98 members have voted

1. 1. Should Gender Locked Classes get thrown out the window?

Was just looking through a few old Thor comics the other day and it's not just Thor that hops on a dead guy's horsebird a few times, he's got an army of bunch of big buff aesir warriors on them (this is during the King Thor arc in volume 2). I don't really see a pegasus/winged horse restriction to women in anything I'm familiar with other than FE. So yeah, they probably mixed up the lore with unicorns.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, there are several games that do show the pegasi as being essentially winged unicorns, since they do have horns. Who knows, it probably was an accidental mishap that became a norm, or they did it on purpose to spice things ups, whether the spice was of your liking or not...

can't believe you guys didn't notice Anouleth deliberately being a contrarian from his first post

(that whole start on the second page was hilariously random)

Its not fun and games when the male cast of FE12 gets access to every single class sans pegasus knight. Its not fun and games when I can't put aggressor and galeforce on Miss Robin and her son Morgan.

say whaaa

If a dude wants to ride a horsebird or if a woman were to start missing people with axes, it really wouldn't bother me.

Otherwise they'd just be Dracoknights/Heroes/what say you, and not REAL fighters.

I don't mind gender restricted classes that much, but I do think the males got the more boring classes. Fighters and berserkers are a little boring when compared to flying horses and people on ponies using magic and staves.

I want a moe chick

no. no moe chicks.

can't believe you guys didn't notice Anouleth deliberately being a contrarian from his first post

and yet my posts remain the best posts in this thread.

say whaaa

I'm afraid you have more faith in sf than I do if you don't believe there was, and is, concrete danger of him being taken seriously

10/10

In all seriousness, though: GBA pegasi are male. They have 25 AID.

No they're just genderless, like legendary Pokemon. Or Ditto.

If they ditch class changing (please god, I hate that shit), then I'd fully support having a couple of exceptions for the series. Doesn't need to become a regular thing, doesn't need to be a big deal.

But if IS sticks with class changing, then things could get a bit wonky. I'd say class changes need to be more specific to every unit compared to what gender they are, because whilst I have nothing against a female fighter or male pegasus knight existing, I do think that it would be pretty ridiculous if I could reclass ANY the males in my army into flying horsemen, or turn ALL the women into berserkers. That just doesn't make sense thematically for the series.

That level of attention is probably not going to be there though, so I can't really expect it to happen. A more pressing concern for me is having more foot lance units (Soldiers), bugger the mounts!

tl;dr, If they ditch class changing, who cares if there's an exception or two. And if they keep it, you can still have exceptions fitting for the character's build, personalitiy, and aesthetics without compromising anything (which is already compromised anyway mostly, but that's part of why I hate class changing...)

Edited by Irysa

I've always wanted to use a Male Pegasus Knight. Or a Male Troubadour.

But especially since skills are now involved, it's so stupid, since 1st generation characters can't get the skills I want for them.

That's why I make their children better, and make their stupid parents sit in the corner, never to be used.

I thought the female-only skills were better, than the male-only.

So they need to remove this "Gender-locked class" business.