Do you feel that the dialogue benefits from those voice acted noises?

54 members have voted

1. 1. Well, does it?

• The dialogue benefits from it.
    • The dialouge doesn't benefit from it.
    • It could benefit. But the excecution in Awakening is lacking.

I like them, but occasionally someone will say something that doesn't fit and it ends up bugging me. The prime example of this is Cherche's "poor you!".

One thing I'd say that probably would have fixed those issues... was if they didn't include the Japanese voice track.

The voice clips are associated to the original's phrases and... some of them don't really fit in certain context while the original Japanese would, even though it is as close to a valid translation as they could pull off in that situation.

You may call me marth.

Really?

No.

I like them because they can lead to funny stuff like this. And voices in general add more to the characters.

Edited by 1% critted

That's why I use the Japanese voices

But, seriously, the full lines usually come in a place where it makes no sense. Like Sumia's "my love" in her support with Chrom; it gets awkward if they're both married already.

I like it. Could've been done better, but it 's a start. Most of it was done well and the mistakes didn't feel like enough to make me dislike it as a whole.

Plus it meant critical hit clips which are incredible.

I like the voice acting, but most of the time the voices seem unfitting in the dialogue.

Such as when in Virion and Laurent's A support when Virion is apologizing for not finding Laurent earlier and the voice clip says "All hail me" for no apparent reason.

Edited by Moulder

I like the voice acting and the voice clips, but at times the voice clips do not match that well at all. It is nice that they wanted to try something new, but they could have done better.

Most are remarkbly good and gave me enjoyment combined with character's expression. But yes, they are flawed and need more careful planning or programming that match the lines.

I like the voice acting, but most of the time the voices seem unfitting in the dialogue.

Such as when in Virion and Laurent's A support when Virion is aplogizing for not being finding Laurent earlier and the voice clip says "All hail me" for no apparent reason.

Having grind Laurent's Father support, I'm laughed so hard reading this.

The voices help me hear what their lines in text sound like in my head. It makes it harder though for some characters like Vaike or Henry, who's lines are pretty much all goofy and happy, so you don't really know what they sound like when they're sad, or serious, or out of character (HenryxOlivia A support). Seriously.. it's really hard to hear Henry screaming "OLIVIAAAAAAA" in your head.

I like them and I don't like them.

Grunts, greetings, sighs and very short phrases work really well. You can receive the emotion better in scenes like Lucina in Ch13 or Phila panicking about Emmerynn. JP Brady's sniffles always get to me. ♥

Problem is that they seem to always use the same sound clip references in the English version as the Japanese. Hence, why we have "HELL NO!" and the occasional situation where the voice is contradicting the text.

Overall though, I'm glad they're there. As a Super Robot Wars fan, I especially enjoy the voiced skill/critical cut-ins.