HG101 kickstarter: plans to interview Kaga/Awakening team

VincentASM

HG101 contributor John Szczepaniak recently started a Kickstarter campaign to create a book full of new Japanese interviews.

It was brought to my attention that, in the latest update he has plans to interview key Fire Emblem staff, including the creator, Shouzou Kaga.

Fire Emblem
Classic and much loved turn-based strategy series, with strict perma-death mechanic. It's also only in recent hardware generations started arriving in the west, despite dating back to 1990 and the Famicom. I've no experience with the series, so will be working closely with my Guest Editor. I hope to contact scenario writer and director Shouzou Kaga, who left the series to form his own company. Given the series' recent release on 3DS, it should be feasible through standard PR channels to contact those involved in more recent editions. Spread the word among the Fire Emblem fan community!

While I'm kind of skeptical about Kaga coming on board, I don't think it should be too hard to meet with the Awakening team.

And if he does get a hold of Kaga... man, there's so much to ask, I don't know where you'd begin. Personally I'm curious as to the reasons for why he left Nintendo, his initial vision for Emblem Saga and what on earth was Fire Emblem 64?

(Disclaimer: I'm not involved with the Kickstarter.)

Edited by VincentASM

I briefly chatted with John and the secret guest editor and there's a chance we might be able to get involved a bit. No promises though, which is understandable since the project hasn't started yet.

One thing I noticed personally: the project still has a fair ways to go before reaching its goal. I think they might make it, but it's going to be very close...

Any chance we can find some pledgers here? Or people who can plug this project elsewhere? ^^

I'd like to contribute, but unfortunately I don't really have much money on hand. I wouldn't know what kind of questions to ask Kaga, but one thing I'd like to hear from the Awakening staff would be the reasons why several of the characters don't have children of their own (Say'ri, Flavia, etc.), and also why those same characters don't have much in the way of supports at all.