SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Well, SSB is coming out in japan first.

Why bother releasing info in only one country? Saving it for later is pointless, it's the internet, Americans would find it out right away anyhow.

Because it is the motherland?

You do know that while international franchises are well... international...

There IS the tendency to cater to those people who are getting a release first.

There is context being missed when saying "Americans would find it out right away anyhow".

[/inb4 I get branded as an elitist]

Remember information control with Pokemon?

Edited by shadowofchaos

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Because it is the motherland?

You do know that while international franchises are well... international...

There IS the tendency to cater to those people who are getting a release first.

There is context being missed when saying "Americans would find it out right away anyhow".

[/inb4 I get branded as an elitist]

Remember information control with Pokemon?

Is this something similar to Kingdom Hearts International Version? Which was ironically Japanese only.

Pac-Man was revealed behind locked doors. A Smash character revealed in a Japanese Direct would be actually less unfair than that, because it's not like you can't watch it.

Pac-Man was revealed behind locked doors. A Smash character revealed in a Japanese Direct would be actually less unfair than that, because it's not like you can't watch it.

And they'd put in English sooner or later.I'd rather have one revealed in a direct then behind closed doors.Though they did upload Pac-Man's video on Youtube the same night they showed him,and the night before it was updated.

Yeah and the Pokken Tournament was only shown off in the Japanese Streams. After the stream ended they showed off the English Trailer.

Yeah and the Pokken Tournament was only shown off in the Japanese Streams. After the stream ended they showed off the English Trailer.

Thus,that means they could show a video of a new character,then release it in English.Dark Pit,Dark Pit,DARK PIT.

Yeah, but that was also live-tweeted, so everyone could know about it as if they were there. We can't see anything from this direct at all unless some kind Japanese post it somewhere that people from other regions can see.

We can't see anything from this direct at all unless some kind Japanese post it somewhere that people from other regions can see.

I watched the Youkai Watch direct streamed live which was Japan only in their Japanese Nintendo Direct website fine. Heck I was watching the Japanese Direct for E3 2013 livestreamed because the NA direct was lagging like crazy at the time and it worked fine. Anyone can watch the livestream since they don't block specific IP regions.

The Japanese Pokken Tournament was Japan only and I watched that stream fine.

Edited by kingddd

Someone really needs to be more open minded about this crap.

If anything, it's that kind of mentality that pushes people to be elitist about getting "Japanese only" things.

Oh man, remember the Final Mix fiascos with Kingdom Hearts?

Edited by shadowofchaos

http://mynintendonews.com/2014/08/29/nintendo-is-apparently-holding-a-closed-media-event-at-pax-for-smash-bros-on-nintendo-3ds/#comments

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=127455146&postcount=4800

Nintendo is holding a closed media event for SSB 3DS at PAX this weekend. Whether we will get more information we don't know but it seems like people are confident they will be showing off something big considering there is a lot of NDA going on in this.

Edited by kingddd

I watched the Youkai Watch direct streamed live which was Japan only in their Japanese Nintendo Direct website fine. Heck I was watching the Japanese Direct for E3 2013 livestreamed because the NA direct was lagging like crazy at the time and it worked fine. Anyone can watch the livestream since they don't block specific IP regions.

The Japanese Pokken Tournament was Japan only and I watched that stream fine.

Really? I guess I stand corrected then. My bad.

I'm not surprised this Smash conference is closed. Nintendo is definitely aware of the recent leaks, so I bet they thought "why show them anymore when they've already seen so much?" Fucking leakers...

For the record, closed conferences were the method of revealing both Pac-Man and Sonic.

So I think it's reasonable to expect something large tomorrow.

[cue posts about a certain purple space dragon]

Where are they streaming the direct tomorrow? The NoJ YouTube? Or over at Nico Nico like Hyrule Warriors?

Edit: Nevermind, it's already listed on the Nintendo of Japan YouTube

Edited by Spiky

Where are they streaming the direct tomorrow? The NoJ YouTube? Or over at Nico Nico like Hyrule Warriors?

Edit: Nevermind, it's already listed on the Nintendo of Japan YouTube

It's a sign, on page 666 of this thread.

Anyways, I'd love to watch it... but there's not really much of interest to me anymore.

I'll be sure to post screenshots and videos the day after Japan release date. (because I wanted the physical copy, it should ship to me the day after)

Make sure to do it in a separate thread to not spoil those of us who want to be surprised. None of the material should cross over onto here. AND THAT INCLUDES IKE, Ana.

Part of me wants to guess they toss Bowser Jr. Shulk and Ganondorf out just so the leak doesn't totally steal every single fan's surprise. And then announce a vet or two.

Let's hope that they do that if it's real. It'll serve them fucking leakers right.

Really? I guess I stand corrected then. My bad.

I'm not surprised this Smash conference is closed. Nintendo is definitely aware of the recent leaks, so I bet they thought "why show them anymore when they've already seen so much?" Fucking leakers...

I dunno about that.

This report here shows that they are indeed very serious about the situation, but they seem to have nothing to say about the recent video. Could it be that they are deleting the videos to throw us off into thinking that these leaks are real?

Edited by PuffPuff

Let's hope that they do that if it's real. It'll serve them fucking leakers right.

Come on, that would be extremely childish on Nintendo's part. They are already suing the leaker if I heard right.

Come on, that would be extremely childish on Nintendo's part. They are already suing the leaker if I heard right.

That would be the case especially if he/she was an employee of Nintendo. How else could this possibly get stolen when it is near impossible to do so in companies and presidential computers?

Plus, it may cost the leaker his/her job if an employee there leaked it.