SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Good. If Lucas doesn't, then I'll have to use Ness instead.

And I'm not sure, but I really think there is a difference between his and Lucas' attacks. Isn't there? My brother keeps saying they're exactly the same.

It's like Falco and Fox. They're a LOT more different than they seem.

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I never played Earthbound nor Mother, so I wouldn't know what they are, but yeah, that could further individualize the two of them, instead of Lucas being a mini Ness clone

PK Rockin was a group hitting attack that was extremely colorful

PK Love was also a group attack that was very Pink

Another fun fact is that Ness nor Lucas learn PK Starstorm, Ness's pal Poo and Lucas's named Kumatora were the more Black Mage PSI users in their teams and they learned it

Yeah, Lucas and Ness have differences in every move in their arsenal, though I'm not sure what exactly they add up to in terms of playstyle differences (haven't spent 10% as much time playing Lucas as I have on Ness)

Very loose guess would me that Ness is a little more a pseudo-aggressive air-based character (his aerials are mostly super quick, and he has more pseudo-kill moves there. most of his ground game seems like it's supposed to lead into getting in the air), while Lucas is a bit more of a keepaway character with his pkfire and possibly stronger (though more in a spacing sense than a rushdown one) ground game

Edited by Rehab

I had an interesting thought.

What if we are only getting Veteran reveals until the next E3? Then we get a slew of newcomers in a new huge trailer

Any particular reason you aren't fond of Mewtwo?

Probably because of those people who worship Gen 1 and only Gen 1.

Levant covered a good chunk of it. I'm sick of the people who think Gen 1 was the only good Pokemon generation and how blinded they are by nostalgia (complaining about unoriginal designs from later Gens while being okay with things like Voltorb and Grimer, just no). The other chunk comes from the Mewtwo fanbase, which is loaded with as many bad apples as the PC gaming and Sonic fanbases:

"I can't believe they introduced more legendaries in Gen 2!! That's so dumb since Mewtwo is supposed to be the only legendary and most powerful Pokemon!!" (I don't even need to explain this one)

"I can't believe Lucario replaced Mewtwo!!! GAAAHHH!!! Rage on Lucario and the newer generations despite Pokemon already getting 5 playable Gen 1 Pokemon!!! The newer Gens don't deserve playable representation in Smash Bros!!!" (Yeah, that's not biased or selfish at all, especially when 5 of the 6 playable Pokemon are Gen 1. And just because you personally don't like the later Gens, that doesn't mean everyone else feels the same way)

"Horribly imbalanced games are horrible unless it's because of Mewtwo!!! Then it's perfectly fine in that case!!!" (I don't see why so many overpowered characters are hated except for Mewtwo in the Pokemon games (who's actually insanely loved for his cheapness and overpoweredness), and the amount of people that use mostly legendaries personally annoy me. They probably could've made Mewtwo look like a pile of turd with the exact same stats, and people would still be worshipping him like crazy just for his power)

Even without the fanbase, I've always found Mewtwo's design to be ugly and demented. And yet people think Mewtwo looks way cooler than Lucario. Oh well, different tastes for different people.

He killed Mewtwo and saved.

Replace Mewtwo with Kyogre, and that'd be 100% true for me, since I had no idea that the mandatory Kyogre encounter in the story was the only Kyogre encounter in Sapphire (though I didn't hate Kyogre for that, since it wasn't exactly his fault, unless you count his low catch rate).

cut half the roster, watch the endless rage

Even as a joke thats low ;/

I agree with Jedi. Your jokes, provoking, and taking pleasure in others disappointment and anger is getting excessive.

What if we are only getting Veteran reveals until the next E3? Then we get a slew of newcomers in a new huge trailer

If the Pac-Man, Mii, and Little Mac rumour is true, it would be quite fitting since 3 newcomers were revealed in E3 2013 and another 3 would be revealed E3 2014. And it'd probably be a smart marketing move to save the remaining newcomers to next E3 to build up hype.

Edited by Randoman

Suddenly, im more excited for PM than smash 4 >->

You aren't the only one.

Though if we see Mewtwo as Monday's update then......

I literally cried and slowclapped when I heard them say the most powerful Pokemon.

Edited by Professor Palutena

Another fun fact is that Ness nor Lucas learn PK Starstorm, Ness's pal Poo and Lucas's named Kumatora were the more Black Mage PSI users in their teams and they learned it

I think it's implied that they taught it to their respective case members in their trophies.

I think that's very possible considering we are getting less newcomers this time around. They have to spread the hype out.

OH MAI GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

no mega mewtwo. no buy.

So who is gonna stay up late on Sunday to see the monday update? :P

Back to this... I change my mind. I want to see another confirmed character! And does anyone know if Zero Suit is also confirmed?

I think it's implied that they taught it to their respective case members in their trophies.

I think that's very possible considering we are getting less newcomers this time around. They have to spread the hype out.

no mega mewtwo. no buy.

Viewtiful_J not buying confirmed

whining

do you ever do anything except whine about how other people piss you off?

Dang. Well, at least Samus is still female.

I feel they need to add more female fighters. I'm better at using Peach, Zelda, and Zero Suit, rather than anyone else. Besides Lucas, he's among my tops.

I personally hope the Mii, Pac Man and Little Mac rumor isnt true.

I would be ok with Little Mac, Pac Man I'd accept I guess but Mii's? No just no

Also Randoman I feel your bitterness towards the Pokemon fanbase I do. But its up to Gamefreak and Sakurai, I like Lucario alot I never felt he replaced Mewtwo though and he really didnt as evidence shows. People are just ignorant to it

But at the same time it feels like you complain just to complain because people like things you dont

I personally hope the Mii, Pac Man and Little Mac rumor isnt true.

I would be ok with Little Mac, Pac Man I'd accept I guess but Mii's? No just no

Also Randoman I feel your bitterness towards the Pokemon fanbase I do. But its up to Gamefreak and Sakurai, I like Lucario alot I never felt he replaced Mewtwo though and he really didnt as evidence shows. People are just ignorant to it

But at the same time it feels like you complain just to complain because people like things you dont

Yeah. Miis fighting in games like Wii Sports or Nintendo Land works and fits in those contexts, but in Smash Bros. it feels quite wrong and out of place. I can't exactly explain why in words.

...sorry. I guess I let vocal and rabid fanbases really get to me and annoy me (it's one of my biggest pet peeves). I guess I'll try to cut down on the negativity (on a side note, my negative reaction to the Toon Link reveal in this thread was a lot tamer than I thought it would be, but let's not open up that can of worms).

Well, I guess I'll repost my list of dates to look forward to regarding potential character reveals (with it edited around to account for things like the DKC:TF delay and ignoring the very likely Pokemon reveal tomorrow, since practically everyone here knows that):

Super Mario World: November 21, 1990 (corresponds to Yoshi)

F-Zero (SNES): November 21, 1990 (corresponds to Captain Falcon)

Wario Land: Super Mario Land 3: January 21, 1994 (corresponds to Wario)

Ice Climber: January 30, 1985 (corresponds to Ice Climbers)

Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze: February 2014 (corresponds to Diddy Kong)

The Legend of Zelda: February 21, 1986 (corresponds to Zelda/Ganon)

Star Fox (SNES): February 21, 1993 (corresponds to Falco)

Pokemon Red/Green: February 27, 1996 (corresponds to Jigglypuff/Pokemon Trainer)

Kirby's Adventure: March 23, 1993 (corresponds to Meta Knight)

Fire Emblem: Ankoku Ryū to Hikari no Tsurugi: April 20, 1990 (corresponds to Marth)

Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance: April 20, 2005 (corresponds to Ike)

Mother 3: April 20, 2006 (corresponds to Lucas)

Kirby's Dream Land: April 27, 1992 (corresponds to King Dedede)

Star Fox 64: April 27, 1997 (corresponds to Wolf)

Ball (the first Game & Watch game): April 28, 1980 (corresponds to Mr. Game & Watch)

Gyromite: August 13, 1985 (corresponds to R.O.B.)

Earthbound (Mother 2): August 27, 1994 (corresponds to Ness)

The next potential reveal may be over a month wait.

Thanks for the dates again. I guess i'm just more used to vocal hatebases due to being part of the Sonic fanbase lol. As well as the Final Fantasy one and many others I could name.

Edited by Jedi