Forever Alone

C.C.

Just thought about this... In your current play through(s), which characters are forever alone and why?

Virion - no need for him as a daddy. Other choices were better.

Stahl - sadly, chose Lon'qu over him to sire Severa. I might have him shack up with Cherche, but Freddy would be alone then and doesn't he have a better strength mod?

Libra - didn't add much as a father in terms of classes and the like. Also, doesn't give out Galeforce like candy.

Libra - Hard to fit in, thanks to lacking a class that I like(fuck Sorcerer)

Virion - I refuse to pair him with someone that is not Maribelle

Kellam - Most of the child that I want to give DG+ on, usually have better father(see: Stahl and Frederick for everyone) or already have Assassin(Owain)

BTW Freddy and Stahl has +2 STR

Frederick has 2 SKL and 2 DEF while Stahl has 2 DEF and 1 SKL. However, Frederick has -2SPD

Edited by I have a Dragon Boner

Donnel - Didn't care enough about aptitude or galeforks to pair him; since he's a completely skippable character, I prefer to pair people who had a little more significance to the story.

Male and Female Morgan - I love the Morgans, but sadly there just wasn't another person to pair them with. Plus, I feel their quality of support didn't compare to the support quality of the other children paired with each other. Don't worry Morgans, I'm sure you'll find love elsewhere someday!

First file ever: Stahl x Frederick, Libra because I didn't feel like using them; Cynthia because Brady/Noire support was slightly cuter

Second file, first FeMU: Kellam (started annoying me), Brady because he waited too long and I wasn't really using him

Current playboy file (aka female confession run): Kellam (still annoying), Ricken (I already paired him with Maribelle and Nowi, I guess Lissa next run), and that should be it cuz I'm ending up married to Lucina so it should even out

Dating Emblem is fun

Did the other thread die or something?

Well, my very first playthrough had Kellam as forever alone but there might have been more too because I didn't go for all pairings.

For my first main file (or second file technically), I had Ricken as forever alone... since I was trying to get all the children without much care for anything else. Then the children that were left alone was... Yarne.

On my now main file, Hard mode, the forever alone is... Kellam.... I'm sorry Kellam, but everyone else already took it. The second generation is probably gonna be Yarne again? Well... I still have some second generations who are still unpaired (and unmade -- think Yarne).

In my latest runs, I'd been leaving Donnell unpaired, simply because I do a lot of grinding and, thus, don't feel he's ultimately worth the effort (and while some of his supports are endearing, I prefer others more). My male file adds Vaike, but that was more on complete accident. I'd been leaving Henry alone, mostly because by the time he's joined, I've got all my pairings set (and he just creeped me out). Now that I'm slowly warming up to him, though, I'm trying out his S-supports.

Female runs typically leave Owain alone and Male runs typically leave Nah alone. This is because I do M!MorganxNah and F!MorganxOwain, so it's hard to pair those two with other children.

I always seem to leave Libra unpaired EVERY time... I've been meaning to try and pair him with someone, but I always forget.

On the children side, it's usually Brady that's forever alone.

For those that keep saying Libra can't get any, he makes a great pair with Tharja. Extra Def he appreciates, and extra Mag for Rescue range, gives Tharja general things she wants. Gives Noire great base stats since both Tharja and he are classes with terrible bases (but they have good bases, so it contributes to Noire), and since Noire is usually left until lategame you can have a combo of Lifetaker and Renewal I believe it's called? Have all dat sustain! Just a suggestion for y'all to try out in your next spin.

As for people who are forever alone for me, those would be Donnel and Henri. Donnel's a derp, and Henri just...Doesn't fit/comes late.

I planned to had Ricken one on the first Playthrough, He's too pitiful to be Married with such young age Then again, there's no such thing as age on Dating emblem >.<

And Libra, she doesn't came much to my mind when i determined the first Playthrough's pairings

as for second Gen, since i'm gonna had Female marc with Laurent, so,,Chambray/Yarne will be the Forever alone Being cruel to Extinctophobias are fun sometimes,,,,,,,

Libra - Hard to fit in, thanks to lacking a class that I like(fuck Sorcerer)

Virion - I refuse to pair him with someone that is not Maribelle

Kellam - Most of the child that I want to give DG+ on, usually have better father(see: Stahl and Frederick for everyone) or already have Assassin(Owain)

BTW Freddy and Stahl has +2 STR

Frederick has 2 SKL and 2 DEF while Stahl has 2 DEF and 1 SKL. However, Frederick has -2SPD

Thanks, you just made Freddy forever alone on my file! I'll do Stahl x Cherche now.

On my last file, Lucina was forever alone. I had her and Tiki pair up... It worked quite well do I might do it again

It tends to change depending on playthrough, but who remains unpaired seems to be pretty consistent.

Vaike: Great dad in theory, tough to fit in otherwise. I did Avatar/Tharja, so I didn't need to give Vaike to Nowi/Sully since Donnel and Gaius were free. Not ideal for most sons either, so he's kind of left alone. (Doesn't help that I have Fred take over axe duty from him from the beginning onward.)

Kellam: Basically what DB said, he's basically a worse Stahl/Fred for most kids. I also find his paired endings a little sadder even than his single one. I gave him to Cherche once and it was pretty cute and Gerome turned out great, though.

Virion: Bad class set, but I'm not averse to pairing him off. I'm doing Virion!Severa paired with Avatar!Brady on my fun file and it works out pretty nicely, though. Severa actually makes a really good Wyvern Knight.

As for the kids, I usually either have one of Lucina, Morgan or Nah left alone. I think it fits better for Lucina to be single, (though if I do have her marry, it's always Owain or sometimes Brady) while for Morgan and Nah it has a lot of unfortunate implications. (Amnesiac vs. woman in a child's body. Tough call.)

In previous games Fred was left alone, but that's changing since I've learned how to use him effectively.

...Who didn't I left single my my playthroughs. XD Then again, I haven't really done much on my Melanie file because I'm still pondering continuing the Magical Adventures, so that one doesn't really count, and my two other ones are just experimentation files.

You people keep on making me change my mind! Nice work, haha. I'm gonna leave Kellam as forever alone and have Freddy give his sovereign man seed to Panne. Besides, I already have done Kellam and Panne...

Virion, always forever alone lol... No one loves archers.

Ricken's the most likely to be alone on my runs because I don't like children

But sometimes I wanted to pass great knight and all the other gk-capable dads are taken he gets some action once in a while.

I always use Virion...

Even in Lunatic+.

I like Archers, but I just wish Virion actually had attacking skills like Luna, Astra, or something he could make use of with his high SKL modifier.

Which is the reason why I have him be the father of Inigo, since Inigo gets access to at least three different proc skills.

I never recruited Kellam, Donnel, or Libra, so they're forever alone.

Frederick, Sully, Stahl, Vaike, Gaius, Panne, Gregor, and Cherche were almost never used until post-game when I got them married (today).

My reasons: Frederick and Stahl just looked too plain. Sully is like a man. Vaike sounds unintelligent. Panne and Gregor look older. And lastly, by the time Cherche joined, I had already decided who I wanted to use and didn't want her to steal someone's husband to put her on my roster. Still, I do like all of these characters (except Vaike).

Also, today I realized that I only have 2 male children for the 6 female children I recruited.

Donnel always, and Gaius usually (unless I'm filling my support library or don't need Ricken and his Tomefaire + positive Mag modifier).

As for why Donnel: He's really only worth it for the three mothers who don't have Galeforce, and I have plans for every three that make them useful without needing it (I'm of course referring to Galeforce). (Not to mention that I usually bench Donnel due to everyone I use being great anyways, so his eventually monstrous stats doesn't matter much.)

I also feel much of the same thing regarding Gaius, so the two of them are my two lowest priority members in my family plans.