SSB4: SSB for Wii U and 3DS, maybe the NX and also your toaster!

Shin

What should Sakurai do next?  

52 members have voted

1. 1. Now he's finished with the current game, what will he do next?

• Spend time figuring out how to fit Ridley inside the next Smash disc
    • Reboot Donkey Kong Jr. Math
    • Team up with Hideo Kojima for "Mario and Solid Snake at the Olympic Games"
    • Find another way to nerf Zelda even more
    • Bask in the glory of all the salt he's created from DLC

Cloud's clear screens are awesome, and the Wii U ones are great as well.

One of them is a reference to the Nibelheim incodent.

Try to guess which character they use to represent Sephiroth surrounded by flames.

Palutena of all people

• Replies 25k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cloud's clear screens are awesome, and the Wii U ones are great as well.

One of them is a reference to the Nibelheim incodent.

Try to guess which character they use to represent Sephiroth surrounded by flames.

Palutena of all people

I had that spoiled for me, so I already knew who it was. Haven't seen it myself, though.

His Wii U classic mode clear screen is mundanely awesome; personally prefer it over the Turk beat down.

Nothing beats Cloud in Mario Kart, though.

Is it just me or are the clear screens for this game really cool?

Especially the clear screens for the DLC characters, those are just awesome!

I can hardly wait for Corrin's and Bayonetta's!

I'm expecting Bayonetta to have a clear screen with the Kid Icarus characters and Corrin to have one with Arceus.

Missing the connection between Corrin and Arceus would be shameful.

It's going to be Corrin countering something small (like one of Fox's lasers) at the same time Xerneas is using geomancy.

I'm calling it now.

I'd get a chuckle out of one of Corrin's clear screens being a reference to the choice between Hoshido & Nohr but with Smash characters in Red/White and Black/Purple in their stead.

So, a few more things on Corrin:

-He's impervious in his counter animation once an attack has successfully been countered, meaning he can't be flinched out of it in doubles/via multi-hit moves

-His moves in general seem to come out quickly (his first jab may even come out as early as frame 2), but they have end-lag to compensate (I'd prefer attacks that come out a tad bit slower but ended quicker, allowing for follow-ups)

-B-air has notable end-lag

-A fully-charged neutral special pushes him backwards slightly (once again, not ideal for follow-ups)

-Lastly, something pretty freaky about his f-smash:

Screen_Shot_2016_01_10_at_12_33_12_PM.pn

Look at the bottom of the transformed arm.

Or should I say transformed hand; you can see his thumb, and even his fingers if you look a bit closer.

http://smashboards.com/threads/jonny-westside-the-samus-that-shook-esam-saga.427985/

I'm gonna have to rethink considering Samus bottom 5 character. Jwest was able to beat Con Con, Zenyou, and even took a game off Zero's Sheik, making top 8 at a tournament where, Zero, Void, Esam, Larry, and K9 were in attendance. I'm a little sad though, Link is a better character yet has no results... Good stuff for team Samus though.

I always thought Corrin looked more like Dialga but that's just me.

...And making Corrin barefoot to bring a *spoiler* and to eve-dentally bring their sexiness through the roof. Smash should get a T rating since Bayonetta is pretty fanservicy...too as it even says that here!

Sadjv9.jpg

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Characters/Bayonetta?from=Characters.Bayonetta2

-----

Corrin&Azure (Revelations Path)

Corrin is only barefoot to bring in the spinoff of being Azure's cousin. Since in game, they had shoes.

Am I the only one that is worried about Bayonetta? From everything shown in the trailer I am really worried about her being broken. The whole combo/witch time thing just seems like it will be a nightmare in 1v1, especially with spammers. I'm hoping her abilities don't do a lot of damage because of how fast and how many attacks she can get in.

"THAT UP SMASH! She's broken! She's broken!"

Fun stuff

To be fair, a smash attack with that sort of range was unheard of before Smash 4.

But you know, I just remembered the time people though Bowser was OP.

But you know, I just remembered the time people though Bowser was OP.

Bowser WAS really good... and then they nerfed his side special into the ground, in the most illogical way possible.

To be fair, a smash attack with that sort of range was unheard of before Smash 4.

20140927033406!Snake_DACUS_Brawl.gif

snake had weird smashes.

(also mii gunner fsmash)

20140927033406!Snake_DACUS_Brawl.gifsnake had weird smashes.(also mii gunner fsmash)

Forgot about that one,

Also, I guess one the reasons people thought that Palutena's up smash was how it looked at first.

You can't deny that a giant blue laser gives an OP vibe.

So ahead of Genesis 3 (this weekend), there's a local held at my university happening tonight. It'll have a bunch of the top players that flew out for G3 early, including many of the best Japanese players.

[spoiler=a sort of list]

It's no secret that Wombo's happening this week, and it'll be stacked beyond all hell. Out of region players that are pre-reg'd include Jaice and Jezmo (Australia's #1 and #2), VeXx (Venezuela's #1), Nasubi, Lucia, Komorikiri, 9B, Ranai, Rin, and Ixis (UK's #1 and best Sonic in Europe), Ally, and MJG, just to name a few. In addition, we have many NorCal PR players pre-reg'd (Trevonte, KOSSismoss, DSS, 3xA, Probeans, Sean, Legit, C4, Parasite, and anyone else I forgot).

I'll be there as well, of course :^)

It'll be streamed from probably around 7 p.m. PST (that's 4.5 hours from now), at http://www.twitch.tv/smashatscu/

Wow what a group, I wish you, Knife and PKL luck.

And whomever else may be going, and my EWA guys!

Knife and PKL weren't gonna be there; this is (was) the Wednesday event.