SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

.Also. Petition to BAN people who post leaks (or equivalent) with actual information (as opposed to like, "three empty character files found") outside of spoilers.

I've requested in the past that people either spoiler or don't post anything like that here. Generally people get the idea. Whilst I can't ban them, they can certainly find themselves off my Christmas card list!

Tournament mode sucks. Nothing new.

I think you mean, "everything else sucks for not giving us those options"

Did I do something wrong?

if you did, I didn't know about it

is this a confession????

I've requested in the past that people either spoiler or don't post anything like that here. Generally people get the idea. Whilst I can't ban them, they can certainly find themselves off my Christmas card list!

.........I've never been on your christmas card list ;~; Edited by Euklyd

Ooh, finally, tourneys for us custom users! ^^ But not being able to make them ourselves yet is a bummer. Hopefully in the future, though. A 1 vs 1 only option would be nice too...

Interesting discovery here. What I find telling is that we've known those slots existed, with the same names, since the Mewtwo patch. I'm fairly certain that, due to their long existence, those three characters are the Ballot characters we'll be getting. Otherwise they would've been worked on by now.

Doof change your name back to doofina to match your aviii.......

Also, for all we know, one could be for a transformation on one new-comer since GigaMac and GigaB have their own slots?

Interesting discovery here. What I find telling is that we've known those slots existed, with the same names, since the Mewtwo patch. I'm fairly certain that, due to their long existence, those three characters are the Ballot characters we'll be getting. Otherwise they would've been worked on by now.

only two of them were extant since the mewtwo patch

mewtwo patch had five "marios" (blanks), and lucas/roy/ryu took up three of them

there was one new slot added last patch

>_>

I've been miscounting for months now...

EVEYRTHNIG I KNOW IS LIE!

Now I'm wondering if we'll just get one ballot character instead of three, and the other two are pre-planned but aren't being worked on yet.

But like... why would you not have started working on them by now...

I feel like it's more likely they're just keeping a buffer ready than anything else, since they've gone months without doing anything with the 2 extra slots from the Mewtwo patch.

As for my three character predictions, I think that it won't be a veteran. I'm expecting Shovel Knight as a Western pick, Bandana Dee as an Eastern pick, and someone like Inklings/Dixie Kong as the Worldwide characters.

That is assuming that there are picks on region.

My wants in total:

Chibi-Robo

Bandana Dee

Shovel Knight

Dixie Kong

Fiora/Elma

But I hate to see the people whining about "teh zenoblade bais" so maybe not the last ones.

Fox, Captain Falcon, Samus, and the others were already on the roster before the costumes were added. K. Rool wasn't.

Yeah, there's a difference between a buyable costume for a free character and a buyable costume for a buyable character. If the K. Rool costume were in the base game, it would be different, but I don't see two purchased parts of one character.

Now while I don't think K. Rool has the best chance of getting in, at this point I don't consider any appearance in the game short of assist trophy to be grounds for deconfirmation anymore.

For the base game, I agree. For DLC, not so much.

Fox, C. Falcon, Samus, and other characters also have Mii costumes, so I don't think K. Rool's costume deconfirms him.

Basically what the two above said. There is no precedent for any character, especially a newcomer, getting a costume released and then becoming a full fighter. Considering the timing of it and what Sakurai has said about DLC, I highly doubt he would do both.

Fox, Captain Falcon, Samus, and the others were already on the roster before the costumes were added. K. Rool wasn't.

Yeah, there's a difference between a buyable costume for a free character and a buyable costume for a buyable character. If the K. Rool costume were in the base game, it would be different, but I don't see two purchased parts of one character.

Basically what the two above said. There is no precedent for any character, especially a newcomer, getting a costume released and then becoming a full fighter. Considering the timing of it and what Sakurai has said about DLC, I highly doubt he would do both.

I honestly don't see the reasoning here, I really don't. I don't think it matters to Sakurai if a character was already in the base game, and I really don't think it matters to him if they're both a fully fledged DLC character and have a Mii costume.

The theory that a Mii costume outrights deconfirms a character has no solid ground whatsoever. Sakurai has broken so many rules that the fandom thought were gospel before that nothing is written in stone anymore.

Yeah, and some of those "rules" the fans thought of were dumb to begin with, like two FE reps per game and that the non-Marth rep would be replaced with the newest lord every time. People called it a pattern when it only happened ONE time. Heck, Ike technically wasn't even the newest lord at the time since pretty much everyone counts Micaiah as one (RD came out before Brawl).

In this case, Sakurai has made several costumes for characters already on the roster, and then costumes for a bunch of characters who aren't. Yet none of these characters have been made actual playable characters. So it's not as farfetched to think that a costume probably deconfirms a character. You're right, it's not a definitely deconfirmation until Sakurai himself says it, but still.

Edited by Anacybele