SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*Pat's Ana*

It's cool Ana, we as people screw up all the time. Try not to take it that personally

Yeah, but sometimes I feel I screw up a little too much... But yeah, I should be a little more thick-skinned and a little less defensive.

I say that's the greatest bug ever too lol. Since I've never liked Peach at all. :P

Hopefully they can fix that bug soon, I want to beat people up as my Peach ;-;

I seemed to be especially good at thrashing Ike in Brawl ;3

I hope you didn't say that to try to annoy me...

The point here was that Ana made a post obviously expressing dislike of a character, but when someone else possibly does the same thing for a character she likes, she complains that it's just to annoy her.

I can see where other people's annoyance comes from.

That aside, though, it is a pretty funny glitch. Peach too OP.

I hope the glitch is fixed, not because I like Peach, but because there are people who do. Also I think Ana's post was kinda meant to be a joke this time...

Yeah... I gotto admit I found the glitch hilarious... "you want to play Peach? YOU CAN'T DO THAT, TOO OP" *ban* ... at least thats how it went in my head.

More than a bit mean-spirited, although I knew she didn't mean to be taken seriously

The Ike thing was honestly meant to tease her a little, but I wasn't lying when I said I beat him a lot either way ~o3o~

Jumping straight to the defensive wasn't the best way to handle it though...

I find this glitch to be hilariously ironic, considering that I used to have serious trouble approaching Peach players in the past games.

Speaking of which, I have a bit of advice that I feel some people out there (not just Ana) should consider:

Not everything needs an opinion. And some opinions are better kept to yourself.

Yeah, I was partly joking too, actually. I didn't think I'd be taken seriously either...

I didn't outright say Kon was trying to annoy me, I was saying I HOPED he wasn't. Not that he definitely was...

Edited by Anacybele

Yeah, I was partly joking too, actually. I didn't think I'd be taken seriously either...

I didn't outright say Kon was trying to annoy me, I was saying I HOPED he wasn't. Not that he definitely was...

It's alright Ana, just gotta keep improving yourself and all that jazz ~o3o~

And, um, I'm not a boy o3o

So apparently Peach is so good in this game that you get banned for dishonest play for using her online.

...I'm not joking.

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2014/sep/13/super-smash-bros-3ds-players-smacked-1-day-ban-online-playing-peach/

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Oh man...thats actually hilarious. However, i do hope its fixed when the game crosses the pond...

Hopefully they can fix that bug soon, I want to beat people up as my Peach ;-;

I seemed to be especially good at thrashing Ike in Brawl ;3

Srsly. I main Peach a lot so i need her to not be all glitchy. Peach's main target(s) usually are Meta Knight, DeDeDe, and Captain Falcon. LET THE SMASHING COMMENCE!

I agree with Ana in this case. This thread is probably 70% Ana bashing for her opinions. Even if the drama is usually self-caused, I think she's taken enough of it. Just sit your asses down and drink your goddamn tea.

I am sitting down and drinking my goddamn tea, thank you very much. Maybe if thou calmest thine own mammaries, things would go all the smoother.

Hey Ana, i was playing Melee last night (as a comparison to the new game's physics) and realized how ridiculous Luigi was in that game. I hope hes just as good in this one. That piledriving dair....dang.

Hey Ana, i was playing Melee last night (as a comparison to the new game's physics) and realized how ridiculous Luigi was in that game. I hope hes just as good in this one. That piledriving dair....dang.

He was high tier in that game? Man, if I'd known that, I might've played it more often and tried entering tournaments. :P But yeah, I hope Luigi is just as good in SSB 3DS/Wii U because he kept getting lower and lower on Brawl's tier list, to the point where even Ike was way higher. And Ike was previously my lowest tiered character.

He was high tier in that game? Man, if I'd known that, I might've played it more often and tried entering tournaments. :P But yeah, I hope Luigi is just as good in SSB 3DS/Wii U because he kept getting lower and lower on Brawl's tier list, to the point where even Ike was way higher. And Ike was previously my lowest tiered character.

Not sure about high tier cuz i dont give a snot about stuff like that. But Luigi was very good if in the hands of a player who knew how to exploit his moves. I learned how to use Luigi in Melee because my friend Truxton used him to great effect. Luigi's down special was fun cuz Luigi has like, no traction and he would just slide all other the place (if you tilt) with spam. Luigi's side aerial was awesome too. Melee physics did allow for Luigi to move quicker. Since Smash4 has similar physics, im hoping for some Luigi goodness.

Oh wow I see lol. I remember that Luigi's bad traction made him the only character immune to Diddy's combos in Brawl. I loved that because Diddy's combos annoyed the fuck out of me. xP

Edited by Anacybele

Oh wow I see lol. I remember that Luigi's bad traction made him the only character immune to Diddy's combos in Brawl. I loved that because Diddy's combos annoyed the fuck out of me. xP

ahahha Diddy was a spammy bastard.

I feel like im gonna love this game more than i liked Brawl. "Im really feeling it."

Im keeping a keen eye on the tier lists that arise. Why? So i can find the lowest tier character and use them to humiliate. Hue~

I hear that now you can attack Diddy Kong's banana peels to make them disappear (and that he can only have one out at a time). That's one disadvantageous matchup cleared for me.

But you can say that about practically any character.

Yes you can. Which is why i find tier lists rather erroneous for the most part. So much time and energy and it can even be rendered mostly useless simply due to a skilled hand. Tiers work if judging characters in a vacuum, but every player is different. Someone can suck hideous balls with a high tier character and someone can rock your casbah with the lowest tier character.

Yes you can. Which is why i find tier lists rather erroneous for the most part. So much time and energy and it can even be rendered mostly useless simply due to a skilled hand. Tiers work if judging characters in a vacuum, but every player is different. Someone can suck hideous balls with a high tier character and someone can rock your casbah with the lowest tier character.

Tiers are based on the highest level of play. No one's going to be beating Mew2King's Sheik with Pichu or Kirby, or Ken's Marth with Bowser or something. People have analyzed these things to death to see which characters are good against which others; that's how tier lists exist. Yeah, sometimes lower ranked characters come out and surprise people a bit (I've seen Luigi and Yoshi be used in competitive Melee and they're both average at best), but the players who rank the highest are always using the highest-ranked characters because they have the most advantages.

Speaking of which, I heard that there were more Ganondorf players in Brawl who have reached high standings recently and one particular player won an actual tournament using only Ganondorf. Some people are now saying that characters like Zelda are worse than Ganon because of that.