SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I heard a rumor that I would be in a Smash Bros. game (by "rumor", I mean "story that I myself wrote"). This rumor was from nearly seven years ago, even older than Ana's rumor. Since Sakurai hasn't said that I won't be in yet, I think I'm 9001% Confirmed now.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's still a rumor, and you can't say it's wrong yet!

Point is, Ana, there's no reason to believe some random rumor just because it hasn't been proven absolutely false. It got a little lucky with Pokemon Trainer, but otherwise it's so small that it's a little difficult to outright disprove anyway. What if a rumor had said All-Star mode won't return? Would you believe it just because we don't know yet if the mode is back?

Okay, fair enough. I still never said that the rumor was definitely true though.

I heard a rumor that I would be in a Smash Bros. game (by "rumor", I mean "story that I myself wrote"). This rumor was from nearly seven years ago, even older than Ana's rumor. Since Sakurai hasn't said that I won't be in yet, I think I'm 9001% Confirmed now.

How about you come up with something that actually makes sense as a rumor? :P Besides, make a Mii of yourself and stick it in the game and your "rumor" would sorta be true anyway.

Edited by Anacybele

How about you come up with something that actually makes sense as a rumor? :P Besides, make a Mii of yourself and stick it in the game and your "rumor" would sorta be true anyway.

In my opinion, the idea of ROB getting cut doesn't make sense as an accurate rumor, either.

But, then again, I also thought Mewtwo had zero chance of being cut before Brawl, so I'm not completely ruling out the possibility of someone like ROB (despite both having a unique moveset and saving the video game industry in the west) being cut. I just am not remotely expecting it.

Okay, fair enough. I still never said that the rumor was definitely true though.

Then you shouldn't use it to back up your argument.

So, let's see who's left in the (officially) unconfirmed veteran group...

Brawl Starters:

- Lucas

- Ice Climbers

- Wario

Unlockables:

- Ganondorf

- Jigglypuff

- Ness

- Wolf

- Falco

- Snake

- ROB

- Mr. Game & Watch

This is assuming that Squirtle and Ivysaur have been cut due to the removal of non-Final Smash transformations. And it's surely not possible that any of the cut Melee vets sans Mewtwo have any chance of coming back at this point.

I think we can all agree that Wario, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, and the Ice Climbers are guaranteed returns. That leaves Lucas, Wolf, ROB, and Snake as the only possible cuts. Which means SSB Wii U/3DS is indeed going to have less cuts than Brawl, which is awesome. ^^

I definitely agree that Wario, Ganondorf, Jigglypuff, Ness, Falco, Mr. Game & Watch, and the Ice Climbers are guaranteed returns. I also personally think that only Squirtle and Ivysaur are cut (although I hope Squirtle isn't), and MAYBE Snake is cut.

As for the bold part, I would say Dr. Mario coming back as an alternate costume for Mario is a possibility.

I would also say that Roy coming back is a possibility. In every single Smash Bros. character poll I've seen, he's one of the most requested characters. I'd say Sakurai does try to please the fans, that much seems clear to me, and if that pleases the fans it gives it a chance. However, Lucina basically guarantees that Roy would not come back as a Marth clone. If Roy were to come back, he'd have a new set of moves. And yes, I know a fifth Fire Emblem character is ridiculously unlikely, but I'd still say it's a possibility.

well they never had the same tier list mvp in more than one smash bros game

They kinda did... well for Falco and Marth anyway. The tier list might not differ too much as Smash 4 is pretty much Brawl revamped. Melee and 64 had completely different metas.

Even though almost nobody here seems to think so, I think Squirtle actually has a chance of coming back. Ivysaur would be PRIME for DLC, and Squirtle, if he isn't in the normal roster, would be perfect for it too. But, probably my favorite thing about Squirtle is that he's a genuinely fun character to play as. Lots of characters are pretty "serious" in their style, but characters like Yoshi, Wario, and Squirtle, and R.O.B. too, for that matter, are more light and comical. Yes, I know you can have fun with literally any character. But it's hard not to smile when playing as Squirtle or Wario.

Even though almost nobody here seems to think so, I think Squirtle actually has a chance of coming back. Ivysaur would be PRIME for DLC, and Squirtle, if he isn't in the normal roster, would be perfect for it too. But, probably my favorite thing about Squirtle is that he's a genuinely fun character to play as. Lots of characters are pretty "serious" in their style, but characters like Yoshi, Wario, and Squirtle, and R.O.B. too, for that matter, are more light and comical. Yes, I know you can have fun with literally any character. But it's hard not to smile when playing as Squirtle or Wario.

pichu in this case would be amazing imo

Perhaps you guys are expecting so many newcomers when there are just a few to be revealed. At best I'd expect two more newcomers (Shulk is love Shulk is live :awesome:), and regarding veterans, Mother needs a chance, this poor series has been like ignored and all they've done is focusing in Kid Icarus (sorry Yuffie but, sadly, it's true). Also, I highly doubt Ivysaur and Squirtle coming back even as Pokeballs considering there's Snivy and Oshawott doing similar things. Where's da puff :(:

Metaknight needs to stay broken to pair him with Palutena in the forbidden tier

edit: Shin you're the best, your mom for ssb4 :awesome:

#rumours

Edited by Quintessence

idk i pick kirby just to do the inhale-suicide troll

The greatest part about doing that in brawl is that it launches Kirby up a little if the opponent breaks free while both of them are falling.

That also works with the Donkey Kong Zelda Suicide troll.

DK doesn't have often enough chances to be worth it though.

His vertical recovery is crap.

So it's a GUARANTEED suicide for you, while your opponent has a chance of breaking free.

Kirby kills with him, or he gets launched up, or he kills the opponent by dropping them and getting launched up after spitting them out.

But yeah these options are very hilarious.

As long as you don't go looking down on others for things you do.

Edited by shadowofchaos

Mother needs a chance, this poor series has been like ignored

Shigesato Itoi, the creator of the Mother series, has stated that the Mother series is finished, and he will not be making a Mother 4. So it's not the case that the Mother series has been "ignored", but that it has finished altogether.

Shigesato Itoi, the creator of the Mother series, has stated that the Mother series is finished, and he will not be making a Mother 4. So it's not the case that the Mother series has been "ignored", but that it has finished altogether.

Yeah plus adding anyone else would seem a little odd actually. Ninten is basically Ness but less well known. Adding one of the other protagonists would be like adding in Lissa or Mist. Antagonists you might have something but the only one I can think of who would be suitable is the masked man, but other than that they don't have much need of rep-

You do know Quint was referring to Mother's lack of representation in SSB4, right?

Oh.

You do know Quint was referring to Mother's lack of representation in SSB4, right?

Yeah, I meant this. Like, throughout all of SSB4's development, PotD, etc., where's Mother? Yes, there's Mr. Saturn and Franklin Badge but, you know what I mean?

Also, checking the items I saw: Chest joins the items!

wbu9PDs.jpgI've never seen this in action.

Rosie <333

Yeah I'm pretty curious about these custom moves

I'm curious and also skeptical, some people have gotten some really cool ones while others are just like. Here is an elemental variant! Screw you!