SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I haven't really played much of Xenoblade so I'm not too hyped for this reveal (though almost all of my smash friends are)

I'm a little peeved at Nintendo bringing out a new 3DS model though honestly they did pull this crap with the DS so I'm not surprised

I know I'm the weeb here, but I will probably always love the JP voices more.

Yeah, Shulk's english voice just seemed really odd to me

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I HEARD NORIO WAKAMOTO AT THE END. THERE IS NO CHOICE. JP VOICES NAO.

I mean, it'll be a lot nicer if there's a JP voice option...

I won't have to import a JP Wii U.

But, I'll have my JP Smash voices with my 3DS... and eventually that with the Wii U even if I have to wait if there's no option.

So, remember how there are not details on the English page about a Club Nintendo campaign?

http://club2.nintendo.com/smash-promo/

tumblr_nb2vprIm7Q1rmzb08o1_640.png

Looks like there are here:

http://www.smashbros.com/jp/soundtrack/

If you buy both the 3DS and Wii U version, and register them from Club Nintendo, you can get a special soundtrack.

It includes:

• The Menu Music
  • Super Mario 3D Land Theme/Ocean Theme
  • Rainbow Road Medley
  • Gerudo Valley
  • Star Wolf Theme/Sector Z
  • Kotobuki Land (Tortimer Island) from Animal Crossing
  • Running/Countdown BGM (?)
  • Multi-man mode music
  • and more
Edited by shadowofchaos

I'd go for Ike in swim shorts as long as they aren't silly like Chrom's. xP

Also, no one answered my question about where exactly Ike is using a blue fire Great Aether in that trailer. I really wanna see iiiit!

It's toward the end, when they're showing off all the final smashes

I agree, I prefer Shulk's Japanese VA a little more

This picture comes from that video:

kTpx6Kl.png

The Dorf is shown for about half a second. Smooth

Well,Ganondorf's in the game.No doubt about that because he was in the leak.. I would have preferred his Hyrule Wariors design because he looks completely badass in it.Plus,that hair's enough to have him join Mega Ampharos and Mega Altria in the Loriel club.

I'm a bit mad that they put in the DUCK HUNT DOG, OF ALL THINGS before RIDLEY. You know, the MOST REQUESTED SMASH BROS CHARACTER EVER. Come on, Nintendo. You don't need to be edgy like celebrities. Just take safe and supported routes.

I know I'm the weeb here, but I will probably always love the JP voices more.

Please do a subbed video like you did for Lucina. Marth is in there so it's relevant to Fire Emblem!

I'm replaying Xenoblade in JP actually. I like both sets. Though it was weird learning Riki's original voice is child-like.

Makes the reveal that he's a Daddypon more shocking

Edited by Jacien

Seems like I've been without the internet for the two worst possible weeks of the year when it comes to smash information. At least I seem to be only six hours late on the Shulk reveal.

This picture comes from that video:

kTpx6Kl.png

The Dorf is shown for about half a second. Smooth

Ganondorf would've been in anyways!

Still, it's nice to have a confirmation, especially from a reliable source. NoJ should watch EVERY bit that they're uploading! Still, I guess would've taken a while to notice that, since nobody mentioned it before.

I'm a bit mad that they put in the DUCK HUNT DOG, OF ALL THINGS before RIDLEY. You know, the MOST REQUESTED SMASH BROS CHARACTER EVER. Come on, Nintendo. You don't need to be edgy like celebrities. Just take safe and supported routes.

It's all up to what Sakurai wants the game to be. He just thinks that Duck Hunt Dog will be more fun to play as than Ridley. And Shulk and the other newcomers etc.

It's toward the end, when they're showing off all the final smashes

I agree, I prefer Shulk's Japanese VA a little more

Aaah, I found it, I found it! YEEEAAAAH!! THANK YOU SAKURAI YOU'RE THE BESSST!! Just give me a Vanguard alternate for my favorite hero and I'm set! PLZZ!! :D (well, I still would like to see Ragnell's ranged attack, but I've given up hope on that one. xP)

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

His sword trial effects are still red.

I noticed this too, but I don't care! THE FLAMES ARE BLUE THE FLAMES ARE BLUE THE FLAMES ARE BLUE :D

MOAR HYPE EXPLOSIOOON!!

WE12.jpg

Yeah, Shulk's english voice just seemed really odd to me

Was it the accent? Because the accents in that game were pretty good.

Xenoblade is a solid game though. I'm excited to see which tracks they put into the game, because its OST was amazing.

Edited by Lord Raven

I don't mind Shulk's English voice. But I do find it kind of weird that he sounds younger than male Robin, yet they look the same age to me... But then again, people of the same age can have very different sounding voices.

I like Duck Hunt Dog...

The only thing I'm really upset about this time is bringing back Dr. Mario but not Mewtwo. I mean, I know clones take less time than full characters, but Sakurai could've easily revamped Mewtwo by pretty much making him a clone of Lucario (for instance, having him be "Lucario without the aura", like Lucina is "Marth without the tipper"). He wouldn't have played exactly like he did in Melee, but Melee Mewtwo honestly didn't play that well (to put it mildly), and Lucario was pretty much "Mewtwo but without being so terrible" anyway.

Though I'm still holding out hope that the "second list" leak with Mewtwo, Ridley, Dixie Kong, Mach Rider, Impa, and the Chorus Men is real. Even though it doesn't make much sense for the ESRB to be given a picture of an incomplete character select screen.

But Shulk more than makes up for the characters that got in that I didn't want (not naming names, but there are several) or the characters that got cut.

But Shulk more than makes up for the characters that got in that I didn't want (not naming names, but there are several) or the characters that got cut.

Agreed. Shulk was all I wanted aside from Captain Falcon and Sonic.

I'm still holding out hope that Dixie Kong is indeed playable too, especially since that roster didn't really look complete because it was kinda weird how the characters were spread out.