SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@N7
Soon. Got challenges to do before I do any brawling.

135? I'm at 134. What I've got left is:
All headgear
All-star, all characters on hard
View every character's final smash
Collect 700 trophies
Destroy 50k blocks in target blast
And 450k?(don't remember the exact number) Score on target blast stage 3

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RQ3CQcPuu1U

The 700 trophy one will be pretty hard as there are only 716 trophies in the entire game which the 3DS version had

----

The 450k point challenge is easy if you can hit the blocks from top to bottom and having the pieces land on one another with the explosions to rid the rest of them. I've racked over 500000 points this way with Pac-Man and had both the 300000 Pac-Man and 450k point challenges completed! Nintendo is already doing a great job at showing off their anniversary of the greatest Nintendo franchises (and why that it is such an inevitable series than any other) and am looking forward to at least getting 700 trophies.

Edited by PuffPuff

Now having trouble with the 3 Diddy Kong Rival KO challenge along with 4 Rival KO. If there is some way to have Diddy Kong KO his rival 4 times both of these challenges can get completed in one go...?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wALiILjowEw

I did this to complete the 85 Point Rival challenge as GameXplain always shows it in a way to thoroughly explain it enough to easily understand as for most vids out there are just plain gameplay. Already climbed to 119/140 challenges completed with no hammers. Now being only around the insane challenges(That aren't for everybody. Is why hammers exists for the littler less experienced audiences.), (Like the All-Star on hard with everyone) better get lots of advil ready. -.-

-Clear Classic on intensity 9.0 without losing a life:
-Play as Lucina and score 8 or more KOs alone in Cruel Smash:(Done!) (You have to be alone)
-Play as Pit and score 4 or more KOs alone in Cruel Smash(Done!) (You have to be alone)
-Clear Solo Classic in 12 minutes on intensity 9.0 with Marth: (You have to be alone)
-Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters:
-Clear All Star on Hard with 8 characters
-Clear True solo All Star on Hard (You have to be alone)
-Clear True solo All Star on Hard with Ike (You have to be alone)
-Clear True solo All Star with Duck Hunt on Hard. (You have to be alone)
-Clear Classic on intensity 9.0 without any customization's: (You have to be alone)
-Clear Crazy Orders after 20 or more turns with Mario:(Done!)
-Play Cruel Smash alone with Luigi and survive for 1 minute:(Done!) (You have to be alone)
-Clear Classic on intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters:
-Hit the Sandbag between 1,640 and 1,656 ft. with ROB in Home-Rune Contest: Dr. Light trophy(Done!) (You have to be alone)
-Rival KO 3 times Diddy Kong (You have to be alone)
-Rival KO 4 times (You have to be alone)
-Obtain all Mii Headgear
-Obtain all Custom Moves
How are the younger audiences going to accomplish these?! Especially with ones that cannot be broken open with a hammer? With help from their older siblings?! With unorthodox Thracia776 AI to make it even worse. -.-
At least were getting some Japan difficulty here. The All Star mode is even harder on Normal than on Hard for the 3DS. If you don't got different patterns (Not everyone does) then the AI will be one step ahead of you.
This game should be rated T for it not being for everybody. Plain and simple. -.-
The 3DS version was set in a way for younger audiences to finish as the AI was alot weaker and the challenges were alot easier.
Edited by PuffPuff

Why would you think game difficulty should factor into it's rating? Making it T because of difficulty seems really stupid to me, just saying. Besides, have you forgotten that younger audiences are capable of learning just as easily as older audiences?

Now if Tharja's trophy was kept in the game then yeah it should be rated T.

Besides, have you forgotten that younger audiences are capable of learning just as easily as older audiences?

Isn't it that younger people learn more easily than older folk?

That's what my mom has always told me. I've started learning piano when I was 6, and I continue to play to this day. But she's tried when she was around 40, and she couldn't really do it at all. She could play happy birthday and jingle bells, but she couldn't catch up to my skill level.

KSDafWh.jpg

Wave 4 Amiibos have been revealed. Dark Pit's Amiibo is vey wide, when you include the staff. Ness looks good, in my opinion

Edited by DodgeDusk

Lucina before Robin? That doesn't make any sense to me. She IS more popular overall, but Robin was the bigger reveal. :/

Similarly, Dark Pit before Palutena doesn't make sense to me either. Though Palutena WOULD be harder to create.

Edited by Anacybele

Isn't it that younger people learn more easily than older folk?

That's what my mom has always told me. I've started learning piano when I was 6, and I continue to play to this day. But she's tried when she was around 40, and she couldn't really do it at all. She could play happy birthday and jingle bells, but she couldn't catch up to my skill level.

Pretty much the classic saying of "You can't teach an old dog new tricks."

I definitely lost all my abilities to play intensive reflex games once I have gotten older and my abilities to react to things aren't as good as I was when I was a child. The learning process is definitely much more difficult to adapt to certain tasks once you get older.

I knew something about this "set" was funky. Like I said, I cannot imagine Dark Pit and Lucina coming before Palutena and Robin. I also can't see unlockable characters coming before any default ones. I think so far, all of the released and upcoming Amiibos are for default characters.

Another thing, if Lucina and Dark Pit are in the same set, I'd think Dr. Mario would join them. They're the three clones. :P

Edited by Anacybele

KSDafWh.jpg

Wave 4 Amiibos have been revealed. Dark Pit's Amiibo is vey wide, when you include the staff. Ness looks good, in my opinion

Mr. Game and Watch is posed like his Brawl artwork. You sure that's real? (Unless it happens to be a placeholder image.) Edited by Kiseki

Technically it's not yet confirmed as fake, it is suggested to be fake since there has been no confirmation on Nintendo's part, and as Ana says, it's really weird to launch an Amiibo figurine of a hidden/unlockable character over a default one.

Mr. Game and Watch is posed like his Brawl artwork. You sure that's real? (Unless it happens to be a placeholder image.)

My mate linked me to it, and he's mostly reliable. But, seeing that MGAW's model is his brawl render, it might be fake

Yeah, I'm calling fake. Three unlockable characters (4 if you count Ness) before the likes of Palutena, Robin, Charizard, and pretty much every other starter just isn't right. I mean, I'm sure there's no rule that states "starters must be released before unlockables," but the only unlockables I can see being released within the next wave are Wario and Falco.

I haven't used any hammers yet and I have two left, the hardest ones: collect all specials moves and collect all hats.

Wow, and here I was thinking I was the closest to completing all the challenges on the Wii U Smash Bros on SF. Well, I've got three more left since I completed Kirby's Crazy Appetite on Hard and got all the Solo Event Match rewards. I'm working on the 50,000 Trophy Rush blocks and after that I'll be at the same point you're at.

Well, may the best man/woman win. I'll definitely take a Miiverse screenshot of my completed challenges board once I get it, which I'll add to my collection of completionist Miiverse screenshots which has my "All 80 Gold Medals on New Super Mario Bros. U Challenge Mode" screen, "Max lives with a 5 star file with 0 lives lost on Super Mario 3D World" screen, "200% on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze" screen, and "9999 VR on Mario Kart 8" screen.

This game should be rated T for it not being for everybody. Plain and simple. -.-

The 3DS version was set in a way for younger audiences to finish as the AI was alot weaker and the challenges were alot easier.

I'd respectfully have to disagree with you there. The ESRB is there only to ensure that younger audiences don't play games that contain character/story/world/object material that are inappropriate for them, not difficulties that are too inappropriate.

Though I will admit, a few years back I found it really weird that Donkey Kong Country Returns had an E Rating and Kirby's Return to Dream Land had an E10+ Rating, despite the latter being aimed for kids skill-wise and the former being aimed for teens/adults/veteran gamers skill-wise.

KSDafWh.jpg

I feel like it's fake due to Game & Watch not being in his SSB4 pose and the choices for the 4th wave being really off. I'm sure they're prioritize starter characters over unlockable, especially since the first 3 waves had no secret characters whatsoever. Also, Dark Pit being released before Palutena seems really off.

Wow, and here I was thinking I was the closest to completing all the challenges on the Wii U Smash Bros on SF. Well, I've got three more left since I completed Kirby's Crazy Appetite on Hard and got all the Solo Event Match rewards. I'm working on the 50,000 Trophy Rush blocks and after that I'll be at the same point you're at.

Well, may the best man/woman win. I'll definitely take a Miiverse screenshot of my completed challenges board once I get it, which I'll add to my collection of completionist Miiverse screenshots which has my "All 80 Gold Medals on New Super Mario Bros. U Challenge Mode" screen, "Max lives with a 5 star file with 0 lives lost on Super Mario 3D World" screen, "200% on Donkey Kong Country Tropical Freeze" screen, and "9999 VR on Mario Kart 8" screen.

Not that I'm racing per se, but you'll probably win since I'm not actively going for them. I'll also be away from my Wii U for a week starting a few days after Christmas.

I've got four challenges left:

All-star on hard with all characters

700 trophies (This one will be cleared as I finish up the rest of all-star)

450k on target blast stage 3

Collect all headgear (Anyone know how many there are?)

I still have a few challenges left on the 3DS version, and many to do on the Wii U version. Then again, I play For Glory most of the time anyways.

Edit: Those wave 4 amiibos could be fake for reasons already stated. Also, Greninja looks wider than usual.

Edited by Dark Legend Vampire

KSDafWh.jpg

CpP9lvM.jpg

Looks like Lucina's body in that pic might have been taken from the Lucina figma.

Yeah, I'm calling fake, too.

Anyways... Any good way to KO the rival 4 times? I tend to be able to KO them twice in a run if I'm lucky, but then I've incurred too much damage to get more than that before going down. Doesn't help that most of my best characters have good recovery (Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, (Dark) Pit, Palutena)...

Edited by Levant Caprice