Hardest FE mode (except FE13 Lunatic+)

Chiki

We all know FE13 Lunatic+ is the hardest FE mode the series has to offer, but what is other than that?

I'll rank the modes I played:

1. FE5

2. FE6 HM

3. FE10 HM

4. FE9 MM

5. FE7 HHM

6. FE8 HM

7. FE13 LM

FE13 LM is just a joke thanks to the Avatar. I beat it in a couple hours on my first try, so it's not even worth considering.

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Judging criteria needed plz

Anyway

FE12 Lunatic = FE12 H5 >>>>>>>>>>>>> FE5 > FE6 Marcus Emblem > FE13 LM = FE7 HHM > FE13 Veteraning >(times infinity) FE8 HM

FE13 is ties with FE7 HHM because I find that the first chapters are pretty ridiculous in FE13, while FE7 early chapters is fine, and the late game is not that crazy

FE5 is much lower than FE12 and FE11 because the arena is the biggest joke since FE1 Arena, and I warp skip. Meanwhile, FE12 Lunatic is insane, while FE11 H5 Chapter 2 is the hardest chapter ever

FE8 HM that low because the game is a joke in general

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Well, FE13 LM is low when you take Avatar soloing into the picture, too.

I don't think FE5 arena abusing changes much because enemy vs player strength isn't why that game is difficult, imo.

Personal opinions? okay here goes

Out of the ones I've played:

FE12 Lunatic - Actual teamwork, positioning matters. A+ difficulty

FE5 (blind run) - Enemy stats suck but the game throws shit at you that makes it hard. Not sure if SSS would go above or below FE12 Lunatic since I've never tried that.

FE13 Lunatic - Only because chapter 2 and 24 makes me really angry. I restarted less on priam's paralogue than 24 fuck that noise (note: I do not do blood sacrifices except in FE11, even though it'd have made chapter 2 a lot more bearable)

FE11 H5 - also mainly the earlygame.

FE6 HM - Actually easy but hitrates are a dick and bosses are a dick

FE5 - If you know what kind of shit the game throws at you, it's kinda piss. So easy to break. Warp staves and scrolls everywhere

FE7 HHM - not hard

FE4 - lol holy weapons everywhere time to break this game

FE9 HM - very not hard. About equal with FE8 HM, but Dolphin lacks a turbo key so it's harder for me to enjoy.

FE8 HM - SethEmblem also VBA has a turbo key

FE13 Lunatic's chapters 1-3 and Prologue are difficult enough to be harder than anything FE8 or 9 (HM) throws at you. Seth soloing FE8 is literally a joke. FE13 early game is actually tough, even if you feed kills to Avatar early. In fact, especially if you feed kills to avatar early, given he's statistically terrible in earlygame.

Personally, I would say FE13 Lunatic and Lunatic+ but you said to exclude FE13 Lunatic+ so... and I never actually tried harder modes on the older game except FE9 and 10. So I will put it at FE9 Hard mode...

FE12 is pretty legit. Only midgame is kinda easy but you are not gonna solo this one with anybody, FE11 is more infuriating earlygame (low durability on your part but also low enough damage output, it's just a drag to play really while I had fun with 12 and 13's L mode for the most part) but didn't infuriate me enough like FE13's Lunatic's chapter 2 does so

Most of it was still easy

+Def Avatar

Prologue: Pair Frederick up with the Avatar and Chrom with Lissa and go into the water and snipe some stuff till your Avatar becomes overpowered.

Chapter 1: Soloed by the Avatar with Frederick as a partner.

Chapter 2: Same deal. It's only complicated by your other units but you can have them move into a corner. Avatar + Frederick on the mountain is invincible here.

I dunno, when I heard that FE11 H5 early chapters are pretty luck reliant, I am relieved. So much.

IMO the entirety of HHM is easier than FE11 H5 chapter 2

Also if this involves every FE, then it goes

12 = 11 > 5 > 6 > 13 > 7 > 4 > 3 > 8 = 1

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

The only part of H5 earlygame that's really luck reliant is the bosses IMO, but they all have ways to beat them pretty easily so it's all good.

Javelin hit rates in chapter 1 in general. To get the best TC in that map, you have to be one lucky bastard ;/. Since I don't have good luck, I miss like every hit in every attempt. RNG loves me.

+Def Avatar

Prologue: Pair Frederick up with the Avatar and Chrom with Lissa and go into the water and snipe some stuff till your Avatar becomes overpowered.

Chapter 1: Soloed by the Avatar with Frederick as a partner.

Chapter 2: Same deal. It's only complicated by your other units but you can have them move into a corner. Avatar + Frederick on the mountain is invincible here.

If you're going to say that FE13 is easy because of stuff like this, you might as well just say no FE is difficult since they all let you abuse exp like this in some way shape or form, especially in FE5 where attacks that miss and don't do damage give you so much exp. I don't even understand how it's possible for Avatar to solo the final chapter of FE13 when he can't do enough damage to Grima (even with Chrom pair up), there are tons of war monks with Physics, and lots of long bow snipers.

For me I'd say:

FE12 > FE11 > FE5 > FE13 > FE10 > FE3 > FE2 > FE9 > FE4 > FE1 > FE6 > FE7 > FE8

I don't even understand how it's possible for Avatar to solo the final chapter of FE13 when he can't do enough damage to Grima

You pair Chrom up with the Avatar after Chapter 3.

If you're going to say that FE13 is easy because of stuff like this, you might as well just say no FE is difficult since they all let you abuse exp like this in some way shape or form, especially in FE5 where attacks that miss and don't do damage give you so much exp

If there's one way to trivialize a game, then that game is trivial regardless of how difficult it is without the trivializing factor.

Anyway, like I said, FE5's difficulty doesn't have much to do with how strong your units are, at least in my opinion.

I'd say (excluding FE13 of course) it would look something like this (assuming no grind, savestates, or arenas):

FE12 Lunatic Reverse

FE13 Lunatic

FE12 Lunatic

FE11 H5

Everything else

I'd say (excluding FE13 of course) it would look something like this (assuming no grind, savestates, or arenas):

FE12 Lunatic Reverse

FE13 Lunatic

FE12 Lunatic

FE11 H5

Everything else

You find Vanilla FE13 Lunatic harder than 12's?

For me, I'd say

FE12 Lunatic'

FE12 Lunatic

FE13 Lunatic

FE11 H5

FE10 HM

FE7 HHM

Idk how to classify FE6 HM because most of its difficulty comes from the absurd hitrates.

You find Vanilla FE13 Lunatic harder than 12's?

Well, I don't really have the best basis to go on for this comparison since I grinded on FE13 vanilla lunatic and used savestates on FE12 vanilla, but this was just an estimation. I could be wrong, though.

For me, I'd say

FE12 Lunatic'

FE12 Lunatic

FE13 Lunatic

FE11 H5

FE10 HM

FE7 HHM

Also, again I may not be remembering properly, but I feel like FE10 HM was waaaaaaaaay easier than that.

Edited by Walhart