SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

That would be the case especially if he/she was an employee of Nintendo. How else could this possibly get stolen when it is near impossible to do so in companies and presidential computers?

Plus, it may cost the leaker his/her job if an employee there leaked it.

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have read, the leaker was an employee of Nintendo of America, and they have been both fired and sued for leaking this information.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Someone please correct me if I'm wrong but from what I have read, the leaker was an employee of Nintendo of America, and they have been both fired and sued for leaking this information.

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/2014/08/rumour_unconfirmed_smash_bros_footage_supposedly_shows_three_new_characters

Look at here.

...Or Here |

|

|

v

ALERT: potential spoilers!
Update:
The videos have been removed by Nintendo on copyright claims, which we're not surprised about in the least. The videos have been removed from the article but the original article will still allude to them.
Original Article:
Footage has emerged from an unknown source that appears to show three currently unconfirmed characters duking it out in Super Smash Bros. for Nintendo 3DS.
Usually here at Nintendo Life we don't report on rumours, but this footage is more compelling than your average supposed leak. The videos are compelling and – if proven to be true – narrows the remaining slots for fighters greatly.
Nintendo is usually extremely careful with its games, especially one as big as Smash Bros., so whoever recorded this footage is either very brave or very stupid, regardless of whether it is or isn't authentic.
The three characters in question are Shulk, Bowser Jr., and Ganondorf.
You can view all five videos below. Once again we cannot stress enough that all of these videos are unofficial and as such are in no way confirmation of the characters' presence within the game.
Do you believe these to be true, or is someone just very good with video effects? Let us know in the usual place.
This proves that this leak may be a fake.
Edited by PuffPuff

I do agree that there is a definite chance of the leak being fake, but what makes me lean towards it being real personally, is that in the leak, Shulk's model is completely different from his Xenoblade Chronicles model, which is the only model for Shulk ever made unless someone made one from scratch. (I know this because I rigged Shulk's model to Ike in Brawl, and I had all of the models Xenoblade ripped from the game itself, until the hard drive on my laptop died.)

EDIT: I still do have access to the models actually, I found them on my PM cache on KCMM

Edited by Kamina

Either way. Let's hope it's fake, so this puts us in some form of relief. Because....this is too overwhelming and upsetting. -.-

...And were thankful that Nintendo is careful with such an international game as this.

If it's fake - and I highly doubt it is at this point, but if it is - it is not a model someone made for a hack, it's a video recording someone hand-made. I'm not even sure how plausible that is, but it's much more likely than what we see being fan-made models of Bowser Jr. and Shulk.

Either way. Let's hope it's fake, so this puts us in some form of relief. Because....this is too overwhelming and upsetting. -.-

...And were thankful that Nintendo is careful with such an international game as this.

I do hope the leak is true (I want Shulk in really badly), but I wish they had held back on leaking it as I don't like all the trouble it's caused.

At this point, unless there is a massive conspiracy going on invovling NoA itself, the leak is at least mostly reliable. Some parts of the leak are totally confirmed true. Three Pics of the Day have perfectly matched menus we were shown first in leaked images. The odds that a leaker could perfectly fake a menu we've never seen before is astronomically low, let alone three of them. Other images from the same leak source include Wario, Shulk, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit, and the renders used there match the renders in the full roster leak, which actually predated the image leak. The bottom of the character select screen is also seen in the image leak, and it matches the earlier full roster leak perfectly.

Basically, the leaks are all deeply connected. Parts have been all but confirmed, which lends large amounts of credibility to all the other parts. And the videos of Shulk and Bowser Jr. are rock-solid evidence. If the vids are a hoax, it is one of the most ambitious and precise Brawl mods ever made. Entire teams of talented modders would struggle to make something like that, even given months to do so.

Currently, I am convinced of the validity of the large image leak, the CSS leak, and the video leaks. And for reference, I was one of the people who originally highly doubted the CSS leak.

At this point, unless there is a massive conspiracy going on invovling NoA itself, the leak is at least mostly reliable. Some parts of the leak are totally confirmed true. Three Pics of the Day have perfectly matched menus we were shown first in leaked images. The odds that a leaker could perfectly fake a menu we've never seen before is astronomically low, let alone three of them. Other images from the same leak source include Wario, Shulk, Ganondorf, and Dark Pit, and the renders used there match the renders in the full roster leak, which actually predated the image leak. The bottom of the character select screen is also seen in the image leak, and it matches the earlier full roster leak perfectly.

Basically, the leaks are all deeply connected. Parts have been all but confirmed, which lends large amounts of credibility to all the other parts. And the videos of Shulk and Bowser Jr. are rock-solid evidence. If the vids are a hoax, it is one of the most ambitious and precise Brawl mods ever made. Entire teams of talented modders would struggle to make something like that, even given months to do so.

Currently, I am convinced of the validity of the large image leak, the CSS leak, and the video leaks. And for reference, I was one of the people who originally highly doubted the CSS leak.

Edgeworth_Judgement.gif

Let's not forget...hacked Wii Brawls. They could have faked it from their hacked games. So...there's a 50-50 chance that this objection is overruled!

Edited by PuffPuff

Edgeworth_Judgement.gif

Let's not forget...hacked Wii Brawls. They could have faked it from their hacked games. So...there's a 50-50 chance that this objection is overruled!

Let's look at the Shulk models for a moment.

Compare the two:

Xenoblade Model in Brawl:

m3c87.jpg

Shulk in Smash 4 Leak:

54J68GA.png

The image quality for the leak isn't very good, but the biggest difference is the eyes, and the all around brighter texture. (The Monado doesn't matter because someone made a beamless version after I made mine)

Not to mention the SSB4 after match menu, which I do not think is in any Brawl Mod.

So at the very least, it's not a brawl mod.

Edited by Kamina

Not surprised no one posted today's pic of the day. I'm starting to get tired of all the Mii pics... I was also kind of expecting Ness, but I guess Sakurai doesn't care much for Mother/Earthbound.

Huh? I don't see any new trailer on the Japanese Smash site. O_o

But regardless, I'm sure we'll see an English trailer eventually.

It takes some time to update, but I see it.

Oh, I see. Does his model match the one in the leak? If so, we just got solid proof that it's real.

EDIT: Well, that answers that. :P

Edited by Anacybele