SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This game should be rated T for it not being for everybody. Plain and simple. -.-

The 3DS version was set in a way for younger audiences to finish as the AI was alot weaker and the challenges were a lot easier.

The ratings only pertain to the amount of sexual/violent/adult themes in the game, not the difficulty.

If the NES version of Battletoads was released today, it would probably get an E10 rating at most.

Fake.

It's Pac-Man, not Pac Man.

It's possible that the dash be hiding behind his huge, yellow head. Also, I'm sure most people don't bother with the dash, anyway.

Edited by NinjaMonkey

It's possible that the dash be hiding behind his huge, yellow head. Also, I'm sure most people don't bother with the dash, anyway.

The dash isn't on the name in the top right corner either.

And his official name is Pac-Man. With the dash. No official Pac-Man product has the name without the dash. It's not something you simply "don't bother with".

Isn't it that younger people learn more easily than older folk?

That's what my mom has always told me. I've started learning piano when I was 6, and I continue to play to this day. But she's tried when she was around 40, and she couldn't really do it at all. She could play happy birthday and jingle bells, but she couldn't catch up to my skill level.

I forgot that older people have a harder time at learning new things especially if they're past 50.

I've got four challenges left:

All-star on hard with all characters

700 trophies (This one will be cleared as I finish up the rest of all-star)

450k on target blast stage 3

Collect all headgear (Anyone know how many there are?)

You start with 7....so there are 48.

I've done about 50 or so challenges on the Wii U version. :P

I haven't made them a huge priority, I'm trying to get good at the game first. lol

Your gonna need it. lol
The game tests you big time!

Anyways... Any good way to KO the rival 4 times? I tend to be able to KO them twice in a run if I'm lucky, but then I've incurred too much damage to get more than that before going down. Doesn't help that most of my best characters have good recovery (Peach, Zelda, Rosalina, (Dark) Pit, Palutena)...

That is why that those rival challenges are so difficult. -.-
It's even worse that your rival has good 9.0 intensity anticipation. The trick with Mr. Game and Watch may work that you have him rope and key his opponents. But...you only defeat your rival once with a score of 85 upon average this way. How to stay alive for that long without customs is going to be really something.
Edited by PuffPuff

I would say Little Mac's KO Uppercut...(Since this is basically a 1 vs 4 stock match on Intensity 9.0) Don't let him get launched far, or he's toast.

But...this won't clear the Diddy Kong 3 KO rival challenge, however.

Edited by PuffPuff

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lh5bZFFZrn8

Seeing this vid of it only shows that it takes experience from Diddy Kong to do and of pure luck. Not exactly a surefire strategy of clearing this challenge which GameXplain doesn't have any of...yet.

Just did them. First try today. It was easy. It was all a matter of using the items that the stage gives you while strafing around the Mii's letting them damage the rival getting you to do the finishing blow when the rival is above 80% damaged! Managed to knock the Diddy Kong rival out three times while the rival could not recover from the fourth fall. Would have got 5 KO's but the rival managed to throw me as I was avoiding a smart bomb. Managed to get the 4 KO's and have killed two birds with one stone. ...And both of these prizes are quite desirable. :D

Edited by PuffPuff

I only got 18 left before I'm done. :D

-Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without losing a single life.xM2LH2.jpg

-Clear Solo Classic in 12 minutes on intensity 9.0 with Marth.

-Collect all custom moves.

-Collect all Mii headgear.

-Clear All-Star on Hard with all characters.
-Destroy a total of 50,000 or more blocks in Trophy Rush.
-Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on normal or higher while playing as Captain Falcon without healing between rounds.
-Collect over 300,000GxM2LH2.jpg
-Collect 700 unique trophies.
-Clear Classic at intensity 9.0 without any customizations.
-Start the final battle with 10 fighters in Smash Tour.
-Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on hard while playing as Duck Hunt.xM2LH2.jpg
-Clear the true All-Star mode on normal difficulty or higher without healing between rounds.xM2LH2.jpg
-Clear the true Solo All-Star mode without recovering health between rounds while playing as Zero Suit Samus.
-Clear Classic at intensity 7.0 or higher with all characters.
-Clear All-Star on hard difficulty with 8 or more characters.
-Clear the true Solo All-Star mode on hard while playing as Ike.
-Clear the true All-Star mode on hard difficulty.xM2LH2.jpg

Turns out my mom got me Zelda's Amiibo... Bleh. I don't like her. I don't dislike her, but I don't like her either. Although if this had been Skyward Sword Zelda or Toon Zelda, this would be another story entirely, but it's boring TP Zelda (she has a nice design...that's it, imo). I'm probably going to sell her to someone else.

When my mom said she got me an Amiibo that's hard to find, I was guessing either Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, or Marth. Marth was my main guess because she knows I like FE. I would've kept Marth, I like him enough to keep him. But TP Zelda? No thank you.

Zelda actually isn't hard to find either, we have a lot of her where I work.

I applaud my mom for trying though, because she was unable to get me Luigi in time. And she never knew that I don't actually like Zelda herself (except for Toon Zelda and Skyward Sword Zelda). Just the games she appears in. So I don't hold this against her.

Another thing... How am I supposed to get a Perfect on Target Blast??? It sounds like it's a serious pain in the rear, even on level 1...

Edited by Levant Caprice

Another thing... How am I supposed to get a Perfect on Target Blast??? It sounds like it's a serious pain in the rear, even on level 1...

You let the bomb go off on top and have the pieces fly to one another. But...it's pretty much luck in order to pull off one.

-----

j657.jpg

*sniff* ;_;

lWcrrc.jpg

Spent three days and finally have given up on this challenge. There's just almost no way that you can get 10 fighters in Smash Tour. The slightest of anything can get you to lose your fighters. Losing any battle, colliding into another player, POW Blocks, Banzai Bill, etc. Even if you win, you still can lose them just as easily on the map. If you have over 5 fighters, the slightest of nearly anything can get you to lose them. I'm not high tier in Smash Bros like RedFox, Randoman, youtubers and them are...never will. Even the clear True All-Star without healing challenges are alot harder than the Hard Mode ones. Captain Falcon/Samus already gets badly damaged by round 5 that even a slight attack can end it. It's no wonder those challenges are above others. Well...the Samus one can be done on Easy which have got done in two tries. The Captain Falcon one will take good practice as I'll try that one as I must get better for the worser challenges/online battles.

Edited by PuffPuff

That one is really easy. Set all of them to Player controlled and control all four players yourself to ensure someone gets 10 fighters.

That would be easy with an Adaptar only that many of us don't have one! :I

-----

Sadly, even on Easy Mode of All-Star, I was giving it everything that I have as I'm not so good with ZSS. Even on Easy...the AI is still deadly. The AI is indeedy OP like Smash 64. Hard is proven to be a real test as even with characters I'm best at...still didn't make it past round 4-5(did like 50 attempts)...as the AI gets too radical to control as they perform even better than the most skilled fighters online that I've battled. I've noticed that the normal/hard AI has a nasty habit of surrounding you and beating the tar out of and dodging in mid-air. Even with strafing, they can sometimes counter with a powerful projectile with excellent timing. Oh...I've forgot. -.-

I only played as Ike in it and he does leave himself open which he can never attack around a nasty group. Only losing with Captain Falcon as doing this on Normal with no healing is even harder than originally playing on hard. It wouldn't be above some of those All-Star hard challenges for nothing. Never repeat the same thing, or the AI will thwart.

Edited by PuffPuff

That would be easy with an Adaptar only that many of us don't have one! :I

You can do it with any. 4 Wiimotes, 4 Pro Controllers, whatever. Keep them beside you while playing and it's cake.

@FloorIceCream

Thanks.

Let everyone elses Flying Man pic be saved! :)

Plus, saves me money from having to buy an additional 2 PDP controllers.

-----

Better complete the challenges the normal way...or you'll get a permanent hammer on your pic. The rest of the challenges will try to do the normal way because of this... -.- A Hammer was used as I want to move on to something else.

On 3DS...Hammers are ok to use as you don't get a hammer mark on your pic.

Edited by PuffPuff

http://www.gameranx.com/updates/id/25698/article/nintendo-promises-to-restock-gamecube-controller-and-adapter/

Nintendo now knows our high demand for this product. The Gamecube AdaptarControllers(Even though they have a ton of controllers already in stock. Wonder why that no one is buying them?). But...what about the Amiibo's? Lets hope that more of those go in stock soon. We know that the Rosalina&Ike Amiibo's are already in high demand. Better grab them Feb 1st at your local retailer as the saying goes "First come. First served!"

Edited by PuffPuff

I completed all the challenges on Smash Wii U! No hammers needed.

Congrats. :D

Does it show complete in every photograph?

Edited by PuffPuff

Turns out my mom got me Zelda's Amiibo... Bleh. I don't like her. I don't dislike her, but I don't like her either. Although if this had been Skyward Sword Zelda or Toon Zelda, this would be another story entirely, but it's boring TP Zelda (she has a nice design...that's it, imo). I'm probably going to sell her to someone else.

When my mom said she got me an Amiibo that's hard to find, I was guessing either Wii Fit Trainer, Villager, or Marth. Marth was my main guess because she knows I like FE. I would've kept Marth, I like him enough to keep him. But TP Zelda? No thank you.

Zelda actually isn't hard to find either, we have a lot of her where I work.

I applaud my mom for trying though, because she was unable to get me Luigi in time. And she never knew that I don't actually like Zelda herself (except for Toon Zelda and Skyward Sword Zelda). Just the games she appears in. So I don't hold this against her.

Well, TP Zelda might not be your favourite but doesn't she also work with Hyrule Warriors to give her another weapon? Have you given that a shot?

I agree that the Zelda figurine is just ok. It's one of the ones where all the little details got a bit blocky although the dress itself is quite nice.