SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

I've already mentioned this before, but I think if a Snake returns to Smash it will be Big Boss. He's been in the spotlight more than Solid Snake recently, and it could provide an interesting change in his moveset while keeping the same feel. I think Big Boss would probably have the Patriot gun in his moveset, it's probably the second most iconic item from the series behind the cardboard box. That would be interesting.

huge mega charizard x fan though. standalone character gogogo

Didn't he have an alternate color scheme that was sort of like Big Boss? I seem to recall that.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've already mentioned this before, but I think if a Snake returns to Smash it will be Big Boss. He's been in the spotlight more than Solid Snake recently, and it could provide an interesting change in his moveset while keeping the same feel. I think Big Boss would probably have the Patriot gun in his moveset, it's probably the second most iconic item from the series behind the cardboard box. That would be interesting.

huge mega charizard x fan though. standalone character gogogo

His name is just Snake in the game. But I think Solid Snake is the iconic incarnation so it's the one they will use.

His camouflage palettes made him look like Big Boss I think.

Didn't he have an alternate color scheme that was sort of like Big Boss? I seem to recall that.

The Snake they use actually looks a lot more like Big Boss in MGS2 Solid Snake's clothing and no eye patch. Solid Snake has little facial hair. Although, the codec calls pretty much confirm it's Solid Snake, which is funny considering the portrait used in the calls looks nothing like Brawl Snake.

His hands look kinda wooden

Sweet blaster/cartridge, though

Edited by Rehab

Nice details there on the blaster, his "scouter" also seems to have text running along it.

Clearly he's screaming about the fact that his blaster's power level is over 9000 *shot*

Clearly he's screaming about the fact that his blaster's power level is over 9000 *shot*

I shouldn't have laughed but I did lol.

Looks like Slippy upgraded Team Star Fox's blasters I wonder what Falco's and Wolf's will look like now.

I've actually heard speculation that this indicates that Fox's blaster can either:

a)Switch between Melee "spam mode" and "64 mode."

or

b)Overheat after too much spam.

I've actually heard speculation that this indicates that Fox's blaster can either:

or

I was reading some stuff over on Smashboards like that yeah. Would be cool if it was maybe both? Like using it too much in a row would overheat but it could swap modes

Consensus on Smashboards is that it's a fake. Apparently the text on the character icons is different that what we've seen, and the pose Pikachu is in is ripped from another picture.

If it is fake, it is very convincing though. I'd like to know where they got the Mewtwo Y model and artwork from.

Hmmm... I noticed that Mewtwo's box is bigger than Luigi's box.

It may be because the side with Mewtwo's HUD icon is closer to the camera's than Luigi's is. But it might not be.

or

overheating makes sense since Mega Man can overheat.

Maybe he can either spam it or charge it? Like the lasers in Star Fox.

the pic is fake

Probably fake considering Mewtwo's popularity. Still, I'd say he's the most likely character to be the next Pokemon reveal, followed by Keldeo and Lucario.

Legitimately came in here to say this. Anyone think King Dedede will return?

Did you just seriously ask that.

I mean really, of course he'll be back

Legitimately came in here to say this. Anyone think King Dedede will return?

I see no reason why he shouldn't.

And until I see actual proof, from an actual source, I'm gonna assume that image is fake. Believable as it may look

Edited by Hero-King

What, no, why, how

I can't.

I've already explained before, but I guess I'll explain again. Star of the most recently released Pokemon movie (besides Mewtwo and Genesect's, which is a reason Mewtwo holds the most priority, imo), would be very unique due to being quadrupedal and using a fighting style that involves his hooves and horn. Has an obvious potential Final Smash (Resolute form + Secret Sword), and it wouldn't be hard to give him a complete moveset. He's a Fighting type too.