode and spamming a bunch of pokeballs and watch them wreck havoc. I can't wait to do this with masterballs.

Why wait until September? Hyrule Warriors comes out next week in Japan.

Oh, it does? Why is America getting it so much later then? Its release is over a month later. :/

But anyway, I guess Ganny and that newcomer, if it exists, can show up next week.

Exactly, you're masquerading as a guy. A guy named Sangyul. That's what I was trying to say.

Also, you just publically admitted your true gender. xP

I've publicly admitted my gender many times before. But it still doesn't stop people from making the same mistake.

ok now this is a derail lmao

at least sheik was tangentially related via zelda

consider this the end of that line of discussion please

Sorry, Integ, I don't mean to go over your head, but there's something really important that needs to be addressed first. Like, this is life-or-death. It needs to happen.

She did. I was pointing out that despite that she wanted to keep her gender secret, she just plublically revealed it. xP

But again, whatever. You guys obviously aren't going to change my mind, so why do we bother continuing this?

http://www.polygon.com/2014/8/5/5948989/zelda-nintendo-sheik-gender-cosplay

I've posted this a couple times now. You haven't addressed it. What say you to the word of God?

For quick reference: Nintendo's stance

We asked Nintendo if there was an official word on this, and they answered the call. Nintendo's official line, quoted from Nintendo senior product marketing manager Bill Trinen, is this: "The definitive answer is that Sheik is a woman simply Zelda in a different outfit."

Sorry, Integ, I don't mean to go over your head, but there's something really important that needs to be addressed first. Like, this is life-or-death. It needs to happen.

i was tempted to warn you for continuing the derail but the derail i was talking about was talking about their own genders, not sheik's

lol

i was tempted to warn you for continuing the derail but the derail i was talking about was talking about their own genders, not sheik's

lol

Dodged a bullet there!

I already said that I don't believe NIntendo's logic makes sense in this case. That is all.

I had a great analogy lined up for this kind of response, but at this point I'd rather not get you riled up and continuing this headache anymore.

Oh, it does? Why is America getting it so much later then? Its release is over a month later. :/

But anyway, I guess Ganny and that newcomer, if it exists, can show up next week.

Isn't it being made by a Japanese company? I'm pretty sure the text has be to translated and such before they send it to English-speaking countries.

Isn't it being made by a Japanese company? I'm pretty sure the text has be to translated and such before they send it to English-speaking countries.

Translations for games like this happen during development, not after.

Just as with many Japanese games... like SSB4...

Localization takes time. Be grateful it's only a month.

Pokemon is an exception because the community was so... worldwide...

Translations for games like this happen during development, not after.

It still takes time. Especially with things like the ESRB.

Edited by shadowofchaos

it's a logical explanation but a lot of times australia (required language: english) gets shit a while after the us (required language: english) so yeah there's that

And besides that, American release dates are usually much closer to the Japanese ones.

Take Smash Bros. 3DS. It's only coming out in the US a little more than a week later.

EDIT: DUH, I'm fully AWARE that localization takes time.

Edited by Anacybele

i mean we got awakening almost a year after the jp release

(i can't think of any other games off the top of my head tbf)

EDIT: i'm pretty sure the norm is to take a while to move overseas and the exceptions are things that come out in the us before japan has solved everything

Edited by Integrity

i mean we got awakening almost a year after the jp release

(i can't think of any other games off the top of my head tbf)

Phoenix Wright vs. Professor Layton.

[/sheds a single tear of despair]

It still takes time. Especially with things like the ESRB.

Yes, but it's not like, "Well they need to translate the entire finished game."

It also depends on the game. Stuff like Zelda and Pokemon are going to be faster because they're big properties. Something like Fire Emblem isn't such a big property, so localization on Awakening probably wasn't being worked on during development of the game.

Time to start banging my head against the wall.

This is not a Lucina/Marth case. I will not say anything else other than to suggest you check some Hyrule Warriors footage and stop making this inane argument.

For the record, yes, Impa could be a clone, but there's no solid reason she should be (unlike Lucina, who made sense), and I'd be pretty disappointed if she were.

I'm not so sure we can use Hyrule Warriors as a basis. It's been in development since Smash has seemingly been in development longer than it has. Sure it's possible le we could have Hyrule Warriors Impa, we got Roy after all, but given the time frame of things it seems unlikely. Personally I think the only likely appearance we'll get from Impa is as a clone of Sheik. At least this time round.

And besides that, American release dates are usually much closer to the Japanese ones.

Take Smash Bros. 3DS. It's only coming out in the US a little more than a week later.

I actually don't understand this statement. Can you please elaborate?

Do you mean in comparison to Zelda Musou/Hyrule Warriors?

Edited by shadowofchaos

I'm not so sure we can use Hyrule Warriors as a basis. It's been in development since Smash has seemingly been in development longer than it has. Sure it's possible le we could have Hyrule Warriors Impa, we got Roy after all, but given the time frame of things it seems unlikely. Personally I think the only likely appearance we'll get from Impa is as a clone of Sheik. At least this time round.

As I said later, it's not that we would get HW Impa, it's that HW Impa shows that she doesn't need to be a Sheik clone.

As I said later, it's not that we would get HW Impa, it's that HW Impa shows that she doesn't need to be a Sheik clone.

I'm sure I would have got to that point eventually. Slowly skimming through the suddenly insane number of pages that have popped up regarding Sheik. Though if Impa appeared with a non Hyrule Warriors moveset I would honestly rather she was a clone since the only thing they have to pull from is her shield she made to fend of Ghirahim and the light bomb. And of course I hold out hope that if she is a clone they can drop Sheik in the next installment.

Not looking for an argument here, but kids who haven't played SS either might not know who Ghirahim is either. I mean, I didn't know who he was until reading about it.

So? I bet a lot of people didn't know who Marth, Roy and the Ice Climbers were, when Melee was released.

I'm still hoping for Tetra if we get a Zelda newcomer. Smash Bros still lacks pirates.

Do we really need another Princess Zelda in this game? We already have two Links, and two Marth's...