SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Yes, but Sakurai has also said that it'd be weird to have Dr. Mario throwing fireballs rather than pills. He probably added him to the list because he'd be easier to bring back than Mewtwo or Roy. I don't really like the decision and I'm not even a Mewtwo OR Roy fan, but yeah.

Edited by Anacybele

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah it was very likely they were mostly done and Sakurai just went "Hey, people really liked Doctor Mario right? Let's throw him in, that'll only take a little while."

As for Smash Wii U possibly getting delayed, not too surprising. Brawl was delayed for almost two years so hey. I guess it's okay since the 3DS version can keep you busy until then. Unless you plan to only buy one and/or don't have a 3DS, in which case guess it's a waiting game.

I don't think it will be delayed. Sakurai is just pushing the 3DS version because its release is right around the corner. He'll give us a date for the Wii U one like right after, I bet.

And if Dr. Mario got in because there was extra time left, there's no reason for any delays. The game was complete. The Wii U version just takes a little more time to debug and junk.

Edited by Anacybele

It hasn't been confirmed that it's delayed, right? That wouldn't be good for Nintendo, especially since this would be the time to sell Wii U's. Brawl did fine without a Christmas release because most people had bought the Wii already, but not with the U. What specifically makes people think it's been delayed?

Posted (edited) · Hidden by Florete, September 4, 2014 - No reason given
Hidden by Florete, September 4, 2014 - No reason given

EDIT: Accidental double post, sorry.

Edited by Knight

It hasn't been confirmed that it's delayed, right? That wouldn't be good for Nintendo, especially since this would be the time to sell Wii U's. Brawl did fine without a Christmas release because most people had bought the Wii already, but not with the U. What specifically makes people think it's been delayed?

Paranoia due to the fact that there's still no release date even though it's about two or three months till holiday.

That is possible but I doubt it. There's a lot more fan demand for Roy and Mewtwo to come back than Doctor Mario. He's at the bottom of the barrel for removed newcomers. He's clearly the easiest to bring back because he takes the least amount of work but I highly doubt he was a character planned from day 1. We'll just have to see what Sakurai has to say when or if the character is officially revealed.

I wouldn't say that considering he was one of the forbidden 7 and his play style lives on in how Mario plays in Project M.

Yes Roy and Mewtwos bases are much larger but I don't think Doc has a small base by any means.

When is the Japanese release date? Also, how long do you think it will be for someone to unlock the full roster the minute the game comes out? I say 30 minutes.

il3YLe9L3kOjT.gif

As for the full roster, I have no idea. Depends how crazy some of the unlocks are in this time (I'm looking at you, Mewtwo)

Wow. Lyn is looking real nice this time around!

38xi5uB.jpg

Does anyone think FE could get another Assist Trophy, or will Lyn be the limit? Lucina + Robin seem to be pushing it, but I'd love more FE representation.

Considering the trophies, there's a possibility of Tharja or Tiki as an assist trophy, I think. But maybe not, they might just be in the gallery. I wouldn't mind Sigurd and his horse making an appearance as an assist, or even Jagen. One of the paladins to make one epic charge across the battlefield, lance in hand.

Wishful thinking, probably, but I want it to happen.

If another hasn't been shown yet, I'm thinking Lyn is probably it. Of course, you never know, as there could always be a batch of unlockable assist trophies like in Brawl that they're keeping under wraps. I'm not too sure about that, though, considering there are already more assist trophies announced for this game than Brawl had in total. I would love to see a character from the Jugdral or Magvel eras as an assist trophy, though. Or Anna.

Given how many trophies Zelda has now, especially compared to Mario (only Waluigi has been confirmed so far, I think), I definitely believe FE will get more than one assist trophy this time. I hope that we get Frederick and Elincia alongside Lyn. :D

When is the Japanese release date? Also, how long do you think it will be for someone to unlock the full roster the minute the game comes out? I say 30 minutes.

Someone needs to do actual research and use their brain..

Given how many trophies Zelda has now, especially compared to Mario (only Waluigi has been confirmed so far, I think), I definitely believe FE will get more than one assist trophy this time. I hope that we get Frederick and Elincia alongside Lyn. :D

Technically Waluigi is listed under the WarioWare series, as opposed to being listed under Mario in Brawl. But I see what you mean.

And by that definition, we can say Mario has no Assist Trophies yet, but that makes up for the HUGE amount of playable characters (counting spin-offs).

Technically Waluigi is listed under the WarioWare series

Are you sure? Because that makes zero sense given that Waluigi doesn't even appear in any Wario games while he DOES appear in Mario spinoffs. :/

Well, now that is REALLY weird. :/

Anyway, I just thought of something. If Elincia is indeed an assist trophy (and I pick her because she's a major character that would represent both Tellius games really well given her roles in both), Sakurai should show a pic of the day featuring Ike in a Vanguard alternate alongside her, killing two birds with one stone. :D Could also be considered an unofficial nod to Ike x Elincia shippers, hee hee.

I guess everyone just forgot Chain Chomp is an Assist Trophy.

And the demo also confirmed Lakitu and Hammer Bro. returning as ATs.

Chain Chomp is a Zelda character.