SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This could be a mixed blessing though. Nintendo may mandate the game be played with items on + all stages or something like that, which could hurt the competitive scene of the game.

that would be a slap in the face

that being said, MLG seems to have died down lately (not surprising, they keep throwing groups under the bus constantly and it came back to bite them)

The option to play without those things is what makes Smash so beautiful. There are so many ways to play it *thumbs up*

Exactly. I probably hate the "anti-competitive" part of the Smash fanbase the most because they're trying to force a particular playstyle on everyone else.

As people above me said, Smash is amazing in how it can be a extremely funny party game or a serious competitive fighter or a huge number of things.

Speaking of Smash tournaments, PKL you've been to alot, are there ever 2v2 tournaments?

Speaking of Smash tournaments, PKL you've been to alot, are there ever 2v2 tournaments?

Yes

There owas a Brawl tourney on my campus last year and there was both a singles and doubles tournament.

Also, don't forget the wombo combo.

Edited by shinpichu

I don't have X yet, nor will I for awhile.

Have to focus on the Job Corps when I go in 5 days.

Edited by Jedi

So regarding Assist Trophies, do you guys think they'll be using a lot of the old ones, have a brand new set of Assist Trophy characters, or a mix of both?

I'd guess a mixture depending on if any of the previous assist trophies become playable or they want to change some up etc.

Megaman has alot of choice for an assist [provided we are still on the whole 3rd party gets one assist]

Edited by Jedi

I'm thinking it'll be similar to the Pokeball situation, except with a lot more of the old ones being kept and fewer new ones being introduced.

I have a strong feeling it'll be Proto Man for Mega Man's assist trophy, since they wouldn't stick in main villains as Assist Trophies (for series that already have playable characters anyways) and I don't think they'll cross over with the Mega Man sub-series (so no Zero or Bon Tronne), since Super Smash Bros. for 3DS/Wii U has had nothing but Classic Mega Man (no X, Legends, or Network) elements so far, and they even said they were going to stick with Classic Mega Man regarding his representation in Smash Bros.

On the topic of 3rd parties, part of me wants Bomberman and Cecil Harvey in the game, but that's practically guaranteed to never happen.

today's pic:
w7IFDWg.jpg
Fox isn't shocked because Peach is grabbing him. He's shocked at Peach's power level.

Assist trophies that become characters: Little Mac and Isaac, will be replaced by side characters from the game. Little Mac will have King Hippo, and Isaac will have Felix (or Jenna).

Each franchise will get updated reps. For example, I think Mario will have Rosalina. Fire Emblem will have Micaiah. Zelda will have Tingle plus Groose.

Other franchises will stay put, depending if they had a new release. S&P will have Isa Jo instead of Saki, while they will keep Devil for example. That's my prediction.

Mega Man will gave Proto-Man, although there is a very small possibility for Bass. Sonic will have Tails instead of Shadow this time around.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

Peach: Grandma!! What big teeth you have!!

Fox: The better to... aww... who am I kidding? I have no biting moves in Smash Bros. despite being a fox with sharp teeth...

Then again, someone as civilized and level-headed as fox with biting moves would be really out of character. XD

I wonder how much resources it takes to make an Assist Trophy character compared to Playable characters or Pokeball Pokemon. I have a feeling it's slightly more than the latter for whatever reason.

And I completely forgot about Bass. Though I'm quite sure Proto Man's prominence and popularity will win him the spot of Assist Trophy over Bass.

Peach: Grandma!! What big teeth you have!!

Fox: The better to... aww... who am I kidding? I have no biting moves in Smash Bros. despite being a fox with sharp teeth...

Then again, someone as civilized and level-headed as fox with biting moves would be really out of character. XD

I wonder how much resources it takes to make an Assist Trophy character compared to Playable characters or Pokeball Pokemon. I have a feeling it's slightly more than the latter for whatever reason.

And I completely forgot about Bass. Though I'm quite sure Proto Man's prominence and popularity will win him the spot of Assist Trophy over Bass.

The Pokemon Trophies are easier because they usually use models from whatever Pokemon title is released for the game. Assist trophy are much less compared to playable characters. In fact, I would say the Brawl Assist Trophies have nowhere near the polish of the game's character, just in terms of models.

I mentioned Bass because Shadow got the assist trophy honors for Sonic rather than Tails or Knuckles in Brawl. So it's not completely unheard of if Bass were to get it. But consider Mega Man 3 being the pinnacle of the series, I would imagine they would the Assist Trophy that is exactly like how he appears in that game.

Dr Wily or one of the more popular robot masters [Cutman etc] could also get the honors. There is also Eddie and Auto as well as Duo

I think Protoman, Roll or Bass are the most likely though

Edited by Jedi

Dr Wily or one of the more popular robot masters [Cutman etc] could also get the honors. There is also Eddie and Auto as well as Duo

I think Protoman, Roll or Bass are the most likely though

I don't think it's going to be Duo. I'm holding out for Dr. Wily to appear in the Melee styled Adventure mode.

I definitely could see Roll. She should do her Tatsunoko vs Capcom super level 3.

Edited by Viewtiful_J

I don't think it's going to be Duo. I'm holding out for Dr. Wily to appear in the Melee styled Adventure mode.

I definitely could see Roll. She should do her Tatsunoko vs Capcom super level 3.

You know what would be funny, if just by sheer popularity power Zero was the Megaman assist, granted the X series is a bit in the future of the classic series but hey he was made by Wily after all :P

Plus it would somewhat give me my dream of seeing Sonic and Zero [my 2 fav video game characters] in the same game.. Project X Zone didn't even do it..

Edited by Jedi

Minor bump

First Pokeball Pokemon confirmed in todays pic (its Xerneas)

Sakurais quote with this one is

"Pic of the day we have absolutely nothing to announce today regarding X and Y. Really!"

Keep trolling Sakurai hahaha. Could someone please paste the pic for me? I cant due to phone

Edited by Jedi