SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

New.........................

10/11 years ago.......I feel so old now.

New? Of course! That's only 11 years ago! (Well, compared to 34 years, that's a buttload).

And hey! You're just about 10 years older than me! Did you get a chance for Metroid: Zero Mission when it was just released?

New? Of course! That's only 11 years ago! (Well, compared to 34 years, that's a buttload).

And hey! You're just about 10 years older than me! Did you get a chance for Metroid: Zero Mission when it was just released?

yes and it's my favourite Metroid game. I like it better than super.

By the way, this should be the order in which you fight the characters in All Star mode:

- Mr. Game & Watch (G&W series, 1980)

- Pac-Man (Pac-Man, 1980)

- Donkey Kong (Donkey Kong, 1981)

- Mario (Donkey Kong, 1981)

- Luigi (Mario Bros., 1983)

- Duck Hunt (Duck Hunt, 1984)

- Little Mac (Punch Out, 1984)

- R.O.B. (ROB accessory, 1985)

- Bowser (Super Mario Bros., 1985)

- Peach (Super Mario Bros., 1985)

- Link (The Legend of Zelda, 1986)

- Ganondorf (The Legend of Zelda, 1986)

- Zelda (The Legend of Zelda, 1986)

- Samus (Metroid, 1987)

- Pit (Kid Icarus, 1987)

- Palutena (Kid Icarus, 1987)

- Mega Man (Mega Man, 1987)

- Marth (Fire Emblem: Dark Dragon and the Sword of Light, 1990)

- Dr. Mario (Dr. Mario 1990)

- Yoshi (Super Mario World, 1990)

- Captain Falcon (F-Zero, 1990)

- Sonic (Sonic the Hedgehog, 1991)

- Kirby (Kirby's Dreamland, 1992)

- King Dedede (Kirby's Dreamland, 1992)

- Wario (Super Mario Land 2: Six Golden Coins, 1992)

- Fox (Star Fox, 1993)

- Falco (Star Fox, 1993)

- Meta Knight (Kirby's Adventure, 1993)

- Ness (Earthbound, 1994)

- Diddy Kong (Donkey Kong Country, 1994)

- Pikachu (Pokemon Blue, 1996)

- Charizard (Pokemon Blue, 1996)

- Jigglypuff (Pokemon Blue, 1996)

- Sheik (The Legend of Zelda: Ocarina of Time, 1998)

- Villager (Animal Crossing, 2001)

- Pikmin & Olimar (Pikmin, 2001)

- Bowser Jr. (Super Mario Sunshine, 2002)

- Toon Link (The Legend of Zelda: The Wind Waker, 2002)

- Zero Suit Samus (Metroid: Zero Mission, 2003)

- Ike (Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance, 2005)

- Lucario (Pokemon Diamond/Pearl, 2007)

- Rosalina & Luma (Super Mario Galaxy, 2007)

- Wii Fit Trainer (Wii Fit, 2007)

- Shulk (Xenoblade Chronicles, 2010)

- Dark Pit (Kid Icarus Uprising, 2012)

- Robin (Fire Emblem Awakening, 2012)

- Lucina (Fire Emblem Awakening, 2012)

- Greninja (Pokemon X/Y, 2013)

Whew! That took a while. Feel free to make any corrections.

Great list but why are you listing Metroid and Kid Icarus as 1987? I thought it was pretty well known that Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus all debuted the same year (and Takamaru but no one cares about him :( ).

Great list but why are you listing Metroid and Kid Icarus as 1987? I thought it was pretty well known that Zelda, Metroid and Kid Icarus all debuted the same year (and Takamaru but no one cares about him :( ).

Eep, you're right! It's fixed now.

I thought he was like Sonic, Megaman, Snake, and Pac-Man. Is Xeonblade made by Nintendo?

It's made by Monolith but published/co-owned by Nintendo. So it's more like Pokemon (since Pokemon is made by GF/TPC but co-owned by Nintendo)

Well, today's pic of the day confirms one of the things from that one leak, where it said each character gets eight different palettes. But does this also deconfirm Bowser Jr. having the Koopalings as alternates since Sakurai said "colors" rather than "costumes"? Or maybe he's purposely being vague to surprise us. I hope it's the latter, because I obviously still want Vanguard Ike and Mr. L Luigi, and the former COULD possibly require a slightly different model for Ike.

But then again, I would've said the same about Skyward Sword Link, so... :P

Villagers "colors" are all different outfits. This clearly does not deconfirm anything.

Robin would have to be limited to their 1ST build since the other two would change height. And that's enough different to make someone a new character.

I see what you're saying, but... not necessarily.

I do agree the main difference between the different Robin's is the build (along with the hair), but Smash doesn't always follow the way games flow.

Robin cannot use Nosferatu (as a Tactician / Grandmaster) though he does in Smash. Sakurai does not have to change the build, he can just change the hair. And plus, there are 5 different hairstyles for each gender, each build. There's already 8 hairstyles from Build 1 Male + Female alone, so it wouldn't even be a problem for Sakurai.

I see what you're saying, but... not necessarily.

I do agree the main difference between the different Robin's is the build (along with the hair), but Smash doesn't always follow the way games flow.

Robin cannot use Nosferatu (as a Tactician / Grandmaster) though he does in Smash. Sakurai does not have to change the build, he can just change the hair. And plus, there are 5 different hairstyles for each gender, each build. There's already 8 hairstyles from Build 1 Male + Female alone, so it wouldn't even be a problem for Sakurai.

You're right on that. I wonder what selections Sakurai will choose.

Robin would have to be limited to their 1ST build since the other two would change height. And that's enough different to make someone a new character.

I wasn't talking about Robin there, but as Carter said, there are already multiple hair styles. There are also multiple eye styles and colors. There are 5 choices each for hair and eyes within each body type with 20 hair colors and we can assume that there will be 4 male and 4 female Robin alternates, so there's enough to take from to fill all the slots.

Wondered this too, since Monolith made games previously on the PS/2 called Xenogear/Xenosaga.And I didn't know if that made Shulk second party or?

It's because Nintendo bought Monolith in 2007. Their first project for Nintendo was Disaster Day of Crisis.

Wondered this too, since Monolith made games previously on the PS/2 called Xenogear/Xenosaga.And I didn't know if that made Shulk second party or?

Xenogears (at least, I don't know about Saga) wasn't made by Monolith. It was made by mostly the same people but it was a Square Enix game. They later left the company and formed Monolith themselves. Nintendo later bought Monolith so now they only make Nintendo games. This happens quite often really like Microsoft buying Rare. In fact GameFreak, the guys who make Pokemon weren't always owned by Nintendo. They made a game for the original Playstation which was released just before the first Smash Bros. which in a way makes Pikachu and Jigglypuff the first third party characters we've seen.

I think Monolith owns the rights to the Xeno series though I could be wrong. Each entry so far has been entirely separated from each other with only minor design choices connecting them. The title itself might not be unique enough to copyright in the same way. It'll be interesting if Xenogears and Xenosaga trophies appear in Smash 4.

Edited by Jotari

Remember how I said I was hoping the "Xenoblade characters commenting on the Shulk reveal" becomes a trend. Well, we already saw Reyn, Fiora, and Dunban. Here's the rest of the party members:

Sharla:

Melia:

Riki:

Shulk (Yes, someone made a video of Shulk commenting on his own reveal trailer):

Now I'm just waiting for villains and characters who don't join you. Give me a "Xord comments on Shulk's reveal trailer" video!

Wow, Shulk is shaping up to look like a really technical character. I'm interested, maybe I'll play as him sometimes.