SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I like Palutena's costumes, the Viridi, Medusa, and Hades-styled ones look amazing, although I sort of hoped her hair would change color to match them. Marth's Roy and Eliwood alternates are fantastic as well, although with the same gripe. Ike's Chrom/Sigurd one can't be beat though

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His last one seemed similar to Chrom, just color wise. And it's not like they're perfect 1:1 replications of past characters, it's just nods to past games, I don't know who it'd be if it wasn't Eliwood, I doubt the development team would include colors so similar to his coincidentally

Well yeah, they're not going to be exact, but if that was meant to be Chrom, I don't see why Ike doesn't have white/silvery armor rather than black. And the so-called Eliwood palette is actually Roy. I mistook it for Eliwood too, then I noticed the white on the boots. Like I said before.

Except Chrom doesn't wear black armor?

Perhaps its the small image, but to me his shoulder brace looks silver/grey to me. In addition, he's got the white and blue cape, the black pants, blue boots with silver lining and what seems to be (his arm and Ragnell are kinda in the way) a blue shirt with a white belt.

Looks like Chrom to me.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

There's an Eliwood and a Roy I thought, 8 and 6 respectively. Also I would compare Ike's costume to the Chrom we've seen in Robin's final smash, Lord Chrom, the colors match up much more closely, including the cape

Perhaps its the small image, but to me his shoulder brace looks silver/grey to me. In addition, he's got the white and blue cape, the black pants, blue boots with silver lining and what seems to be (his arm and Ragnell are kinda in the way) a blue shirt with a white belt.

Looks like Chrom to me.

I see black armor, and black pants, two things Chrom doesn't have. The only similarity I do see is the cape. But it could just be how tiny the image is.

EDIT: 8 is Roy, actually. Matches him a lot more than 6 does. As for 6 itself, it doesn't look anything like Eliwood to me. And I LIKE Eliwood and wanted an Eliwood coloration for Marth...

Edited by Anacybele

Does Zelda have two versions of OoT Zelda...?

BL1bqV5.png

(One is a darker violet, like the Hyrule Warriors DLC. One is pink, resembling Melee Zelda). Or are those supposed to be two different Zelda's...? Honestly, the 7th costume just looks like a brighter version of the 4th one.

EDIT: 8 is Roy, actually. Matches him a lot more than 6 does. As for 6 itself, it doesn't look anything like Eliwood to me. And I LIKE Eliwood and wanted an Eliwood coloration for Marth...

Its funny, because while I'm sure you're right that it's meant to be Roy, it ends up looking more like Eliwood because Roy has a breastplate that Marth does not. Plus, his coat comes down close to his knees like Eliwood's (Roy's stops hear his waist).

The more I look at the two, if the costume had red hair I would've sworn Eliwood had joined the battle.

EDIT: Actually, his arms and hands look more like Roy than Eliwood (Eliwood wears a long-sleeve), which is a detail that I missed the first time.

Edited by Radiant Dragon

Does Zelda have two versions of OoT Zelda...?

BL1bqV5.png

(One is a darker violet, like the Hyrule Warriors DLC. One is pink, resembling Melee Zelda). Or are those supposed to be two different Zelda's...? Honestly, the 7th costume just looks like a brighter version of the 4th one.

I thought 4 is supposed to be WW!Zelda, and 7 as Melee!Zelda.

Of course, that's probably me hallucinating because WW is my second favorite video game after Dragon Quest VI, so.

Edited by Glaceon Mage

Maybe I just got my hopes up too high for my mains, but I still can't believe the disappointment I got with their alts while I got plenty of colors I like for my secondaries (Toon Link, Link, Rosalina, Robin, and even Charizard ALL have alts I really really like. Hell, I'll be swapping between three different Rosalina palettes). I'm glad Fire Luigi is still around for me to use though. And Ike's Greil alt does look nice, but I wouldn't use it. I still like his Hero look better because it's more colorful.

Sakurai, DLC alts plz...if not unlockable ones. :(

Edited by Anacybele

What bother's me most about the alts is that Lucina and Robin's hair colors change to match their costumes, but Marth's doesn't for his Roy and Leif costumes. Other than that, I'm very happy with the alts.

I found that rather odd as well. Ike's hair doesn't change to match Greil's in his Greil alt either.

Right, I forgot about that one.

Edited by Shulk

I personally am bothered that Peach & Rosalina don't get ponytails to go along with their Fire Flower alts... especially since other characters got different models (WFT, Olimar). Hair is much simpler than THAT.

But, I think I'll get over it soon. I like Peach's natural pink color, and Rosalina's blue so it's all good. And they also have matching palette swaps. (Both have pink, green, blue, red, fire flower, black / gold).

What I don't get is that why people take every chance to complain about things such as hair color changes to their favorite characters/mains.

So what if Lucina has hair color changes? She and Robin are getting THE MOST attention in the FE fandom because they are the most recent.

It does not have to be "fair".

And you guys aren't going to care about that 6 months from now.

I see a decent amount of actual discussion about costumes, but I also see a lot of posts that are simply bellyaching that *specific detail here* wasn't included in *costume of character here*

Edited by shadowofchaos

I don't get why you think the most recent should matter more. Isn't Smash about Nintendo HISTORY, not Nintendo's newest stuff?

Heck, I don't get why you're complaining about anything at all. We didn't like a few things about the costumes, so what? And it isn't like anyone is saying that these details are completely ruining the game.

Edited by Anacybele

Rosalina's black and gold palette will be my main palette with her. Looks 2pro4me.

I'm also in love with the inspiration for Palutena's alts, being Viridi, Medusa and Hades.

Can't wait for the translations of this.

EDIT: I recall reading somewhere that a WIi U release date will be announced in one of the upcoming streams. I can't find it, but I wouldn't be surprised if it did happen.

9RyLC2Z.jpg

Nice dance there, Palutena.

Edited by Doofina

What I don't get is that why people take every chance to complain about things such as hair color changes to their favorite characters/mains.

So what if Lucina has hair color changes? She and Robin are getting THE MOST attention in the FE fandom because they are the most recent.

I see a decent amount of actual discussion about costumes, but I also see a lot of posts that are simply bellyaching that *specific detail here* wasn't included in *costume of character here*

People are complaining about hair changing? From when I skim-read it seemed like people were doing the opposite and complaining about the alts the hair didn't also change for.

Edit:Oh hey I did a clever and quoted your post twice

Edited by Mikethfc

Because it's annoying to see such effort put into some characters but not others. Why did Lucina get hair color changes while Marth didn't? Why did Mario get special costumes but Luigi didn't?

I personally don't mind too much but I see where the annoyance comes from. It would suck to be a person who really cares about having outfit choices and then see the characters you care about the most get a pittance compared to others.

People are complaining about hair changing? From when I skim-read it seemed like people were doing the opposite and complaining about the alts the hair didn't also change for

I meant to say "lack of hair changes".

It's an insignificant detail.

You have callbacks to your favorite characters relevant to the smash character's game.

Do the details really matter THAT much?

Lucina and Robin get special treatment because they're getting hype. It's NATURAL for that to happen.

Nitpicking that Ike doesn't have Greil's hair like Ana is doing and comparing it to how Lucina does for her palettes WHICH ARE SUPER POPULAR FREAKING WAIFUS is quite the impractical expectation.

Isn't Smash about Nintendo HISTORY, not Nintendo's newest stuff?

And not everyone gets the same level of treatment. You know that.

Expecting Ike gets SUPER INSIGNIFICANT details that not many people would know of is out there.

You should be happy he has the palette. Who cares about his hair?

It's on the same level as people complaining that Takamaru wasn't playable.

It would suck to be a person who really cares about having outfit choices and then see the characters you care about the most get a pittance compared to others.

You can't really make everyone happy. Especially with something as sensitive as Smash.

I love Smash as much as the next person, but people are too invested in small details with this game.

Remember Lucina's brand in her eye? I'd imagine there'd be SOME people complaining that wasn't there once the game was out and people found out there wasn't one there.

Edited by shadowofchaos