SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And all those direct sequels used the same Link. ALBW's Link is a new Link who is ALttP Link's descendent. So the situation might be quite different.

No, it's the same Link. The developers stated that it's a direct sequel, featuring the same overworld, but a new storyline. Direct sequel means same Link.

And the Oracle series also used the same Link from ALttP, and the linked games feature Ganon as a final boss.

And where is there any proof of this?

No, it's the same Link. The developers stated that it's a direct sequel, featuring the same overworld, but a new storyline. Direct sequel means same Link.

Iwata said it takes place six generations after Ganon's Death in ALttP, and as far as I'm aware, Nintendo hasn't said anything about it being a sequel, only that it takes place in the same world.

And where is there any proof of this?

The Timeline in Hyrule Historia, which places the Oracle games between ALttP and LA.

Iwata said it takes place six generations after Ganon's Death in ALttP, and as far as I'm aware, Nintendo hasn't said anything about it being a sequel, only that it takes place in the same world.

If it takes place any number of generations after and is in the same world, it's definitely a sequel. And when did Iwata say that?

And this still doesn't guarantee that Ganondorf/Ganon will appear. Spirit Tracks is a few generations or so after PH and it lacks him.

Edited by Anacybele

If it takes place any number of generations after and is in the same world, it's definitely a sequel. And when did Iwata say that?

And this still doesn't guarantee that Ganondorf/Ganon will appear. Spirit Tracks is a few generations or so after PH and it lacks him.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/8/7/4597812/the-legend-of-zelda-a-link-between-worlds-features-new-link-in-a-new

Not a guarantee. My bad for saying probably. But he definitely can appear.

It's been called a sequel but not a direct sequel. TP takes place in OoT land, but that doesn't make it a direct sequel.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

Sure, I could call it one if it takes place in the same world, but generations after. But FSA looks more like it's in ALttP's world to me. They're so similar.

Viewtiful J: I see now.

Edit: Comment didn't recognize context.

I'd call it a sequel as it's intended as a successor to aLttP.

Edited by Knight

MM didn't

Thing is, Majora's Mask is set in the parallel world of Termina, not Hyrule.

LA, which is also a sequel to ALttP, didn't.

Link's Awakening was all a dream anyway (in which, Ganon appears at the end as one of the Shadow Nightmares).

EVENT MATCH.

Pop Balloons via the Villagers slingshot just like the Animal Crossing games starting with the DS one, could totes see that happening

Edited by Folgore Red II

EVENT MATCH.

Pop Balloons via the Villagers slingshot just like the Animal Crossing games starting with the DS one, could totes see that happening

I was thinking falco because of the birds in balloon fighter.

I couldn't double post so I was waiting for a reply haha, thanks for doing so.

So it looks like Pit has super armor during his Side-B

Edited by Folgore Red II

I couldn't double post so I was waiting for a reply haha, thanks for doing so.

So it looks like Pit has super armor during his Side-B

nothing wrong with double posting, you should see my occasional quadruple posts in the character contest threads!